Page 482 of 662 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    Not in the UK, or at least in Forbidden Planet, IC is actually cheaper.
    IC is 70, 52 is 80, The Invisibles though is 100.
    Dunno how shipping charges work out from amazon.de to UK, but there 52 omnibus is €82.95 approx 68 GBP. http://www.amazon.de/52-Omnibus-Geof...6089561&sr=8-1

Apparently miracles do happen. My books from BD (52 omni and Scene of the Crime) that were shipped out 4-5 weeks ago finally both showed up today. I had already been given a refund, so that's 100 euro of free books :D
    Last edited by MartinNL; 12-21-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Apparently miracles do happen. My books from BD (52 omni and Scene of the Crime) that were shipped out 4-5 weeks ago finally both showed up today. I had already been given a refund, so that's 100 euro of free books :D
    Must be a nice christmas to you!

You are so lucky

Wow! haha. Well that's a wonderful surprise! Wish I had your luck :)

I think you mean stolen, not free.

Quote Originally Posted by Concept Coop View Post
    I think you mean free, not stolen. They refunded him, and decided to give it to him anyway, apparently.

If I say pay me $25 for my signed Batman #1 , but them I feel in a giving mood and say nevermind just take it, I HIGHLY doubt that's called stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    If I say pay me $25 for my signed Batman #1 , but them I feel in a giving mood and say nevermind just take it, I HIGHLY doubt that's called stealing.
    You really think this company was in a giving mood? Or is it more likely our friend got free books due to a glitch or error in the process?

If I pay you $25 for Batman #1, but don't receive it when I expect, so you give me a refund, I'll be refusing delivery of the book, or giving you your money back when it comes later.
    Last edited by Concept Coop; 12-21-2012 at 02:11 PM.

You really think this company was in a giving mood? Or is it more likely our friend got free books due to a glitch or error in the process?

If I pay you $25 for Batman #1, but don't receive it when I expect, so you give me a refund, I'll be refusing delivery of the book, or giving you your money back, when it shows up in my mailbox later.You really think this company was in a giving mood? Or is it more likely our friend got free books due to a glitch or error in the process?

If I pay you $25 for Batman #1, but don't receive it when I expect, so you give me a refund, I'll be refusing delivery of the book, or giving you your money back when it comes later.
    Either way it's not theft

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Exactly, to add on. It's not like he scammed them. Gave them a false credit card. He didn't go to the amazon warehouse and steal it! He says it had been shipped 5 weeks ago. IDK the Amazon policy,but it must be they thought it got lost in the mail system, so they gave him a refund. They were willing to risk the fact that he could get it. He didn't steal the money back and he didn't steal the books.

Did he try to send them back though?
    Not that I'm calling him a thief, nice for him.
    BB

Regardless, the right thing to do is to either refuse the books when the shipment arrived... or call up the store and re-submit the payment. He knew full well that the books didn't belong to him, because he asked for a refund and received the refund. If it doesn't belong to you, and you keep it.. then you're taking someone else's property.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Exactly, to add on. It's not like he scammed them. Gave them a false credit card. He didn't go to the amazon warehouse and steal it! He says it had been shipped 5 weeks ago. IDK the Amazon policy,but it must be they thought it got lost in the mail system, so they gave him a refund. They were willing to risk the fact that he could get it. He didn't steal the money back and he didn't steal the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Based on technicality. He is still taking advantage of somebody else's misfortune, in the form of goods he didn't pay for.

If you watch someone drop a $20, let them walk away, then pick it up - technically you didn't steal. But it's still dishonest.

Yeah it does sound a bit fraudulent, but I asked them last week to ask Royal Mail to find out where the books are since it had been 25 days, and RM only would start an investigation when 25 days would have passed. Since it was two books lost BD said it was too much of a hassle and gave me refund. But I think I'll email them tomorrow to make sure it's all good.