Page 503 of 662 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 9919
  1. #7531
    Senior Member Batman9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    They are not lol the unmatching spines piss me off so much
    Don't know why, but mine match. The diagonal pattern alternates each volume, some it looks good and natural. And the height is exactly the same on each volume.

  2. #7532
    Senior Member MartinNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Don't know why, but mine match. The diagonal pattern alternates each volume, some it looks good and natural. And the height is exactly the same on each volume.
    He's talking about the different logo's.

  3. #7533
    Senior Member Batman9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    He's talking about the different logo's.
    Oh. Normally when I hear people talk about the NML trade dressing, it's the height and patterns that don't match. But yeah, the logo's don't match, which is a bit annoying.

  4. #7534
    Senior Member MartinNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Oh. Normally when I hear people talk about the NML trade dressing, it's the height and patterns that don't match. But yeah, the logo's don't match, which is a bit annoying.
    The problems of the modern world

  5. #7535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    How is this possible?! That was one (mediocre) issue compared to dozens of great issues by Simone.

    You two clearly have more reading to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    That's kinda my point, no matter whats been done with the character, I will always think of Meltzer's portrayal :)
    Ha, ha, exactly. Can't get the vision out of my head.

  6. #7536
    New Member JFreeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Keep seeing Absolute Sandman Vol. 1 going for reasonably cheap on eBay but buying 1 just feels like an expensive commitment to buy 2-5.

  7. #7537
    Veteran Member SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JFreeman View Post
    Keep seeing Absolute Sandman Vol. 1 going for reasonably cheap on eBay but buying 1 just feels like an expensive commitment to buy 2-5.
    Vol. 5 isn't really essential. Great stories with beautiful art, sure, but you get the complete original series in 1-4.

  8. #7538
    Senior Member MartinNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Vol. 5 isn't really essential. Great stories with beautiful art, sure, but you get the complete original series in 1-4.
    Yeah and there should be two omnibuses at 125$ each. So then absolutes vs omnibuses would be $400 vs $250 (at cover price).

  9. #7539
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Picked up Batman: Noel. I'm not sure how I feel about these HCs that are bigger than the typical trade, but smaller than Absolutes. I only have this one and The Killing Joke. I guess it's because I only have two, that they look out of place on my shelf. A silly thing to worry about, but for some reason it bothers me, haha. I guess the only solution is to buy more of these. :)

  10. #7540
    Senior Member MartinNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Picked up Batman: Noel. I'm not sure how I feel about these HCs that are bigger than the typical trade, but smaller than Absolutes. I only have this one and The Killing Joke. I guess it's because I only have two, that they look out of place on my shelf. A silly thing to worry about, but for some reason it bothers me, haha. I guess the only solution is to buy more of these. :)
    That's exactly the solution I was going to give you I've got a little over two shelves of DC/Vertigo oversized stuff now (not counting absolutes). The regular sized DC books look out of place now

  11. #7541
    Formerly GarbageMan
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    That's exactly the solution I was going to give you I've got a little over two shelves of DC/Vertigo oversized stuff now (not counting absolutes). The regular sized DC books look out of place now
    And those deluxe/omnibus books look tiny compared to absolutes!

    And they look even tinier compared to AEs! Anyone have the picture comparing the Wally Wood AE with Absolute AS Supes? Crazy

  12. #7542
    Senior Member LordJulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

    And they look even tinier compared to AEs! Anyone have the picture comparing the Wally Wood AE with Absolute AS Supes? Crazy
    That would be me:

    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post15610622

  13. #7543
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    That's exactly the solution I was going to give you I've got a little over two shelves of DC/Vertigo oversized stuff now (not counting absolutes). The regular sized DC books look out of place now
    I used to be all about the soft covers, but these past few months I've really fallen hard for hard covers. While the oversized stuff does seem out of place for now, they're great to read, and I guess that's all that matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Dang. That's huge! (That's what she said.) Honestly, I was impressed when I got my first Absolute, so I couldn't really imagine a bigger comic than that.

    Also, nice Boardwalk Empire quote. Love that show.
    Last edited by pud333; 01-07-2013 at 11:14 AM.

  14. #7544
    Gonna break bad RedNave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Jumping the discussion back a few pages, I seem to have some extra money now which I was going to use for TNG Season 2 blu-ray which apparently doesn't seem to exist in any shop here, so I'm now torn between holding onto the money for an indeffinate period of time in the vain hope I locate it, or picking up Absolute Batman & Robin on Wednesday, gah!

  15. #7545
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Can'y you just order it online? As someone who's also in Scotland I've never had any problem locating Blu-Rays.

    Not that you shouldn't buy Absolute Batman & Robin.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •