Page 425 of 662 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 9919
  1. #6361
    Senior Member MartinNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlls View Post
    I do have a problem though, I counted 22 absolutes and 11 absolute sized books
    I don't understand why the US economy is on it's ass, seriously, with all the spending going on in the hardcover threads alone

  2. #6362
    Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    798

    Default

    I just pr ordered absolute batman and Robin Reborn. It will be my first oversized DC book.

    Is there any word on the contents, others than the issues contained ?

    I hope it's as well made as the Marvel Omnibus's.

  3. #6363
    Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    798

    Default

    I just pr ordered absolute batman and Robin Reborn. It will be my first oversized DC book.

    Is there any word on the contents, others than the issues contained ?

    I hope it's as well made as the Marvel Omnibus's.

  4. #6364
    Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Sorry for double post. Problem with my phone signal. Perhaps a mod could delete it

  5. #6365
    Formerly GarbageMan
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I just pr ordered absolute batman and Robin Reborn. It will be my first oversized DC book.

    Is there any word on the contents, others than the issues contained ?

    I hope it's as well made as the Marvel Omnibus's.
    Absolutes, in my experience, are the best made books out of any company.

  6. #6366
    Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Absolutes, in my experience, are the best made books out of any company.
    Do you mind telling me why? I'm looking forward to receiving it

  7. #6367
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Do you mind telling me why? I'm looking forward to receiving it
    Awesome paper stock, better color reproduction than the TPBs, bigger in size than a Marvel OHC so the artwork becomes much more dynamic, and the crafting of the outer box and hardcover designs are just fabulous. They really seem like they're made by fans of the work. Check out Absolute New Froniter and Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

  8. #6368
    Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squall835 View Post
    Awesome paper stock, better color reproduction than the TPBs, bigger in size than a Marvel OHC so the artwork becomes much more dynamic, and the crafting of the outer box and hardcover designs are just fabulous. They really seem like they're made by fans of the work. Check out Absolute New Froniter and Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths to get an idea of what I'm talking about.
    Thanks for the info dude. I'll check out those you mention.

    Although I have heard they have awful bindings. Lots of gutter loss. Is this correct. Are they sewn or glued. ?

  9. #6369
    Senior Member NZ_InFerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Thanks for the info dude. I'll check out those you mention.

    Although I have heard they have awful bindings. Lots of gutter loss. Is this correct. Are they sewn or glued. ?
    No that's incorrect, all Absolutes are sewn with no gutter loss.

  10. #6370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Absolutes, in my experience, are the best made books out of any company.
    Ask me yesterday and i would have agreed, however i just received 'Daredevil: Born Again (Artist Edition)'....my god.

  11. #6371
    Formerly GarbageMan
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    Ask me yesterday and i would have agreed, however i just received 'Daredevil: Born Again (Artist Edition)'....my god.
    Aww who counts AE books anyway :) but this is true....

  12. #6372
    Senior Member Batman9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Yeah, but the market for AE's makes the market for Absolutes look like the market for trades.
    Basically, AE's are rare and incredibly expensive.

    Hey, what are some good New God's books besides the Jack Kirby ones?

  13. #6373
    Formerly GarbageMan
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Yeah, but the market for AE's makes the market for Absolutes look like the market for trades.
    Basically, AE's are rare and incredibly expensive.

    Hey, what are some good New God's books besides the Jack Kirby ones?
    They're no more expensive than Omnibuses and Absolutes, except when they go oop. I picked up the DD one for 60 bucks I think. I hope the Mad AE sells well so DC opens up their banks to IDW for more stuff

  14. #6374
    Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    No that's incorrect, all Absolutes are sewn with no gutter loss.
    Thanks dude can't wait to get it.

  15. #6375
    Richards!!! josh straightedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Doom is wherever he wants to be
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    With this talk of books being damaged in transit, im interested in just how much condition of the books means to you fellow collectors?
    Most of my hardcovers arrive from DCBS from pre-orders. With that said, I expect them to look brand-F#@$ing-new and DCBS/IST never let me down.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •