Page 468 of 662 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 9919

Does anyone know if the Sandman Omnibus is going to eventually include the new Sandman project and if it is the recoloring?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Hahaha, nice analogy! Although, now that DK is back on my wish list, because of how much DKR is impressing me, it somewhat concerns me. Is Absolute Dark Knight a low quality Absolute in comparison to the others?

It's my third read through of DKR, so according to IGN, I'll be a true comic fan with 2 more reads!
    compared to 1 marvel book i cant really say but i just opened up my kingdom come and ill compare it for you with an update. so far Slipcase wise the quality feels better on my absolute DK than kingdom come.

both DK and Kingdom come are the same in terms of quality.

I think what throwing me off is that deadpool is just a much smaller book. I think if it were the same size they would feel the same when open.
    Last edited by geoff2005; 12-11-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Question for the Absolute experts here: I assume Absolute editions are typically sewn bindings. Does anyone know if they are Smythe-sewn (good) or oversewn (less good)? Is there much gutter loss? I'm asking specifically about Absolute Dark Knight, but I'm guessing all of the books are pretty much the same. My LCBS has some Absolutes, but they are wrapped up and I can't open them to check.

One other thing: are they cloth-covered, or does DC cheap out and use paper?
    They're all sewn(no idea which version of sewn) and open fine with no gutter loss, and have proper covers on them. I don't know if this applies to the really early ones(Authority 1 & 2, Danger Girl, LOEG 1) as I haven't read them but I've read/owned everything else except Promethea and they were all exactly what you expect from an Absolute construction wise.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Does anyone know if the Sandman Omnibus is going to eventually include the new Sandman project and if it is the recoloring?
    Since the Absolutes, all trades have used the new coloring.

There is no way to tell if the newest project will be included.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

I really don't know....Buy the Absolute Batman And Robin:Batman Reborn(it will be my first Absolut ever!!!) or w8 till they put Morrison's run in omnibuses??I do have the deluxe edition of Batman and Son vs Black Glove but i can't find the deluxes of Batman and Robin at amazon,bookdepository or my local comic book shops.What do you think guys?

Thank you for your time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GarthEnnisFun View Post
    I really don't know....Buy the Absolute Batman And Robin:Batman Reborn(it will be my first Absolut ever!!!) or w8 till they put Morrison's run in omnibuses??I do have the deluxe edition of Batman and Son vs Black Glove but i can't find the deluxes of Batman and Robin at amazon,bookdepository or my local comic book shops.What do you think guys?

I'd get the Absolute. You could be waiting for a long, long time. Plus, it's a stand alone story that really deserves the treatment. The art, writing, and length are perfect for and Absolute. Only the Batman must Die Deluxe is still in print, which is why it's so hard to find. Try Ebay, you can get each for around 20 bucks

The first 2 deluxe are still fairly easy to find (try abebooks, eBay, amazon marketplace, etc), and everything else (rip, return, inc vol 1) are still readily available in deluxe. I personally prefer a series of deluxe books for a run this size, so that's what I decided on several months ago when they announced the absolute. Of all the artists, I only like frank quitely and frazer Irving too. Nothing wrong with the other guys, I enjoy their work, but just not enough to justify buying an absolute book where I'm not a huge fan for half the art. Actually I take that back a bit, I like Cameron Stewart too lol.

But yeah, who knows what they'll do in the future, they COULD do more absolutes. But I'm happy with my deluxe hardcovers (plus time and the batman).

There is something nice about having all of Morrison's Batman in one format. I'm sure you will be able to track down the Batman & Robin books on eBay.

This is the first absolute in some time I am NOT going to purchase. I don't care for these non-standalone Absolutes (this and the newly announced Batman/Superman); they kind of go against the mission statement of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Absolute Dark Knight:

Binding: not qualified to tell the difference, but definitely sewn.

Gutter Loss: Minimal to None.

