Page 540 of 662 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by josh straightedge View Post
    Are Black Glove, Inc and RIP the only deluxe HC's he did for Batman? I know that one of them is regular-sized.
    the three batman & robin HC's are deluxe as well. time & the batman is not deluxe.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

I picked up the Flex Mentallo HC yesterday evening. I noticed after I bought it that I've really been buying a lot of Grant Morrison stuff in HC. I think that besides Joe The Barbarian, there's not a deluxe that I can think of that I don't have now.

Are Black Glove, Inc and RIP the only deluxe HC's he did for Batman? I know that one of them is regular-sized.
    There's also The Return of Bruce Wayne and the Batman and Robin deluxes.

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    the three batman & robin HC's are deluxe as well. time & the batman is not deluxe.
    I have Absolute Batman & Robin so I probably won't get those.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    There's also The Return of Bruce Wayne and the Batman and Robin deluxes.
    I plan on getting Return Of Bruce Wayne too. Never read it.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    for ER Prest (and others who are interested), here are a few pics of camelot 3000. not having ever seen the original single issues i can't really be a judge of how "bad" the reproduction is of bolland's art in this book.

this link goes over some details of why other people think it's crap, but doing a quick flip through, i thought it looked fine (again, nothing to compare it to.) http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...1#.UQQ5imfB3Yw

i wish DC still did their covers like this with the debossing

That doesn't look too bad. I'll have to pick it up sometime before September so I can have Bolland sign it in Baltimore(already got him to sign the Superman WHTTMOT deluxe, Flash omnibus 1, and Invisibles omnibus which he was really surprised to see I had bought)

Today I received a copy of Gotham Central HC 3 in the mail. I got it from a marketplace seller on Amazon for $5.95, before shipping. I figured when it said it was in used/like new condition that it would be, you know, used. Hot damn! It was still sealed!

Now I just have to get volume 4, so they can announce an omnibus.

Edit: my mistake. The invoice said new. But still, you can imagine why I'd be skeptical.
    Last edited by Enormouse; 01-26-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    That doesn't look too bad. I'll have to pick it up sometime before September so I can have Bolland sign it in Baltimore(already got him to sign the Superman WHTTMOT deluxe, Flash omnibus 1, and Invisibles omnibus which he was really surprised to see I had bought)
    Too funny! I purposely avoid this thread just to save myself money!

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote2010 View Post
    Too funny! I purposely avoid this thread just to save myself money!
    Save money? You only live once!

I picked up the Flex Mentallo HC yesterday evening. I noticed after I bought it that I've really been buying a lot of Grant Morrison stuff in HC. I think that besides Joe The Barbarian, there's not a deluxe that I can think of that I don't have now.

Batman and Robin vol 1,2,3, and Return of Bruce Wayne. Also maybe Arkham Asylum was Deluxe at one point, but it isn't in print anymore at least.
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

Bolland's art in Camelot certainly looks very different compared to TKJ, which has absolutely beautiful art.
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

I know just about nothing about Elementals myself, even though I've always bought indie books(full Comico Grendel run) but I've always been curious as to what it is. I never jump into indie books blind anymore. What was it about?
    It's been awhile so I"m going by memory (Wikipedia didn't really help).

Basically this sorcerer upsets the natural order of the universe which in response gives four people who were recently killed super powers (earth, fire, water, air). They don't really fight crime as a typical super team but rather the first volume, which was about 25-30 issues is their long battle with the sorcerer.

There was a second volume and part of it takes place in the distant future in which the four have gone separate ways and, I think, sort of oversee society. That went 25-30 issues but didn't finish.

All of this by the way was building up to what they called the Oblivion Wars.

So, vol 3, which was supposed to be about the war, started. We never get the end of volume 2, but there was an ending. At the time, Willingham said he'd eventually get around telling it. Vol 3 went three issues.

There were other mini-series, too. Something about vampires, but, again, it was never completed.

Then Comico went into the toilet and none of this stuff ever got wrapped up.

In the late 1990s, Willingham then wrote and drew a black and white comic called Pantheon published by Lone Star Press. I think it was 12 issues. In a way this was a retelling of the series, according to him, and it did get complete. I think there were some spin-offs of that, too.

There is a trade paperback that you can probably get on the cheap that collects Justice Machine Annual 1 (first appearance) and then Elementals 1-5. I don't think the one book does the series justice, but it's worth reading.

This was a very violent, dark (with a number of sexual elements) series, first published in 1984. People talk about Watchmen and Dark Knight breaking boundaries, but this is where it started.

I actually tracked down all of it about 15 years back and read it. Again, it's not complete, but still enjoyable. I've since sold it, but you can probably get the floppies on Ebay for cheap.

Well, this is interesting. It appears that there's a Superman/Batman Absolute Edition on the way that includes issues 1-13:

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...anbatman-vol-1

Also, with all of this talk of Golden Age stuff, there's a Golden Age Superman Omnibus coming in May:

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...-omnibus-vol-1

Hopefully, DC follows suit with some stuff for classic Batman.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    Well, this is interesting. It appears that there's a Superman/Batman Absolute Edition on the way that includes issues 1-13:

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...anbatman-vol-1

Also, with all of this talk of Golden Age stuff, there's a Golden Age Superman Omnibus coming in May:

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...-omnibus-vol-1

Hopefully, DC follows suit with some stuff for classic Batman.
    Yea they popped up in an amazon fish weeks ago with a bunch of other stuff and were in the recent solicits. They're on amazon for pre order

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Yea they popped up in an amazon fish weeks ago with a bunch of other stuff and were in the recent solicits. They're on amazon for pre order
    Ah, it appears I'm a bit late to the party, then; my apologies. Well, on a related note, I picked up Absolute DC: The New Frontier over the holidays. It's a fantastic read, if I do say so myself. I'm eyeing the Absolute All-Star more and more each day.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    Ah, it appears I'm a bit late to the party, then; my apologies. Well, on a related note, I picked up Absolute DC: The New Frontier over the holidays. It's a fantastic read, if I do say so myself. I'm eyeing the Absolute All-Star more and more each day.
    No worries. New Frontier is a great book, and a great absolute. All Star Superman is one of the books I've been meaning to upgrade to absolute, also one of the few absolutes that remain that I need

Anybody know what kind of extras does Absolute All-Star Superman have?

Thanks, appreciated.