Page 504 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    Jumping the discussion back a few pages, I seem to have some extra money now which I was going to use for TNG Season 2 blu-ray which apparently doesn't seem to exist in any shop here, so I'm now torn between holding onto the money for an indeffinate period of time in the vain hope I locate it, or picking up Absolute Batman & Robin on Wednesday, gah!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Trek-Ge.../dp/B0095H9F8M

Not HC, but what the heck... my copy of Northlanders Vol. 7 has shipped. Hooray!

So sad this series was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Not HC, but what the heck... my copy of Northlanders Vol. 7 has shipped. Hooray!

Me too. The last 9 issues are great. Not as good as some of the other trades though, but you'll have a great time!!

BTW It's not Northlanders, but you should pick up Brian Wood's Conan hardcover which also should be out any day now. It's awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

BTW It's not Northlanders, but you should pick up Brian Wood's Conan hardcover which also should be out any day now. It's awesome!!
    Queen of the Black Coast? Sounds great.

I need to pick up Conan in general. Loved that as a kid, and there's supposed to be some great runs from Dark Horse as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooble89 View Post
    Can'y you just order it online? As someone who's also in Scotland I've never had any problem locating Blu-Rays.

Not that you shouldn't buy Absolute Batman & Robin.
    I could, it's just that I have the actual money from Christmas kicking about in my wallet. I usually never had trouble locating anything else, including steel books, but these TNG blu-rays seem to elude me.

Thanks, and it now appears to be a 10 cheaper than it was last time I checked, sod it I'm buying both!

I need to pick up Conan in general. Loved that as a kid, and there's supposed to be some great runs from Dark Horse as well.
    Funny I was the opposite, didn't like it at all as a kid, but had to give the book a try since Wood was going to write it. I'm enjoying it tremendously now. I might have to go back too. I heard Kurt Busiek's run especially should be good. However most Conan hc's are OOP. :( And yeah Queen of the Black Coast, that's the one and out this week also.

Funny I was the opposite, didn't like it at all as a kid, but had to give the book a try since Wood was going to write it. I'm enjoying it tremendously now. I might have to go back too. I heard Kurt Busiek's run especially should be good. However most Conan hc's are OOP. :( And yeah Queen of the Black Coast, that's the one and out this week also.
    Yeah, some of those go for over $150 on Amazon.com. Hopefully DH will make library editions of that.

To get back to DC related topics, I got my copy of the DC Universe by Alan Moore today. Dunno why I waited so long to get that since he is still my favourite author. There are quite a few stories in there I haven't read yet, but also some I already know and love, like the Superman stories. That panel from "For the man who has everything" where Superman just quietly says "Burn" to Mongul is perhaps the single best Superman panel ever.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 01-07-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Is it that good? I'm kinda trying not to pick up more new series......but it's by Wood.....

i will be ordering this sometime this week. loved the series.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Quote Originally Posted by Jlls View Post
    Is it that good? I'm kinda trying not to pick up more new series......but it's by Wood.....
    it's fantastic.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

busiek & nord's run i think is really great and the truman & giorello a step down but still entertaining. i think wood's work is as good as busiek's so far.

as i'm up to date on the more recent conan books, i've been wanting to get into the savage sword of conan collections.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Does anyone think we will get a 'Batman - Night Of Owls Deluxe edition' containing the fist 2 vols of Batman new 52?

Probably at some point, or if not a deluxe then maybe a Snyder Batman omnibus or something.

I'd buy the hell out of an Absolute Black Mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    Jumping the discussion back a few pages, I seem to have some extra money now which I was going to use for TNG Season 2 blu-ray which apparently doesn't seem to exist in any shop here, so I'm now torn between holding onto the money for an indeffinate period of time in the vain hope I locate it, or picking up Absolute Batman & Robin on Wednesday, gah!
    Definitely Absolute Batman and Robin! I'm not going to be getting it until March (got some JLA books to get beforehand), so if you do get it, some pics would be welcome

Alright guys, I'm a bit of the way through the actual Infinite Crisis series part of the book. I was wondering, about the 52 series, does it feature characters such as Flash and Green Lantern, or mostly more of the "unknowns" like Booster Gold?

It seems to me that DC should price their omnibuses like this:
    500- 750 pages= 75
    751-1000= 100
    1001-1300= 125
    1301<=150

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Does anyone think we will get a 'Batman - Night Of Owls Deluxe edition' containing the fist 2 vols of Batman new 52?
    I actually think that will happen, and I would buy the crap out of it. And a Black Mirror Absolute. That, I would love. Man, the Absolute addiction is kicking in. I need moar!
    Last edited by Batman9; 01-07-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Definitely Absolute Batman and Robin! I'm not going to be getting it until March (got some JLA books to get beforehand), so if you do get it, some pics would be welcome

Alright guys, I'm a bit of the way through the actual Infinite Crisis series part of the book. I was wondering, about the 52 series, does it feature characters such as Flash and Green Lantern, or mostly more of the "unknowns" like Booster Gold?

It seems to me that DC should price their omnibuses like this:
    500- 750 pages= 75
    751-1000= 100
    1001-1300= 125
    1301<=150

I actually think that will happen, and I would buy the crap out of it. And a Black Mirror Absolute. That, I would love. Man, the Absolute addiction is kicking in. I need moar!

Mostly "unknowns" like Booster Gold, Ralph Dibny, Animal Man, Adam Strange, Renee Montoya, etc. 52 is absolutely phenomenal, I enjoyed every bit of it.