Page 503 of 662 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    They are not lol the unmatching spines piss me off so much
    Don't know why, but mine match. The diagonal pattern alternates each volume, some it looks good and natural. And the height is exactly the same on each volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Don't know why, but mine match. The diagonal pattern alternates each volume, some it looks good and natural. And the height is exactly the same on each volume.
    He's talking about the different logo's.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    He's talking about the different logo's.
    Oh. Normally when I hear people talk about the NML trade dressing, it's the height and patterns that don't match. But yeah, the logo's don't match, which is a bit annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Oh. Normally when I hear people talk about the NML trade dressing, it's the height and patterns that don't match. But yeah, the logo's don't match, which is a bit annoying.
    The problems of the modern world

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    How is this possible?! That was one (mediocre) issue compared to dozens of great issues by Simone.

You two clearly have more reading to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    That's kinda my point, no matter whats been done with the character, I will always think of Meltzer's portrayal :)
    Ha, ha, exactly. Can't get the vision out of my head.

Keep seeing Absolute Sandman Vol. 1 going for reasonably cheap on eBay but buying 1 just feels like an expensive commitment to buy 2-5.

Quote Originally Posted by JFreeman View Post
    Keep seeing Absolute Sandman Vol. 1 going for reasonably cheap on eBay but buying 1 just feels like an expensive commitment to buy 2-5.
    Vol. 5 isn't really essential. Great stories with beautiful art, sure, but you get the complete original series in 1-4.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Vol. 5 isn't really essential. Great stories with beautiful art, sure, but you get the complete original series in 1-4.
    Yeah and there should be two omnibuses at 125$ each. So then absolutes vs omnibuses would be $400 vs $250 (at cover price).

Picked up Batman: Noel. I'm not sure how I feel about these HCs that are bigger than the typical trade, but smaller than Absolutes. I only have this one and The Killing Joke. I guess it's because I only have two, that they look out of place on my shelf. A silly thing to worry about, but for some reason it bothers me, haha. I guess the only solution is to buy more of these. :)

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Picked up Batman: Noel. I'm not sure how I feel about these HCs that are bigger than the typical trade, but smaller than Absolutes. I only have this one and The Killing Joke. I guess it's because I only have two, that they look out of place on my shelf. A silly thing to worry about, but for some reason it bothers me, haha. I guess the only solution is to buy more of these. :)
    That's exactly the solution I was going to give you I've got a little over two shelves of DC/Vertigo oversized stuff now (not counting absolutes). The regular sized DC books look out of place now

Formerly GarbageMan

That's exactly the solution I was going to give you I've got a little over two shelves of DC/Vertigo oversized stuff now (not counting absolutes). The regular sized DC books look out of place now
    And those deluxe/omnibus books look tiny compared to absolutes!

And they look even tinier compared to AEs! Anyone have the picture comparing the Wally Wood AE with Absolute AS Supes? Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

And they look even tinier compared to AEs! Anyone have the picture comparing the Wally Wood AE with Absolute AS Supes? Crazy
    That would be me:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post15610622

I used to be all about the soft covers, but these past few months I've really fallen hard for hard covers. While the oversized stuff does seem out of place for now, they're great to read, and I guess that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Dang. That's huge! (That's what she said.) Honestly, I was impressed when I got my first Absolute, so I couldn't really imagine a bigger comic than that.

Also, nice Boardwalk Empire quote. Love that show.
    Last edited by pud333; 01-07-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Jumping the discussion back a few pages, I seem to have some extra money now which I was going to use for TNG Season 2 blu-ray which apparently doesn't seem to exist in any shop here, so I'm now torn between holding onto the money for an indeffinate period of time in the vain hope I locate it, or picking up Absolute Batman & Robin on Wednesday, gah!

Can'y you just order it online? As someone who's also in Scotland I've never had any problem locating Blu-Rays.

Not that you shouldn't buy Absolute Batman & Robin.