Page 455 of 662 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505555 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    They help, but comics are still expensive
    They effectively cut your price in half, or a little less than half, but still 50 -75 bucks for a comic book is a lot. Anyways, better than nothing.

I've been re-reading some Miller Batman. Year One, excellent. DKR, a little less so. God, that comic is wordy! Not that it's a bad thing, but damn! Anyways, right before the "famed" "I see a reflection", one panel is black and white, with yellow text boxes. What is up with that? Nowhere else does that happen.
    And another thing about DKR: The splash pages are really, really good. Great art. But the regular pages are so cramped, and kind of ugly (all of his faces are hideous). Not going to get this in Absolute.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Try not having those two lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlls View Post
    You mean like how the rest of the world does it? ;)
    Oh, I know how expensive it is, and I'm thankful I'm able to take advantage of these discounts! I've paid cover or close to cover for a number of books. It certainly would not deter me from buying them if I didn't have the discounts to take, but it would slow my collection down, a lot

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/1...ns-march-2013/

Collected editions solicits! Some highlights...

-Re-solicited Absolute Blackest Night, INCLUDING the Green Lantern issues
    -The Authority in HC (doesn't look like it's oversized)
    -Deluxe Hardcover collecting some Eduardo Risso Batman stories, including the Flashpoint Batman mini

I'll definitely be picking up the Risso book! And happy for all the people who hope to get the Absolute Blackest Night, it really wouldn't have been complete without those GL issues.
    Oversized Hardcover Videos!
    Latest uploads - The Planetary Omnibus, Invisibles Deluxe, Before Watchmen: Nite/Owl Dr Manhattan, Wasteland Apocalyptic Edition

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post

-Deluxe Hardcover collecting some Eduardo Risso Batman stories, including the Flashpoint Batman mini

I'll definitely be picking up the Risso book! And happy for all the people who hope to get the Absolute Blackest Night, it really wouldn't have been complete without those GL issues.
    Authority isn't really a surprise, considering Stormwatch was recently collected. Odd list 1-12 and list Millar, as we wrote after that

Also odd that the NTT3 was resolicited, but the issues contained look the same

Sigh, you can always count on DC for screwing up solicits
    Last edited by ER Prest; 12-07-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Why are they putting it under Risso's name? Azzarello was just as important creator and would think his name would sell more.
    BB

YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!

*Sees Price*

Aw crap.

Anyhow, that Frankenstein trade is quite a steal! For 17 bucks, you get 11 issues! Most of my trades I have that have that many issues in it are 22 bucks or higher!

Let's see here, I'm getting Batman Inc. (I normally get the softcovers as of the new 52, but since I have most of Morrison's run in hardcover form, I'll make an exception), Frankenstein, Swamp Thing, Dial H, maybe Batman Year 100 and Birds of Prey.

Hey! The Swamp Thing annual shouldn't be in this volume since, while it it is a flashback, it is happening during the Rotworld!

Great news!

[url]

Now we're talking! DC seems to have listened. Wish Marvel would do more of that. $125 is a lot, but it's almost 600 pages now (yes, I know Sandman has an even higher page count and costs less). And were the BN #0, Untold Tales #1 and DC Universe #0 included in the HCs?

I wish though, that they would reprint Absolute Authority. Got Vol. 2 only.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 12-07-2012 at 12:46 PM.

I personally don't understand why DC has chosen to make a Risso deluxe edition, yet Secret Identity and Year 100 are still in TPB form.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

Also odd that the NTT# was resolicited, but the issues contained look the same
    Dunno quite how this works, but it says "Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled." Does that affect customers, us, as well? I pre-ordered it as part of the 3 for 2 deal at B&N. Hope this won't be cancelled now.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 12-07-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Great news!

Now we're talking! DC seems to have listened. Wish Marvel would do more of that. $125 is a lot, but it's almost 600 pages now (yes, I know Sandman has an even higher page count and costs less). And were the BN #0, Untold Tales #1 and DC Universe #0 included in the HCs?

I wish though, that they would reprint Absolute Authority. Got Vol. 2 only.
    I think 125 is the most an Absolute has been. I don't like the sign....

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    I personally don't understand why DC has chosen to make a Risso deluxe edition, yet Secret Identity and Year 100 are still in TPB form.
    Yea, same with Authority. I wish they would pump out more deluxe ohc

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Dunno quite how this works, but it says "Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled." Does that affect customers, us, as well? I pre-ordered it as part of the 3 for 2 deal at B&N. Hope this won't be cancelled now.
    Hmm, not sure. That is weird that they cancelled them

Warren Ellis & Bryan Hitch Authority finally collected in Hardcover! Gah, i would have loved a reprint of the Absolute, alongside Millar's run. The Authority is one of the biggest gems of modern comics, something so great that the comics still can't dare or stumble to move forward as we still need to have comics about the Joker escaping Arkham over and over again, don't forget heroes fightning each other. :b

Morrison's Action Comics saga will be split into 3 hardcovers, disappointing since i loved the size and quantity of the 1st hardcover, ah well just gonna wait for the inevitable Absolute.

Batman Incorporated volume 2 is going to be split into 2 hardcovers, me like! Still this is gonna get a nice Absolute/Omni down the line, but then you can just give away Morrison stuff as gifts. It's like charity.

Absolute Blackest Night becomes worthy of it's name as the "necessary" tie-ins are collected, good!

