Page 546 of 662 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 9919

Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Action comics vol 1 or Wonder Woman vol 1?
    Did I make the right choice?
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    It's relatively straight forward and accessible. You may not get all of the references and know who the characters are, but you shouldn't be confused.

Plus, it's an absolutely great book
    I agree. Reading Crisis on Infinite Earths would give a little more weight and context to the story but it'll still be a great accessible read even without in my opinion. I finally broke down and bought it. It should be here next Friday.

It's relatively straight forward and accessible. You may not get all of the references and know who the characters are, but you shouldn't be confused.

Plus, it's an absolutely great book
    Thanks, this will be my first Omnibus purchase. I usually stick to more grounded comic stories (Superman: For All Seasons, Ex Machina etc) but Geoff Johns is accessible and I've read nothing but good things about the book. Kingdom Come really piqued my interest in a "superhero epic". As long there aren't six different worlds with five different Batmans and alien space magic, I'll probably really enjoy it.
    Last edited by Wasp14; 02-01-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson4 View Post
    Thanks, this will be my first Omnibus purchase. I usually stick to more grounded comic stories (Superman: For All Seasons, Ex Machina etc) but Geoff Johns is accessible and I've read nothing but things about the book. Kingdom Come really piqued my interest in a a "superhero epic". As long there aren't six different worlds with five different Batmans and alien space magic, I'll probably really enjoy it.
    It sounds like the Crisis stuff might not be your thing.

While enjoyable, Infinite Crisis serves as a sequel to the orginal Crisis on Infinte Earths, with the multiverse concept as the central focus. There are also a lot of plot threads from other book that can be a little off putting to newer readers.

Thanks, this will be my first Omnibus purchase. I usually stick to more grounded comic stories (Superman: For All Seasons, Ex Machina etc) but Geoff Johns is accessible and I've read nothing but good things about the book. Kingdom Come really piqued my interest in a "superhero epic". As long there aren't six different worlds with five different Batmans and alien space magic, I'll probably really enjoy it.
    Erm

About that... lol
    Yeah there are those things. One of the miniseries (6 issues) included is all about an alien war. And another is all about a magic revolution. Neither were the high points of the book imo. And there were plenty of earths involved, but have no worries, it's not confusing.

But seriously, don't let that deter you, the book is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1981 View Post
    It sounds like the Crisis stuff might not be your thing.

While enjoyable, Infinite Crisis serves as a sequel to the orginal Crisis on Infinte Earths, with the multiverse concept as the central focus. There are also a lot of plot threads from other book that can be a little off putting to newer readers.
    I haven't read CoIE, and found IC pretty accessible. The multiverse concept in this one isn't that confusing compared to Final Crisis.

Erm

About that... lol
    Yeah there are those things. One of the miniseries (6 issues) included is all about an alien war. And another is all about a magic revolution. Neither were the high points of the book imo. And there were plenty of earths involved, but have no worries, it's not confusing.

But seriously, don't let that deter you, the book is great.
    Thanks for your help. I don't mind reading through an all out alien war if it's handled plausibly (like in the Mass Effect series) or as long as the rest of the book overshadows it. Potentially ridiculous concepts taken on seriously (similar to Nolan's take on Batman or "World's Greatest Superheroes/Marvels") is what I strongly prefer though. How similar is it in style to John's current run on Justice League?

Thanks for your help. I don't mind reading through an all out alien war if it's handled plausibly (like in the Mass Effect series) or as long as the rest of the book overshadows it. Potentially ridiculous concepts taken on seriously (similar to Nolan's take on Batman or "World's Greatest Superheroes/Marvels") is what I strongly prefer though. How similar is it in style to John's current run on Justice League?
    Unlike John's new 52 output, his pre-relaunch books were strongly steeped continuity (but in a good way, mostly). His current output is really handicapped without a rich history to mine from.

Aside; I always get a kick out of people claiming Nolan's Batman films are "grounded in reality" (re: water vaporizer, cell phone sonar, etc.).

Hmm. Well. The thing is- IC omnibus is about as comic booky as comic books get. It's not plausible at all. And I'm ok with that. You will be hard pressed to find a book concerning the larger DCU (Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and all of them, plus all of the different galaxies and universes) that is "grounded in reality". I haven't read much of John's JL, but from what I have read, I much prefer Infinite Crisis.

I went ahead and ordered it, IC looks to be a great read. Can't wait to own my first omnibus, thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I agree. Reading Crisis on Infinite Earths would give a little more weight and context to the story but it'll still be a great accessible read even without in my opinion. I finally broke down and bought it. It should be here next Friday.
    CoIE does not really add anything much to the reading of Infinite Crisis IMHO. There is a little bit that migh be clearer like Pariah in the few pages he appears, but google would answer that.

I just can't get excited about CoIE. Given other material of the same period was so much better. It was like a DC editorial housecleaning event they decided to cash in on.

Infinite Crisis is pretty good. The omnibus is a lot of story and it's put together pretty good. Yeah, it might not be 100% complete but it's a huge book that might not have been able to contain much more.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Action comics vol 1 or Wonder Woman vol 1?
    Did I make the right choice?
    i love morrison, and i've been enjoying every issue of his action comics run, but honestly people will be celebrating azzarello and chiang's wonder woman for decades to come, while nobody's gonna remember morrison's new 52 action run in a coupla years over all-star superman.

btw, i haven't done a mass preorder from amazon in a while... but basically you can just keep adding books to an order, right? as long as nothing's been shipped?

if i preorder 10 books, and 1 of them gets shipped, i can't add any more, is this correct?

asking because they don't do free shipping here anymore and i wanna minimize the "per order" fee lol