Covering: High gloss/UV paper and dust jacket. The only Absolute with cloth covering that I'm aware of is Death, but the spine has the same faux leather covering as the Sandman volumes (which are fully faux leather covered, not half-and-half). Non-Sandman Absolutes generally are paper covered; some are glossy, some are matte. Some have dust jackets, some do not. The Authority and Planetary volumes have a faux leather covering and dust jackets.
    Interesting, thanks. If there's no gutter loss, my guess is Smythe-sewing, where they sew groups of pages to the binding. Oversewing is when they drill holes about 3/16" in from the left edge and sew through those. Very sturdy, but in thicker books you lose some of the page.

Too bad about the glossy paper cover.

By the way, I know all this binding stuff because I'm getting a bunch of trades and single issues bound and I had to choose the binding type, cover material and so forth. Unfortunately, my local binder doesn't do Smythe-sewing and I'd like to get my Morrison Batman and Robins all bound into one volume using that binding method, so I'll have to send them away somewhere I guess. Houchen Bindery deals with comics and has good prices, anyone here have any dealings with them?

Here's their price list: http://www.houchenbindery.com/Houche...s%207-2012.pdf
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    I'd get the Absolute. You could be waiting for a long, long time. Plus, it's a stand alone story that really deserves the treatment. The art, writing, and length are perfect for and Absolute. Only the Batman must Die Deluxe is still in print, which is why it's so hard to find. Try Ebay, you can get each for around 20 bucks

Wait what?

It has multiple artists, its one part of a much larger story and it's already available in oversized format. Not Absolute traits(SCW major exception).

Have you read an Absolute edition before? Because the only reason it's being made is because it says Morrison on the book. It in no way "deserves" to be an Absolute. It'd be like making Absolute Sandman v3, without 1-2 and 4-5.

Deluxe/Omnibus absolutely.
    Last edited by NZ_InFerno; 12-12-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1981 View Post
    There is something nice about having all of Morrison's Batman in one format. I'm sure you will be able to track down the Batman & Robin books on eBay.

This is the first absolute in some time I am NOT going to purchase. I don't care for these non-standalone Absolutes (this and the newly announced Batman/Superman); they kind of go against the mission statement of the line.
    I find it kind of fitting to have the Black Glove be in Deluxe and, eventually, Batman Inc Vol 2 in Deluxe. It's like they are the bookends. I find that THAT is quite fitting. Just my opinion.

And it just feels weird that they are printing Batman and Robin Absolute without the RIP storyline and without Time And The Batman and ROBW. You just don't get the full story it was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I am toying with getting the Absolute Sandman Vol 1. I have zero exposure to the series. Should I get it. It sounds interesting. Can you all tell me why or why not I should get it.
    Absolutely forget about the absolute . Sandman is either you love it or hate it type of comic. So blind buy is not a wise idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    I find it kind of fitting to have the Black Glove be in Deluxe and, eventually, Batman Inc Vol 2 in Deluxe. It's like they are the bookends. I find that THAT is quite fitting. Just my opinion.

And it just feels weird that they are printing Batman and Robin Absolute without the RIP storyline and without Time And The Batman and ROBW. You just don't get the full story it was meant to be.
    so weird, not singling you out or anything but last month everyone on here was saying they understand why B&R gets absolute with those few issues. everybody was saying that it wasnt missing anything. They were also saying the ones that were missing sucked anyways

so is this book worth it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by geoff2005 View Post
    so weird, not singling you out or anything but last month everyone on here was saying they understand why B&R gets absolute with those few issues. everybody was saying that it wasnt missing anything. They were also saying the ones that were missing sucked anyways

so is this book worth it or not?
    It functions as the second act of Morrison's batman story.

As much as I love absolutes, this one doesn't make sense to me (beyond have the name 'Morrison' on it)

Default Is the Absolute program dead?

This question has been asked, and DC has answered resoundingly: YEP.

August 2013 Solicitation: Absolute Superman/Batman (Vol 1, no less) -- in other words, vol 1 of ????
    Why would they make a series that was so inconsistent into a series of Absolutes? I guess, having milked Alan Moore dry with Top 10 in April, they have nothing better to print.

Oh wait... there are dozens of stories that have better writing and artwork. Instead of Superman/Batman, how about a "Grant Morrison's Batman Vol 1-?? (I'm thinking 3, maybe 4)
    Anyhow, 2013 is looking like the year I get caught up with what I've missed buying, 'cause it's shaping up to be a lackluster year for Absolutes....