BATMAN NOIR: EDUARDO RISSO
    DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art and cover by EDUARDO RISSO
    On sale MAY 29 • 224 pg, B&W, 7.0625" x 10.875", $24.99
    • BATMAN NOIR: EDUARDO RISSO spotlights the art of 100 BULLETS illustrator Eduardo Risso, which casts the Dark Knight in deep shadow on every page. Written by his frequent collaborator Brian Azzarello, this title includes tales from a variety of Batman projects, including "Broken City," a profound examination of the Dark Knight Detective and the grim metropolis that he protects. While hunting the murderer of a small boy's parents, Batman is caught up in his own investigation and ruminations, only to fall prey to a deadly new pair of killers who have been stalking him.
    • Collecting BATMAN #620-625, the Batman serial from WEDNESDAY COMICS #1-12, FLASHPOINT: BATMAN-KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE #1-3 and a story from BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #8.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/1...#ixzz2EP7S4Tfc
    Awww, hell yeah! This is going to be awesome. I'm still waiting to read 100 Bullets, i keep craving those Deluxe editions, but curse that rumored/promised Absolute editions. ;__;
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Cool. Thanks for posting! Just a quick recap of all the hardcovers:

• AQUAMAN VOL. 2: THE OTHERS HC
    • BATMAN, INCORPORATED VOL. 1: DEMON STAR HC
    • SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS VOL. 2 - BULLETPROOF HC
    • ABSOLUTE BLACKEST NIGHT HC
    • THE AUTHORITY VOL. 1 HC
    • BATMAN NOIR: EDUARDO RISSO DELUXE EDITION HC
    • THE NEW TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC
    • TALES OF BATMAN: ARCHIE GOODWIN HC

Really glad to see they resolicited that Absolute Blackest Night. I wasn't going to get if before, but I am now. Smart move I'd say. Shame about the price increase, but at least now it's a book worth getting. We get a lot more content for that 25$ extra.

Batman Noir Deluxe I'm interested in also. Already have Broken City in tpb and the Flashpoint mini in floppies, but boy was that an excellent mini that very much deserves to be oversized!

Aquaman and Action hardcovers are also cool. Not sure why they would only include the issues solicited in the AC volume though. What are they going to include in the 3rd volume? Just 5 issues to round out Morrison's run?

Rally pissed off with that Batman Inc book! Why not wait till the whole run is over and release one Deluxe, like the whole of Morrison's run?! Definitely NOT getting it this way.

Like LordJulius I also just have the vol. 2 Absolute Authority, so glad I didn't get the tpb's for Ellis' run.

I really need that announcement for HY2 collected editions.

So conflicted! Let's go good, bad, then ugly
    Well, the Eduardo Risso Batman books is going to be amazing. I will get that. So that is good.

Absolute Blackest Night is where my conflicted feelings generally lay. On one hand, I'm glad DC is making the book 200 pages longer, with the necessary tie ins. But the price point makes no sense to me. I feel that they are going to make all Absolutes from here on out 125 or more. That's just not cool, and like someone mentioned, Sandman Absolutes were longer and cheaper. This makes me apprehensive of what is to come.

And here is what I'm raging about: The Inc. collection. First of all, it should be 1-12 of vol 2 all in one Deluxe. So not only are they splitting it up, they are giving us a regular sized HC that doesn't go with the rest of Morrison's run at all. Aside from the presentation factor, I want me some Burnham Deluxe! Not cool DC, not cool. I'll buy it, but with rage!

I'm not sure if these solicits make me happy or angry.

EDIT: And given the praise that Authority gets, I'll probably pick up that HC too.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    So conflicted! Let's go good, bad, then ugly
    Well, the Eduardo Risso Batman books is going to be amazing. I will get that. So that is good.

Absolute Blackest Night is where my conflicted feelings generally lay. On one hand, I'm glad DC is making the book 200 pages longer, with the necessary tie ins. But the price point makes no sense to me. I feel that they are going to make all Absolutes from here on out 125 or more. That's just not cool, and like someone mentioned, Sandman Absolutes were longer and cheaper. This makes me apprehensive of what is to come.

And here is what I'm raging about: The Inc. collection. First of all, it should be 1-12 of vol 2 all in one Deluxe. So not only are they splitting it up, they are giving us a regular sized HC that doesn't go with the rest of Morrison's run at all. Aside from the presentation factor, I want me some Burnham Deluxe! Not cool DC, not cool. I'll buy it, but with rage!

I'm not sure if these solicits make me happy or angry.

EDIT: And given the praise that Authority gets, I'll probably pick up that HC too.
    Hahaha, funny. (bolded part)

I am interested in BATMAN NOIR: EDUARDO RISSO DELUXE EDITION HC, even though I have the Batman issues and the Wednesday Comics in crazy-big HC, because I've heard great things about the Flashpoint issues. Then again, maybe there'll be some complete Flashpoint oversized HC someday. Does anyone have any comments on the Flashpoint story or any of the other tie-ins?

I would be interested in getting the Authority HC if it was oversized, but it probably will be standard-sized like the first (and only?) Stormwatch HC. I have these books in TPB, and wouldn't want to upgrade unless it's oversized.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

Really pissed off with that Batman Inc book! Why not wait till the whole run is over and release one Deluxe, like the whole of Morrison's run?! Definitely NOT getting it this way.
    this angers me as well. i really hope this comes out as a deluxe. blarg.
    SPACE FOR RENT!