Page 489 of 662 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539589 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 9919

haha, quoting you...maybe Action comics 1-38 then? Superman for the first few years of the regular title was at least 72 pages per book, so that would be huge...action were all 12 page stories, i think? i have the first 4 regular superman archives, so I'm just trying to make sure I don't completely get the same stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    I only have the IC omnibus, and it is pretty good in terms of binding. It's not Marvel quality, but perfectly readable. I haven't read it yet, but as far as production qualities go, I recommend the book. And for the Superman book, I thought it was like 1-38 of Superman or something, but don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tim_ View Post
    what are the quality of DC omnibuses like? I have a few Marvel ones and they are beautiful, well constructed and absolutely awesome to own...I'm asking because of the Golden Age Superman omnibus coming out in June. Also, anyone know what books are exactly going to show up in that? Amazon didn't have the listing of contents...

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-The-G...perman+omnibus
    Their binding has been getting better and better. I think by the time this comes out, it'll hopefully be up there with what Marvel puts out. If it's like the current binding, then it's good, but maybe a bit stiffer to open.

I have this pre-ordered but I'm having doubts. I just don't know if I'll like the material, because there's just not a lot of Golden Age material I enjoy.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by josh straightedge View Post
    It is nice to see people get hardcovers for X-mas. Makes me a bit jealous. My wife never buys me this stuff anymore. I didn't get a single book as a gift, other than when I went and bought New Teen Titans omnibus 2.

But, I did get a gift card and am thinking I might pull the trigger on Absolute Crisis On Infinite Earths. I think out of the ones that are readily available, this is the one I want the most.
    Does she think you have too many? My girlfriend does, but she asks for a list of books I want anyways.

CoIE seems to be going OOP, so I'd jumo on that

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Does she think you have too many? My girlfriend does, but she asks for a list of books I want anyways.

There is no such thing as too many books!

The curious one.

I got the Justice League Chronicles for Christmas and after reading the first story I find I really don't like Snapper Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    I got the Justice League Chronicles for Christmas and after reading the first story I find I really don't like Snapper Carr.
    It seems that modern writers don't like Snapper Carr either. About the only time in the last decade or so he's been in the spotlight at all as far as I know was Hourman. Which is a great book btw. I would love to see it reprinted one day.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Jerusalem View Post
    It seems that modern writers don't like Snapper Carr either. About the only time in the last decade or so he's been in the spotlight at all as far as I know was Hourman. Which is a great book btw. I would love to see it reprinted one day.
    He may be ok now in some titles and he may have been ok then at times, but his snapping fingers remind me too much of Etta Candy's "Woo-Woo" sound. I don't think I could stand more than five minutes of either.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

I don't know if she thinks that, but I think what bothers her more is that I don't really buy anything else but that and so I always have stuff coming in, which bothers her a lot. I always am buying stuff.

When I do my next order with DCBS, I'm going to order CoIE Absolute. I really need to get one.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

I don't know if she thinks that, but I think what bothers her more is that I don't really buy anything else but that and so I always have stuff coming in, which bothers her a lot. I always am buying stuff.

When I do my next order with DCBS, I'm going to order CoIE Absolute. I really need to get one.
    unless you two are low on money and have other priorities, I dont understand why your wife would be so bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff2005 View Post
    unless you two are low on money and have other priorities, I dont understand why your wife would be so bothered.

LOL, I take it you're not married?

My wife is the same way. Rolls her eyes when those big boxes arrive. Then starts hinting around about another pair of shoes.

Haha, I'm a teen (not married, obviously), but I can say that I received many eye-rolls and witty comments when I unboxed my Absolutes. "Why do you even need those?"

Hahah! But I just finished New Frontier! It was excellent! I lol'd so hard when he described the possible ending with Superman and Aquaman in the annotations. "It just looked, well... gay."

Formerly GarbageMan

My girlfriend gets mad too! Okay not mad, but slightly annoyed. Luckily in don't live with her yet ;) I picked up CoIE a few months back. Great looking book.planning on having Perez sign it at Baltimore comic con next fall, along with NTT omnis 1-3, UXM 1, JLA/Avengers...

Actually, I do have the heart. I took them off, and feel much better for it. Is it bad to take off the dustjackets? I assume they're only there for aesthetic reasons, because the books shouldn't get dusty with a slipcase. And besides, I feel like I'm messing up the dustjackets. When I open them, they make this great awful noise, that sounds like they were forced into a new position, or being stretched. In fact, I *think* my FC dustjacket is like an inch displaced on one side. I messed it up already. I have no idea why they do that, but both of them do. I don't want to throw them away, but I don't want them on

That being said, if not liking dustjackets on your "Absolute" books is a problem, it's a mighty good problem to have.
    I always take the dust jackets off when I read my books.

I only have the IC omnibus, and it is pretty good in terms of binding. It's not Marvel quality, but perfectly readable. I haven't read it yet, but as far as production qualities go, I recommend the book. And for the Superman book, I thought it was like 1-38 of Superman or something, but don't quote me on that.
    I haven't even opened my Infinite Crisis Omnibus yet, but that's what I've heard too.

What Marvel omnibus did you compare it to? I was under the impression that you didn't have any Marvel books.

Also, congrats on your Absolutes and Omnibus presents! They're so addictive and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    I always take the dust jackets off when I read my books.

I haven't even opened my Infinite Crisis Omnibus yet, but that's what I've heard too.

What Marvel omnibus did you compare it to? I was under the impression that you didn't have any Marvel books.

Also, congrats on your Absolutes and Omnibus presents! They're so addictive and fun.
    I've seen many videos of Marvel and DC omnibuses. One guy on youtube has a "series", if you can call it that, where he compares the omnibuses of the big two. It's pretty interesting, because lately DC has been upping their game, making Marvel sweat. But yeah, Marvel omnibuses look great. Sort of like Absolutes but much bigger in terms of page count and a bit smaller in dimensions.

But thanks, they are quite addictive. They just look so nice, and actually perfectly readable. How do you read yours? I just lay them down on a bed and read laying down. Quite easy. I'd imagine that holding them is a bit uncomfortable though.

Formerly GarbageMan

I've seen many videos of Marvel and DC omnibuses. One guy on youtube has a "series", if you can call it that, where he compares the omnibuses of the big two. It's pretty interesting, because lately DC has been upping their game, making Marvel sweat. But yeah, Marvel omnibuses look great. Sort of like Absolutes but much bigger in terms of page count and a bit smaller in dimensions.

But thanks, they are quite addictive. They just look so nice, and actually perfectly readable. How do you read yours? I just lay them down on a bed and read laying down. Quite easy. I'd imagine that holding them is a bit uncomfortable though.
    I hold them as I sit on my bed or chair, or in my lap, omnibus or absolute alike. For the biiiiig books like Invisibles, i laid it down on a pillow in my lap.