Page 432 of 662 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482532 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 9919

Yeah I got mine about a week ago, also no white box, just in one of their own cardboard packaging. It was fine though lol, a corner of the slipcase is SLIGHTLY crinkled, but I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I stopped reading the singles with 12 and switching to hardcovers. It's a great book and especially when you like the father/son dynamic you'll love the first hardcover. Gleason is really good yeah. I've not read a whole lot of books he's doing the arts, but did finish Absolute Sinestro Corps War last weekend and this might be blasphemous, but I think I liked his work even better than Reis'
    Yeah, got about halfway through last night and it is indeed awesome. The story is even better in this format. A great graphic novel is like watching an awesome tv show on Netflix or DVD. You can just go through episode after episode, no commercials, and it feels like one big movie or something. I was so into it that I had to stop myself from reading the entire book last night in one sitting.

Personally, if you put a gun to my head and forced me to chose, I'd probably pick Gleason too.

Finally received my Absolute Final Crisis from bookdep today. Took about 3 weeks!! I always applaud their packaging for big/bulky books, I mean you should have seen that packing for Invisibles Omnibus, which was nuke proof! But this time they decided to take the book out of DC's protective white box and then send it. That's asking for trouble so some corners of the slipcase, the dust jacket and the spine are now damaged. Really annoying. Ugh... Let's see what they do with my complaint.

EDIT
    Well reply came in 20 minutes. I'll get a 40% refund or a replacement. I'll go with the refund and use that to get another book :)
    Yeah those idiots took mine out of the white box too. I mean what the hell were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Yeah those idiots took mine out of the white box too. I mean what the hell were they thinking?
    "Damn, if only I didn't throw away my white box, then I wouldn't have to take it from some poor kid."

Any word on the 52 Omnibus? Does it include the Word War III mini and the genius at DC left it out of the solicitations?
    "Inventing a job is better than finding one"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Any word on the 52 Omnibus? Does it include the Word War III mini and the genius at DC left it out of the solicitations?
    Apparently not included:
    http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=261772

Also if you take the page count of 1216 (see above) and divide it by 52, it's close to 24 (pages per issue). Doesn't seem like there's much room for extras left.

Ouch. Thought I'd pick up the 52 omnibus from cgn at 50% off. I figured their shipping would be higher than amazon but the additional discount would bring them to about the same and cgn's packaging would mean a damage free book. Man was I wrong. $100 shipping to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Ouch. Thought I'd pick up the 52 omnibus from cgn at 50% off. I figured their shipping would be higher than amazon but the additional discount would bring them to about the same and cgn's packaging would mean a damage free book. Man was I wrong. $100 shipping to Australia.
    You can almost fly there and pick it up yourself for that money...

Is 52 $75.00 dollars good?

I stopped reading the singles with 12 and switching to hardcovers. It's a great book and especially when you like the father/son dynamic you'll love the first hardcover. Gleason is really good yeah. I've not read a whole lot of books he's doing the arts, but did finish Absolute Sinestro Corps War last weekend and this might be blasphemous, but I think I liked his work even better than Reis'
    I love Gleason too, spent far too much on some original art of his from BN:GLC. I miss him from GLC :(

In other news, forgot 52 Omnibus was on its way... Haven't started Infinite Crisis Omnibus yet!
    Last edited by Deviates; 11-23-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

FYI Barnes and noble has 30% off extra coupon on single item.

you can get Absolute green latern for $38 shipped with Cali tax

also you can use that for AVX which is 50% off right now

I also thought I'd get a sweet deal on the 52 omnibus but cgn's shipping cost is huuuge for Croatia...so I settled with Absolute GL:SCW from Amazon.
    <3 BMX <3 DC comics <3

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMarvel Dude View Post
    Apparently not included:
    http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=261772

Also if you take the page count of 1216 (see above) and divide it by 52, it's close to 24 (pages per issue). Doesn't seem like there's much room for extras left.
    That's exactly what I meant. This wouldn't be the first time DC has solicited an Omnibus with less pages than it ended up having. Infinite Crisis was solicited with 1152 pages and ended up having over 1400!

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Ouch. Thought I'd pick up the 52 omnibus from CGN at 50% off. I figured their shipping would be higher than amazon but the additional discount would bring them to about the same and cgn's packaging would mean a damage free book. Man was I wrong. $100 shipping to Australia.
    Their system is a piece of crap! If you actually email them they'll tell you they'll gladly refund your money for the extra shipping charges. They use USPS flat rate boxes for International deliveries that cost $65 to any place in the world (except for Canada and Mexico). In those boxes, as much as two huge Omnis fit easily.

Thing is, the guys that handle customer service aren't very patient at all and sometimes they just tell you something won't fit in the box when it actually does. For example, DCBS sent me in a Large Flate rate the following books: The Walking Dead Compendium 2, Invincible Compendium, 100 Bullets Book 03 and the Action Comics HC by Morrison. According to CGN, only ONE of the Compendiums would fit, along the 100 Bullets book...I tried to tell them that didn't sound right, but they just wouldn't listen. In the end, DCBS proved me right and I ordered from them.

Then again, sometimes they've been pretty cool. They listened to me and packed the books I wanted (Amazing Spider-Man by Micheline Omnibus, Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus and the first Preacher HC) in just one box.
    "Inventing a job is better than finding one"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Their system is a piece of crap! If you actually email them they'll tell you they'll gladly refund your money for the extra shipping charges. They use USPS flat rate boxes for International deliveries that cost $65 to any place in the world (except for Canada and Mexico). In those boxes, as much as two huge Omnis fit easily.
    I tried to email them. The problem is their contact us form require you to put in your mailing address and the postcode field on the form is broken and won't let me send the email.

Ordered the Spaceman HC and New Teen Titans omnibus 2. Love me some black friday.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!