Page 477 of 662 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527577 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 9919

Have received my first absolute today. All Star Superman

My god what a beautiful book

I have never read it before, after reading the first 4 chapters I can safely say this is going to be my most prized book.

Story and art are just immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post

I have never read it before, after reading the first 4 chapters I can safely say this is going to be my most prized book.

It is indeed fantastic. And good to hear you like both the book and the story. It was a blind buy for me too and was also my first Absolute edition. Be aware now that you'll want to get a lot more. I've got 23 now with another 3 on the way in January (with the BN get the third book free deal) when the Batman & Robin Absolute is released. Can't wait to see more absolute sized Quitely art.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    It is indeed fantastic. And good to hear you like both the book and the story. It was a blind buy for me too and was also my first Absolute edition. Be aware now that you'll want to get a lot more. I've got 23 now with another 3 on the way in January (with the BN get the third book free deal) when the Batman & Robin Absolute is released. Can't wait to see more absolute sized Quitely art.
    All Star Superman is high on my priority list.

I just got New Frontier in the mail and, while I haven't read it yet, it certainly looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    All Star Superman is high on my priority list.

I just got New Frontier in the mail and, while I haven't read it yet, it certainly looks great.
    Oh yeah Cooke's a genius... who cares about the story anyway when he's doing the art But the story is good too. Check out his Parker Martini Edition also. Beyond beautiful! and packed with extra's that are actually interesting.

That Parker Martini Edition is a prize to behold. I checked it out at the LCS. That's basically an Absolute, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post

Wait until you see Absolute New Frontier or Crisis on Infinite Earths, you will pee your pants in awe.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall835 View Post
    Wait until you see Absolute New Frontier or Crisis on Infinite Earths, you will pee your pants in awe.
    Yep. I just wet myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    That Parker Martini Edition is a prize to behold. I checked it out at the LCS. That's basically an Absolute, right?
    It's actually bigger than the Absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Totally dude. I peordered absolute batman and robin. I have read the content before and love it so a re-read with the absolute format will be awesome.

I'm also contemplating getting sandman vol 1. This would be another blind buy but I hear wonderful things about the series.

I think Absolutes are becoming my main thing to collect. I currently have 5 of them either on the way or pre-ordered. There's 3 I don't have(Danger Girl, LOEG 1 and Authority 1) that will be the hard ones to get, if I did want to get them all. I think right now I have about a dozen or so of them.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

I can't afford Absolutes and frankly, there isn't any comic currently in Absolute format that I want to buy that way (maybe Blackest Night, but I already have the trades, so why double dip?).

I put this picture up in the Marvel omnibus thread and thought I'd share it with you fine folks! This is the north wall of my comic book room. I had originally bought all these shelves very, very cheap in the attempt to keep all my single issues on them and not in boxes. Like I had stated in that thread, I think that short and long boxes are so ugly. This room is full of shelves with various trades and toys and such. Not the perfect set-up by any means, but with just buying a house, I'm hoping these hold up for quite a few years.

Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by josh straightedge View Post
    I think Absolutes are becoming my main thing to collect. I currently have 5 of them either on the way or pre-ordered. There's 3 I don't have(Danger Girl, LOEG 1 and Authority 1) that will be the hard ones to get, if I did want to get them all. I think right now I have about a dozen or so of them.
    I have about 32 absolute-type books...it's sad

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I can't afford Absolutes and frankly, there isn't any comic currently in Absolute format that I want to buy that way (maybe Blackest Night, but I already have the trades, so why double dip?).
    You say that now, then you'll buy one....and it'll all be down hill from there

Heck I haven't even got any Absolutes or omnibuses(technically, I've seen them in my parent's room), but still I look at my collection and think about all the other things I could have bought with the money I've spent on comics. And then I come to my senses and realize it was worth it!

@joshstraightedge, that's a great collection. Two things: Does it bother you that the spines of the Absolute Planetary's don't match up? And what is to the left of Absolute Dark Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Heck I haven't even got any Absolutes or omnibuses(technically, I've seen them in my parent's room), but still I look at my collection and think about all the other things I could have bought with the money I've spent on comics. And then I come to my senses and realize it was worth it!

@joshstraightedge, that's a great collection. Two things: Does it bother you that the spines of the Absolute Planetary's don't match up? And what is to the left of Absolute Dark Knight?
    It looks like Absolute Authority 2.