Page 428 of 662 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 9919

Heads up CGN Black friday has started 50% off absolutes and omnibus

I hope IST does the same sale because 1. I dont want to pay for shipping 2. I dont want to pay tax either lol

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    My opinion is that the binding and paper quality of absolutes is miles ahead of the best omnibus's marvel has put out. Pity DC's omni's binding doesn't match marvels. But DC's omni's seem to be using better paper than the recent marvel omni's and DC puts thought into the reading order of issues which marvel doesn't.
    Thanks to both of you! Looking forward to picking these up!

Argh, sucks living in Canada when it comes to this stuff, all the best deals come out of these American stores and with shipping I dont really save anything buying from CGN even with the great discount :(.
    Last edited by AKrok; 11-21-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Any particular reason why the IC omnibus and Watchmen Absolute aren't 50% off on CGN?

30% off one item at barnes and noble. bn.com code: T9P3E3W
    Thanks to GoneWandering over at Fatwallet

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Ordering my first absolute tomorrow! So the general consensus is that New Frontier is the second best Absolute after Watchmen (Christmas!), no? And there are no prerequisites for New Frontier?
    New Frontier was literally one of the first DC books I read (if not the first). I got a bit confused a bit with some of the more obscure teams that show up towards the end of the book, but it was extremely minute detail. So I can attest, it's perfectly readable for a newcomer. It's also one of the cheapest absolutes yet has one of the highest page counts.

What about the 1,000,000?
    JLA #1,000,000 is pretty much DC One Million #2.5. It doesn't read well without the accompanying four-issue mini, so they might as well skip it.

Also, why? Are the ones not included in the Deluxe HC bad?
    Issues #18-21 and #27 are actually great fill-in stories by Waid and Millar. They just weren't included in the HC because they weren't written by Morrison, which was a huge mistake in my opinion, but I think the biggest mistake was not including DC One Million #1-4 in volume 3, even though Morrison wrote it and the JLA figures heavily in it.
    Last edited by Starro; 11-21-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krelly View Post
    New Frontier was literally one of the first DC books I read (if not the first). I got a bit confused a bit with some of the more obscure teams that show up towards the end of the book, but it was extremely minute detail. So I can attest, it's perfectly readable for a newcomer. It's also one of the cheapest absolutes yet has one of the highest page counts.
    I'm not a newcomer But thanks for the reply. Do you, by chance, know what teams that did show up? Or is that a spoiler? If not, I'll read up on them if I don't already know about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    JLA #1,000,000 is pretty much DC One Million #2.5. It doesn't read well without the accompanying four-issue mini, so they might as well skip it.

Issues #18-21 and #27 are actually great fill-in stories by Waid and Millar. They just weren't included in the HC because they weren't written by Morrison, which was a huge mistake in my opinion, but I think the biggest mistake was not including DC One Million #1-4 in volume 3, even though Morrison wrote it and the JLA figures heavily in it.
    Gotcha. So hopefully they just do the fill in issues.

I'm not a newcomer But thanks for the reply. Do you, by chance, know what teams that did show up? Or is that a spoiler? If not, I'll read up on them if I don't already know about them.
    It's not a spoiler.

Pretty much every Silver Age character & team shows up in NF.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by krelly View Post
    I think the confusion is only a problem if you make it one. The issue with any story based in a world with existing stories it that you could always know more about the characters, but when you actually look at what you're presented with there's absolutely no need.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

the losers, justice society of america, task force x, challengers of the unknown, blackhawks... don't bother reading up on them first! you're getting the absolute yeah? read the introduction, dig into the book, then dive into the annotations at the back

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    the losers, justice society of america, task force x, challengers of the unknown, blackhawks... don't bother reading up on them first! you're getting the absolute yeah? read the introduction, dig into the book, then dive into the annotations at the back
    Yeah, I'm getting it! I can't wait. It shouldn't be a problem then, about the confusion. Just curious, does CGN tax? Stupid question, but I loaded it up and went to the check out screen and there is nothing about tax.

Yeah, I'm getting it! I can't wait. It shouldn't be a problem then, about the confusion. Just curious, does CGN tax? Stupid question, but I loaded it up and went to the check out screen and there is nothing about tax.
    Yeah the book is great!! Finished a few weeks ago for the first time. I really want to read it again now that I went through some Crisis books and know more characters. See what I missed the first time I read it. So many other books I need to read first...

If any western europeans collect archive editions then a lot of them are only 15.00 at cheap-comics.com, like Batman, Dark Knight, Wonder Woman, Justice League etc., just check out http://www.cheap-comics.com/advanced...ves+hc&x=0&y=0

Formerly GarbageMan

CGN is based in Cali, residents in Cali have to pay tax