Page 495 of 662 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 9919

Having only read the main IC event book and not all the tie-ins (the omni is on my "to read" list), I can't imagine reading it without having read CoIE first. All the protagonists (and importantly, their motivations) are carry overs from CoIE. Sure you could read it without CoIE, but you wouldn't get an awful lot out of it. It would be like reading The Two Towers without having read The Fellowship of the Ring imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    So I know this is kind of OT since this is the HC thread but I thought I'd share my TPB collection anyway.
    Arranged in DCU chronological order. Do you guys see any trade that doesn't seem in the right place?

Attachment 106600

Attachment 106601

Attachment 106602
    What is this tpb rubbish doing in the HC thread, get this ruffian out of here.

Jokes Nice collection.

Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    I am fairly new to DC comics, coming over from being a long-time Marvel fan. I have read and enjoyed Sandman, Watchmen, etc... but know very little about normal DC continuity.

Query: I really like the look of and reviews of the Infinite Crisis Omnibus. If I bought that will I get lost immediately? Should I read Crisis on Infinite Earths first?

Also, I've heard very good things about Kingdom Come. Is that new DC reader friendly? What other books would you guys recommend to a hardcover/omni/absolute collector that is just getting into DC?
    I started with Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One, New Frontier, Kingdom Come and Long Halloween when
    I got into comics. I hadn't read anything before and only had a very basic understanding of characters in that I knew Batman and Superman. That had zero bearing on enjoying all of them immensely, so you can try them out with no problems.

The Crisis books are all available oversized, and are all pretty epic events. Planetary, Gotham Central, Starman, Swamp Thing(Alan Moore) and Ex Machina are all personal favourites of mine and some of the best DC books.

Vertigo is supremely good, books like 100 Bullets, Sandman, Y the Last Man etc. Are available in oversized hardcover and easily read by new readers.

Somebody on ebay.de lucked out and got a new, shrinkwrapped copy of the IC Omni for 19.50€ (about $25). I already had it so didn't bid on it myself.

Is there any sort of harcover/omnibus collection of Batgirl comics with Stephanie Brown as Batgirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    Is there any sort of harcover/omnibus collection of Batgirl comics with Stephanie Brown as Batgirl?
    Who is this Stephanie Brown you talk of?

No. As it is, you are lucky that there are trades at all.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    No. As it is, you are lucky that there are trades at all.
    It's just that... well.. 230 USD for a TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Somebody on ebay.de lucked out and got a new, shrinkwrapped copy of the IC Omni for 19.50€ (about $25). I already had it so didn't bid on it myself.
    That is incredible. Why was it selling so cheap?

And does anybody know if my IC omnibus is falling apart? Pics and explanation on the last page.

I don't think it's falling apart... with sewn books the thread that keeps the signatures attached to the super/crash never reach the edge of the page, sometimes there is even an inch or so that is not attached with thread but just with glue. Just don't peel ;)

Call some comic shops in your neigbourhood/state to see if they still have a copy. I'm sure you don't have to pay 230 bucks for a Batgirl tpb. That's ridiculous! Check eBay also and you could create a wishlist on mycomicshop.com or something. You'll get an e-mail when it's back in stock. Works for people all the time, but you have to be patient.

I know. You might be better off trying to find the back issues.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    That is incredible. Why was it selling so cheap?

Guess it's because the seller didn't list it under "Comics" but "Fantasy and SF". Myself I got a shrinkwrapped copy of Palmiotti's The Monolith HC off him earlier today for 1€.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Guess it's because the seller didn't list it under "Comics" but "Fantasy and SF". Myself I got a shrinkwrapped copy of Palmiotti's The Monolith HC off him earlier today for 1€.
    Dang. Who is this seller? I want to score some cheap books too

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Dang. Who is this seller? I want to score some cheap books too
    Since LJ is listing the price in €, I'm assuming it's over in Europe, and shipping costs to USA would cancel out the cheap deals :)

Thank you for your replies re: introductions to the DC universe Deviates, TomSlick, ER Prest, Batman9 and LordJulius (think I got everyone :)

I have ordered Crisis on Infinite Earths, Identity Crisis, Kingdom Come, Justice, and the Infinite Crisis Omni to start me out. (I skipped Final Crisis this round because I heard that it is very obtuse and hard to understand) Im still considering the Flash omnibuses and Hawkman, but I have heard very bad things about their binding and make quality.
    Marvel cosmic needs Jim Starlin back. As long as he is prohibited from using the word 'myriad' ever again.

"Hold my Annihilus." - Johnny Storm, Captain of the Annihilation Wave Armada