Page 500 of 662 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    i'm a big fan of the OMAC project and was my favorite of all the tie-ins (followed closely by villains united). too bad you aren't enjoying the checkmate stuff, the checkmate series by greg rucka was fantastic.
    Just finished Villains United, and it is assuredly excellent. Perhaps I was harsher on the OMAC stuff than I thought, but overall, it wasn't as good as some of the other material here. Still good, not amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I thought about it, but ultimately I decided I wouldn't. I think the art from that series is sometimes amazing, sometimes horrible. In other words, it's too inconsistant for me to rebuy. And I only really loved a few of the issues. The rest of it was sort of meh for me. The SC versions will have to do for me.
    I thought it was incredibly strong throughout. Dunno

Admittedly I'd have to read them again. But I've got to cut down on my spending, so when I do re-read it, it'll have to Absolute-ly wow me in order to buy it again in Absolute form. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Just finished Villains United, and it is assuredly excellent. Perhaps I was harsher on the OMAC stuff than I thought, but overall, it wasn't as good as some of the other material here. Still good, not amazing.
    if you enjoyed villains united that much, i'd recommend trying to track down gail simone's secret six, as i think that is much better than villains united.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

I thought it was incredibly strong throughout. Dunno
    i thought phillip tan was the dud of the bunch, quitely and irving fantastic, with the others very solid.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Formerly GarbageMan

i'm a big fan of the OMAC project and was my favorite of all the tie-ins (followed closely by villains united). too bad you aren't enjoying the checkmate stuff, the checkmate series by greg rucka was fantastic.
    My gf has Checkmate in all singles. I haven't read it yet, but really want to. I'd take an omnibus of that too, I love Rucka's work(and an omnibus of his WW. And Perez's WW. And Jimenez's WW!)

i thought phillip tan was the dud of the bunch, quitely and irving fantastic, with the others very solid.
    Phillip Tan wasn't a dud, by my books, but agreeably the worst of the bunch. Quitely, Irving, Stewart, and that other one I can never remember- they were all fantastic. Not to mention the fabulous writing and characterization by Morrison.

if you enjoyed villains united that much, i'd recommend trying to track down gail simone's secret six, as i think that is much better than villains united.
    I'm really hoping for an omni of that, because I'm diggin' Catman and I love Bane.

Formerly GarbageMan

Phillip Tan wasn't a dud, by my books, but agreeably the worst of the bunch. Quitely, Irving, Stewart, and that other one I can never remember- they were all fantastic. Not to mention the fabulous writing and characterization by Morrison.

I'm really hoping for an omni of that, because I'm diggin' Catman and I love Bane.
    Whenever someone mentions Catman, I always think of the Meltzer arc from Green Arrow....

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Whenever someone mentions Catman, I always think of the Meltzer arc from Green Arrow....
    Why? Is he good/bad/hilarious in it?

Also, congrats guys, we've hit 500!

My gf has Checkmate in all singles. I haven't read it yet, but really want to. I'd take an omnibus of that too, I love Rucka's work(and an omnibus of his WW. And Perez's WW. And Jimenez's WW!)
    if you get around to reading it, completely skip the bruce jones issues at the end of the series after rucka (then trautman) were off the series. i'm a big fan of rucka as well and have been meaning to read his work on wonder woman.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

So, to the people who read the IC omnibus, which is the best 'section'? Villains United? OMAC Project? Sacrifice? Rann Thanagar war? Crisis of Conscience? Infinite Crisis itself?
    I'm on the last issue of Villains United, which has been pretty great. It all sort of comes together. OMAC was a little weak, Sacrifice was great, and I have no idea what the Rann Thanagar war is even supposed to be about. I'm assuming those are different species warring on an alien planet?
    And who's picking up the Batman and Robin Absolute in a couple weeks?
    I'm going to have to go with OMAC project also. It was definitely my favourite part of the book. I loved Rucka's characterisation there. I didn't really notice who wrote it till about halfway through where I thought... Damn who wrote this? Rucka is such a great writer and I've loved everything I read of him so far.

