Page 464 of 662 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 9919
    Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Jlls View Post
    Read Spaceman Deluxe last night, have to say I'm still on the fence about it....
    Art is superb, but the story didn't really do it for me.
    I thought it was an interesting concept. Wasn't clear on everything, but I was happy with the price I paid

I like how Dystopian Futures always reflect on current society someway, the way people chatter, the fact web series becomes the number 1 hot shot in the world and whatnot we're very interesting and clever.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum_Valentino View Post
    Hello all. I've read 52 before and am planning on picking up the Omnibus this week, but I've not read Infinite Crisis. Does it lead into 52, and if not directly, what material would fill that gap?
    Nope, 52 happens literally the day after(maybe even 12 hours or less) IC finished. And it's good :)

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    The more I think of it, the more I like it. To anybody here -what were your thoughts on the series? Superman/Batman, I mean.
    The fist 24/5/6 issues that Loeb wrote were fun, wacky, crazy, but just that, fun. The Supergirl arc with Mike Turner on art was the highlight of the series, and returned Kara Zor-el to the DCU. After Loeb left, it was a series of one off story arcs by a rotating team of writers and artists

I'd consider getting it in omnibus, because a lot of those one offs were pretty great. The loeb issues don't warrant an absolute imo.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    I'd consider getting it in omnibus, because a lot of those one offs were pretty great. The loeb issues don't warrant an absolute imo.
    It really is an odd choice. Loeb isn't exactly at the height of his career at the moment, and McGuinness doesn't have any popular demand, and since Turner passed away, there hasn't been a spike in his demand as far as I know.

Oh well, at least we're getting some great books coming up :)

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Speaking of all these new hardcovers, does anyone have some scans of the new Year One Batman edition? We're the recolorings as bad as they say?
    I don't have any scans and I don't think you'll see a big difference if any of us was to put them up here. I think you can only really see the difference if you compare the deluxe and the tpb in a comic shop. If you have the tpb already there's no need really to upgrade, since the art looks a little blown up/scanned in, in the deluxe when compared to the tpb. Matte paper finish looks and feels a lot nicer for this book. However if you don't have anything to compare you might as well get the deluxe, since it's OHC :)

Ok ok ok ok, you had me at Cooke.
    Me too. Will definitely get that book.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Yes, but this is DC. More omnibuses = more money.
    Hmmm you make it sound as if DC has been ripping us for a long time, which I don't think is true. They're giving us excellent value for money imo.

Read Spaceman Deluxe last night, have to say I'm still on the fence about it....
    Art is superb, but the story didn't really do it for me.
    Is one of my favourite stories this year. It really benefits from multiple readings though, so pick it up soon again. Also read the Spaceman thread in the Vertigo forum. Especially towards the end some peeps are discussing what went on in the book, or at least how they perceived it. Some happenings in the book could have multiple interpretations, especially the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Woah. Right frame of mind or not, but comparing it to Michael Bay isn't gonna sell anyone on this book.
    Certainly not me. Any slight interest I might've had in this book is now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum_Valentino View Post
    Hello all. I've read 52 before and am planning on picking up the Omnibus this week, but I've not read Infinite Crisis. Does it lead into 52, and if not directly, what material would fill that gap?
    Yep Infinite Crisis leads straight into 52. The Infinite Crisis Omnibus would fill the gap and it's a great great book!!

After yesterday's announcement I think I'll go with the following books:

• Fables Deluxe vol. 7
    • Animal Man Omnibus
    • Before Watchmen Deluxe 1-4
    • Absolute Blackest Night
    • Solo Deluxe
    • Stormwatch vol. 2
    • Batman Noir (if it's in b&w AND colour)
    • NTT 3 Omnibus
    • The Authority vol. 1

And I might get the GA Superman Omnibus, though I'm not sure if I like 'the old stuff'. Will probably check a few issues on comixology or get the first Superman Chronicles tpb to help me decide.

Perhaps also a few New 52 hardcovers if my budget allows when I've filled my spreadsheet with Image, Dark Horse, European stuff and other publishers' releases.

I don't know if any Europeans here buy from archonia.com, but they have quite some discounted DC titles up, that are pretty good deals. Such as:

100 Bullets vol. 1 HC €27.83
    Absolute Planetary vol. 2 €41.74
    Flash: Dastardly Death of the Rogues HC €11.13
    JLA Deluxe vol. 3 HC for €16.70
    Hawkman Omnibus €41.71
    New Teen Titans: Games HC €13.91
    Seven Soldiers of Victory vol. 1/2 HC €22.26 each
    Starman Omnibus vol. 4/5/6 HC €27.83 each
    Xombi TP €8.35 (This is something everyone that loves comics, especially DC Dark titles, has to read!!)

http://www.archonia.com/comicshop/en...ons_dc_comics/

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I don't know if any Europeans here buy from archonia.com, but they have quite some discounted DC titles up, that are pretty good deals. Such as:

100 Bullets vol. 1 HC €27.83
    Absolute Planetary vol. 2 €41.74
    Flash: Dastardly Death of the Rogues HC €11.13
    JLA Deluxe vol. 3 HC for €16.70
    Hawkman Omnibus €41.71
    New Teen Titans: Games HC €13.91
    Seven Soldiers of Victory vol. 1/2 HC €22.26 each
    Starman Omnibus vol. 4/5/6 HC €27.83 each
    Xombi TP €8.35 (This is something everyone that loves comics, especially DC Dark titles, has to read!!)

http://www.archonia.com/comicshop/en...ons_dc_comics/
    Yeah, Archonia has finally had some interesting deals this year. There's also Image, IDW, Dark Horse and Marvel books in their sales, although I didn't find anything interesting and the deals are all in all not that great (at least compared to CC).

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Yeah, Archonia has finally had some interesting deals this year. There's also Image, IDW, Dark Horse and Marvel books in their sales, although I didn't find anything interesting and the deals are all in all not that great (at least compared to CC).
    True for the Dutch, Germs and Belgians, but CC deals for other europeans aren't that great when you have to factor in the postage costs. Not sure how that works with archonia though.

For other publishers I saw Invincible vol. 4 HC and Rust vol. 1 as highlights (didn't check Marvel though).

Quote Originally Posted by okaylathen View Post
    God, it's beautiful, buying it right now.
    It's really amazing, buy it!

I keep checking amazon.co.uk hoping they have listed the Animal Man Omnibus, I want to see if their recent trend of pricing things really low continues.

noob question but where do you go to see these announcements for new books coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoZombie View Post
    noob question but where do you go to see these announcements for new books coming out?
    I see them right here. Let them do all he legwork :)