Page 538 of 662 FirstFirst ... 38438488528534535536537538539540541542548588638 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    I hate this. Who gets off on a comic book about superheroes? I mean seriously. Obviously some may have big racks, but it's unrealistic and comes off as a juvenile teen's fantasy when all these women are in skimpy costumes with voluptuous breasts. Really wish they'd tone it down a little
    While i do agree with you that it shouldnt be that way, I actually prefer it. No im not some perv adolescent but I read comics for the art and story. I can understand having a low key character look like a plain jane person off the street but I want my main characters to stand out. If the male heroes are going to look like Arnold in his prime then the females can look like Pamela Anderson in hers. It wont work for every hero, like Prof X but if they are supposed to be built then why not go over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    My Books of Magic Deluxe arrived today. It's got a razor's scratch on the front cover, so it will be returned, but other than that it's a really nice book! It's a little tight, but same quality as the Black Orchid Deluxe. I haven't got a softcover to compare with, but check out the table of contents to see what's included. There's 8 pages of extra's (Apocrypha) with thumbnail page layouts, plot lines, sketches etc. Here are some shots of the book for those that asked:
    Well that looks amazing andthat's me sold, time to bin the TPB and upgrade. The TPB was terrible in quality.

I hate this. Who gets off on a comic book about superheroes? I mean seriously. Obviously some may have big racks, but it's unrealistic and comes off as a juvenile teen's fantasy when all these women are in skimpy costumes with voluptuous breasts. Really wish they'd tone it down a little
    Heh. You're probably too young to remember The Elementals published by the now defunct Comico. (Damn wish someone could somehow put that in an omnibus). I bet there were some pervs reading that, particularly since there were some "sex specials" mini-series and one-shots.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyScarecrow View Post
    While i do agree with you that it shouldnt be that way, I actually prefer it. No im not some perv adolescent but I read comics for the art and story. I can understand having a low key character look like a plain jane person off the street but I want my main characters to stand out. If the male heroes are going to look like Arnold in his prime then the females can look like Pamela Anderson in hers. It wont work for every hero, like Prof X but if they are supposed to be built then why not go over the top.
    Being muscular and strong enhances a man's ability to fight crime
    Having big breasts hinders a woman's ability to fight crime
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

Unless you're the Wasp in Vol. 1 of Mark Millar's Ultimates

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

I think it has more to do with the go/goddess physic rather then sexuality in Shiftyscarecrows's post. Kind of like the golden measurement for classical Greek statues and paintings.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Unless you're the Wasp in Vol. 1 of Mark Millar's Ultimates
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I think it has more to do with the go/goddess physic rather then sexuality in Shiftyscarecrows's post. Kind of like the golden measurement for classical Greek statues and paintings.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's perv, I'm just saying that all the women having huge breasts is unrealistic and a bit juvenile. I mean, they all fight crime, men included, so they should be buff. But having great big breasts would actually hinder the female. This ties into the controversy surrounding the Catwoman 0 cover, where the artist contorted her back to an impossible angle to show her T&A

I'd prefer they tone it down

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Heh. You're probably too young to remember The Elementals published by the now defunct Comico. (Damn wish someone could somehow put that in an omnibus). I bet there were some pervs reading that, particularly since there were some "sex specials" mini-series and one-shots.

Ah Willingham. That guy seems to be always writing books that push the limits

I have never heard of the Elementals

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Does the Death & Return omni look worth getting as an upgrade? I had the trades but sold them a while back. Tempted.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Hey all do u think absolute blackest night is worth picking up? Or should I wait to see if an 800pg omni comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicCripp View Post
    Hey all do u think absolute blackest night is worth picking up? Or should I wait to see if an 800pg omni comes out?
    It really depends on what you're looking for.

If you just want the stories in a nice hardcover, which is what I want, then I'd wait for the omnibus/es or Deluxe HCs or whatever.

If you love the Absolute format and love the Blackest Night story and art, then definitely get the Absolute.

I may be wrong in thinking this, but all signs point to a Johns' Green Lantern Omnibus at some point. If you've waited this long to read the story, then a little while longer won't matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post

I may be wrong in thinking this, but all signs point to a Johns' Green Lantern Omnibus at some point.
    Do they? I can't see why they'd release it in another format soon after releasing an Absolute. Surely they'll try and milk those sales for as long as possible before bringing out an Omnibus. I may be wrong, but I was under the impression if we do see an Omnibus it won't be for quite a while.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    Does the Death & Return omni look worth getting as an upgrade? I had the trades but sold them a while back. Tempted.
    I'll be buying it upon release, if that means anything

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    Do they? I can't see why they'd release it in another format soon after releasing an Absolute. Surely they'll try and milk those sales for as long as possible before bringing out an Omnibus. I may be wrong, but I was under the impression if we do see an Omnibus it won't be for quite a while.
    I can see an omnibus of his GL material, but probably not for another year or two. Maybe around the time the JL movie comes out to capitalize on the characters. Who knows. But I can see DC doing it. We just better have his JSA omnibusized by then though

Does anyone else here have "Green Lantern Willworld" by DeMatteis/Fisher? Just got it off ebay and man, was Fisher a stunning artist. Somewhere between Moebius and Darrow (Darrow of course being himself influenecd by Moebius). Art-wise, that book would be more deserving of an Absolute than almost any other DC/Vertigo book so far - if it wasn't so short. So sad that Fisher died so young.

Btw, if there's any German lurkers about: Amazon.de Warehouse Deals has both Absolute DKR and V (condition "very good") for around 45€ each.