And YES to B&R Absolute. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm really curious to see what has happened to the page count of that one.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 01-04-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Ha ha, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I'm going to have to go with OMAC project also. It was definitely my favourite part of the book. I loved Rucka's characterisation there. I didn't really notice who wrote it till about halfway through where I thought... Damn who wrote this? Rucka is such a great writer and I've loved everything I read of him so far.

And YES to B&R Absolute. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm really curious to see what has happened to the page count of that one.
    Oh yeah, the page count. I wonder how that's going to happen. If I remember correctly, each trade had like 10 pages of extras at the back. I hope the Absolute has exclusive extras.

Hey Guys - this is my first post on this thread, which I have been following for a while now.

I started to buy DC comics with the new52, and promised myself that I would not go back and purchase any comics set in past DC continuity...with that said, obviously this thread has made me re-think that stance because of all of the great Omnibus/Absolute editions out there. I have been restraining myself and haven't bought any Omnis/Absolutes, yet. I'm afraid this hobby can get very expensive really quickly.

I have two questions:

1) I've been very tempted to get the '52' Omnibus, which I've heard great things about the story - is this a stand-alone story that I can just jump into without having read any other stories in the old continuity? I have done some research on the web and on Wikipedia but I'm still unclear. Does '52' offer a story with a beginning and an ending?

2) I've been thinking about getting into Morrison's Batman saga from the beginning, but I see that the stories have been released in different formats/versions (TPB, OHC, Absolutes, etc). I prefer the OHC (Deluxe) editions, but I don't think DC has released all of the books in this format and looking in Amazon, some of them are OOP, and have different sizes (h x w). Now I see that a B&R Absolute will be released soon, but they haven't released Black Glove or RIP in this format, which precede B&R; this makes no sense to me. Does DC tend to just randomly select stories for their Absolutes? Am I better off just waiting for an Omnibus? Is it a sure thing that DC will eventually release an Omnibus of the entire saga after Morrison finishes his current Batman Inc. story?

Thank you for all of your help with these questions in advanced, and I sincerely love this thread...too much for my own liking and the potential catastrophe it could mean for my finances! :)
    Monthly: Animal Man, Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman
    Currently reading in Trades: Hellboy LE Vol. 1

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    2) Does DC tend to just randomly select stories for their Absolutes? Am I better off just waiting for an Omnibus? Is it a sure thing that DC will eventually release an Omnibus of the entire saga after Morrison finishes his current Batman Inc. story?
    Pretty much, but it's based on sales. Maybe. There's no guarantee.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    Hey Guys - this is my first post on this thread, which I have been following for a while now.

I started to buy DC comics with the new52, and promised myself that I would not go back and purchase any comics set in past DC continuity...with that said, obviously this thread has made me re-think that stance because of all of the great Omnibus/Absolute editions out there. I have been restraining myself and haven't bought any Omnis/Absolutes, yet. I'm afraid this hobby can get very expensive really quickly.

I have two questions:

1) I've been very tempted to get the '52' Omnibus, which I've heard great things about the story - is this a stand-alone story that I can just jump into without having read any other stories in the old continuity? I have done some research on the web and on Wikipedia but I'm still unclear. Does '52' offer a story with a beginning and an ending?

2) I've been thinking about getting into Morrison's Batman saga from the beginning, but I see that the stories have been released in different formats/versions (TPB, OHC, Absolutes, etc). I prefer the OHC (Deluxe) editions, but I don't think DC has released all of the books in this format and looking in Amazon, some of them are OOP, and have different sizes (h x w). Now I see that a B&R Absolute will be released soon, but they haven't released Black Glove or RIP in this format, which precede B&R; this makes no sense to me. Does DC tend to just randomly select stories for their Absolutes? Am I better off just waiting for an Omnibus? Is it a sure thing that DC will eventually release an Omnibus of the entire saga after Morrison finishes his current Batman Inc. story?

Thank you for all of your help with these questions in advanced, and I sincerely love this thread...too much for my own liking and the potential catastrophe it could mean for my finances! :)
    52 follows Infinite Crisis, literally, by a day. And both books have great stories.

For more knowledge on Infinite Crisis, Crisis on Infinite Earths is pretty great too. The upcoming Teen Titans by Johns has some important stuff, same with the 3 Flash omnibuses and the Identity Crisis story.