Page 499 of 662 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Amazon has them at around $17.50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    I'll echo JeffBrady. I got them all of Amazon (or was it B&N?), for about 18 bucks a pop. 550 pages for 18 bucks? It's a good deal.
    Thanks. I checked amazon Canada and they have them starting at $21 each. Free shipping if I buy a couple books. Cheaper on Amazon's US site but the shipping and duty would kill the savings, so I'll put those on my "to buy" list. I already blew my budget for the next two weeks:)

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Thanks. I checked amazon Canada and they have them starting at $21 each. Free shipping if I buy a couple books. Cheaper on Amazon's US site but the shipping and duty would kill the savings, so I'll put those on my "to buy" list. I already blew my budget for the next two weeks:)
    Have you read the new Knightfall trades?

Price them out on both sites. The price difference + GST is sometimes greater than shipping from the US.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

Have you read the new Knightfall trades?
    I've read chunks of the story in the past but I have not touched the new trades. It's on my list but it's far down. Other priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Price them out on both sites. The price difference + GST is sometimes greater than shipping from the US.
    Good point.

I've read chunks of the story in the past but I have not touched the new trades. It's on my list but it's far down. Other priorities.

Good point.
    Not only are Knightfall and NML the biggest Batman crossovers, they also look very nice all collected next to each other :)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    Thanks! It'll be really great to see Bolland's art in that format!
    What made you decide against buying it?
    Just me being a cheap skate.

So, to the people who read the IC omnibus, which is the best 'section'? Villains United? OMAC Project? Sacrifice? Rann Thanagar war? Crisis of Conscience? Infinite Crisis itself?
    I'm on the last issue of Villains United, which has been pretty great. It all sort of comes together. OMAC was a little weak, Sacrifice was great, and I have no idea what the Rann Thanagar war is even supposed to be about. I'm assuming those are different species warring on an alien planet?
    And who's picking up the Batman and Robin Absolute in a couple weeks?

Formerly GarbageMan

So, to the people who read the IC omnibus, which is the best 'section'? Villains United? OMAC Project? Sacrifice? Rann Thanagar war? Crisis of Conscience? Infinite Crisis itself?
    I'm on the last issue of Villains United, which has been pretty great. It all sort of comes together. OMAC was a little weak, Sacrifice was great, and I have no idea what the Rann Thanagar war is even supposed to be about. I'm assuming those are different species warring on an alien planet?
    I thought OMAC was great. Have you finished the book yet? If you haven't, you'll see what R/T was all about. Also helps set up the GLC series

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I thought OMAC was great. Have you finished the book yet? If you haven't, you'll see what R/T was all about. Also helps set up the GLC series
    Hmmm, all this talk is really making me want to get it. It's just so much money for one book.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Hmmm, all this talk is really making me want to get it. It's just so much money for one book.

I got it half off. 75 bucks for 1400 pages? That's a great deal.

No, I'm about 1/3 of the way through. Right now I'm going one miniseries a day (Villains United, Sacrifice, etc.), so I'm going to down Lightning Strikes Twice and Days of Veangance tomorrow, RT the next day. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed OMAC, but it's my least favorite of all the arcs so far. It was pretty epic in the end, but I didn't enjoy the "Checkmate" stuff. It was a bit stuffy, and the constant chess allusions were annoying. I love chess, but an organization based around it's terminology is a dumb idea. Really looking forward to what comes next!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I got it for half off as well. I remember going through the whole "price per page" debate a while back, and it came out to like 4 cents a page, discounted. It's a really, really good deal, especially if you can get it from IST or CGN. The quality and quantity are high.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

It is a great deal and still available for that price. Maybe it'll be my next order.

No, I'm about 1/3 of the way through. Right now I'm going one miniseries a day (Villains United, Sacrifice, etc.), so I'm going to down Lightning Strikes Twice and Days of Veangance tomorrow, RT the next day. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed OMAC, but it's my least favorite of all the arcs so far. It was pretty epic in the end, but I didn't enjoy the "Checkmate" stuff. It was a bit stuffy, and the constant chess allusions were annoying. I love chess, but an organization based around it's terminology is a dumb idea. Really looking forward to what comes next!
    i'm a big fan of the OMAC project and was my favorite of all the tie-ins (followed closely by villains united). too bad you aren't enjoying the checkmate stuff, the checkmate series by greg rucka was fantastic.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

I thought about it, but ultimately I decided I wouldn't. I think the art from that series is sometimes amazing, sometimes horrible. In other words, it's too inconsistant for me to rebuy. And I only really loved a few of the issues. The rest of it was sort of meh for me. The SC versions will have to do for me.