Page 520 of 662 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    To get to work to buy more omnibuses! I actually have all the DC omnibuses I want that are out at the moment. John's TT isn't out till the end of February, so I'm good till then. And I also have all the Marvel omnibuses that I want that are in print still except one. So I'm good for awhile on the expensive books. It's these pesky deluxe books that I'm working on now
    Only problem is, they keep coming out with new ones! Teen Titans omnibus should be interesting. I'd be interested in it, although I don't have any exposure to the Titans, except Nightwing. I've heard good things about it. What Deluxes are you going after now? Part of a specific run?
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Only problem is, they keep coming out with new ones! Teen Titans omnibus should be interesting. I'd be interested in it, although I don't have any exposure to the Titans, except Nightwing. I've heard good things about it. What Deluxes are you going after now? Part of a specific run?
    It's really good. Sets up some stuff that happens in IC. I still need Fables and some various Gaiman and some random deluxes here and there, for DC/Vertigo at least.

It's really good. Sets up some stuff that happens in IC. I still need Fables and some various Gaiman and some random deluxes here and there, for DC/Vertigo at least.
    Ah. Well I'll check it out. I did appreciate FC a lot more after reading IC.

Fables is a tough on for me. I have the series in trade, but don't really feel like it's worth it to upgrade to deluxe. I do really enjoy the book, and would have got the deluxe editions for sure if I hadn't already bought the trades. I am in the same situation with Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Swamp Thing, Tom Strong, Preacher, and Powers. Although, I've heard that the Preacher and Swamp Thing HCs aren't that great.

I did upgrade to The Invisible Omnibus, I've preordered the Sleeper Omnibus, and I'll probably upgrade to the Animal Man Omnibus.

I almost forgot, Stormwatch and Authority HCs fall into this same category for me. I'd definitely upgrade to OSHCs, but regular HCs aren't that big of an upgrade over trades to me.

I saw on Amazon that the six issue hardcover edition of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing is gradually being replaced by softcover paperbacks. Do you know if Dc won't ever reprint those HCs?

Got some comics this morning, there is stuff from other publishers in there too but what the hell. And yeah, the technopriests collection is even bigger than an absolute :O

http://imgur.com/FHx08

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    Fables is a tough on for me. I have the series in trade, but don't really feel like it's worth it to upgrade to deluxe. I do really enjoy the book, and would have got the deluxe editions for sure if I hadn't already bought the trades. I am in the same situation with Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Swamp Thing, Tom Strong, Preacher, and Powers. Although, I've heard that the Preacher and Swamp Thing HCs aren't that great.

I did upgrade to The Invisible Omnibus, I've preordered the Sleeper Omnibus, and I'll probably upgrade to the Animal Man Omnibus.
    Fables is a tough one - the HCs are WAY behind the floppies/TPBs. Plus the HCs only collect slightly more issues per volume than the TPBs. So the $/page is terrible, and it feels like you'll never catch up.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post

I have the Y and Ex hardcovers, never had the tpb. Don't have TS yet, but have the Preacher hardcovers, they're okay. shoulda been oversized. Swamp Things currently being reprinted in tpb now that the hardcovers are done, so I bet we'll see some sort of omnibus, which is why I'm holding off buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by hpa88 View Post
    I saw on Amazon that the six issue hardcover edition of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing is gradually being replaced by softcover paperbacks. Do you know if Dc won't ever reprint those HCs?
    See above
    Quote Originally Posted by NCatron View Post
    Fables is a tough one - the HCs are WAY behind the floppies/TPBs. Plus the HCs only collect slightly more issues per volume than the TPBs. So the $/page is terrible, and it feels like you'll never catch up.
    I did realize that the Fables hardcovers are so effed up, i had figured they collected two tpbs worth of material. Hmm....odd

Quick question for those of you with Final Crisis experience. I've put off reading it (and re-reading the Morrison Batman saga as a result) because I've heard a lot of people say it works best if you go into it with a familiarity with DC history. I'm fine with that. Honestly, I would expect nothing less of a story that part of a 70-year company's ongoing output. What I'd like to know, though, is what I'd be best reading. I've already got the 4 Fourth World books, and am planning on picking up the Infinite Crisis and 52 Omniboo anyway. In addition, I've got the 3rd and 4th Countdown trades, but I've heard that series isn't so good. So what would you recommend, or what is generally recommended, for a fuller understanding and appreciation of Final Crisis? Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by hpa88 View Post
    I would rather assume we fill finally get Absolute/Omnibus collections out of them instead.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum_Valentino View Post
    Quick question for those of you with Final Crisis experience. I've put off reading it (and re-reading the Morrison Batman saga as a result) because I've heard a lot of people say it works best if you go into it with a familiarity with DC history. I'm fine with that. Honestly, I would expect nothing less of a story that part of a 70-year company's ongoing output. What I'd like to know, though, is what I'd be best reading. I've already got the 4 Fourth World books, and am planning on picking up the Infinite Crisis and 52 Omniboo anyway. In addition, I've got the 3rd and 4th Countdown trades, but I've heard that series isn't so good. So what would you recommend, or what is generally recommended, for a fuller understanding and appreciation of Final Crisis? Thanks much.
    IMO, the best way to understand Final Crisis is to read it, read it again, read it some more. A few read throughs of the book should do the trick. For preparation, Infinite Crisis is good, can't comment on any of the others. Morrison's Batman is also a good prep read, and so is Identity Crisis, but remember, nothing can fully prepare you. When I first read it, it wasn't the history and all that that confused me, it was the way it was presented, and the brand new concepts. The Superman Beyond issues were pretty confusing at first. While reading, I recommend that you don't cram. Maybe go 2 or 3 issues a day, so not to overwhelm. You do have a working knowledge of the DC universe, (who are the green lanterns, guardians of the universe, teen titans, all that stuff) Ask questions as you go along!

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum_Valentino View Post
    Morrison's animal man, batman, and his work in general, seven soldiers, knowledge of the fourth world, 52, CoIE, else worlds in general. Stay away from countdown. That what I can think of off the top of my head, its a book that needs to be read multiple times if for the last issue alone, and its been awhile since I read it. That said, its one of my favorite Morrison books, and events in recent years

Hello all! I'm not sure if anyone would be interested, but due to some economic difficulties recently, I've been selling off my entire collection. A decent number of my hardcovers/collected editions are on eBay now, with more to come soon. Here's the link to my items:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/comicguy_420...&_trksid=p3686
    Check out my eBay items!

My blog: Random Pop Culture Reviews!

Morrison's animal man, batman, and his work in general, seven soldiers, knowledge of the fourth world, 52, CoIE, else worlds in general. Stay away from countdown. That what I can think of off the top of my head, its a book that needs to be read multiple times if for the last issue alone, and its been awhile since I read it. That said, its one of my favorite Morrison books, and events in recent years
    What did you find confusing about the last issue? And the Absolute really enhances issue 7, I'm glad they put the extra pages in, but iirc you have it already.