Page 422 of 662 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 9919

So I finally got round to reading some of my Green Lantern hardcovers that I have been collecting for the past months. I was waiting for the SCW absolute and now that I have it I started reading the books that came before. Pretty good so far (No Fear/Revenge of the GL's/Wanted: Hal Jordan) and with the best (supposedly) still to come, I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the GL books that I have lined up on my shelf. First up now Absolute SCW :)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    So I finally got round to reading some of my Green Lantern hardcovers that I have been collecting for the past months. I was waiting for the SCW absolute and now that I have it I started reading the books that came before. Pretty good so far (No Fear/Revenge of the GL's/Wanted: Hal Jordan) and with the best (supposedly) still to come, I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the GL books that I have lined up on my shelf. First up now Absolute SCW :)
    I'm assuming you'd read Rebirth beforehand? The series starts well and SCW is probably the finest point of the series, but having said that there are some excellent stories that follow. Some people don't rate Blackest Night, but the prelude titles are excellent.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    I'm assuming you'd read Rebirth beforehand? The series starts well and SCW is probably the finest point of the series, but having said that there are some excellent stories that follow. Some people don't rate Blackest Night, but the prelude titles are excellent.
    Yeah I got Absolute Rebirth (for cheap) and read it beforehand and also loved the New 52 GL stuff (though I was a little lost sometimes), so decided to get all the other books... just didn't get round to reading them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yeah I got Absolute Rebirth (for cheap) and read it beforehand and also loved the New 52 GL stuff (though I was a little lost sometimes), so decided to get all the other books... just didn't get round to reading them yet.
    It's a fun ride, I'd highly recommend the GLC books too. Especially following the SCW as it all ties in much more during and after that story.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

CGN is going to have a 50% off Black Friday sale on DC Omnis and Absolutes from Wednesday to Friday:

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/bl...iday-sale.html

I hate you guys.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 11-18-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Insockoftrades.com is having a trade sale. Each DC, Marvel and their imprints are off 45%. Even absolutes, omnibuses and etc. From November till the end of December.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    I really dug Gregg Hurwitz's Penguin mini, but his Dark Knight is frankly generic and I dunno, just a bit flat for me. It's readable for sure, but passable too. I dunno, I think I've just satiated myself with batman over the years lol, so Dark Knight still doesn't do anything for me after writer change. I really like the new Detective though, but I'm a fan of Chew, so I'm used to Layman's style, also surprised that he's got Damian's voice perfect. Speaking of the little brat, Batman and Robin doesn't interest me at all, Morrison's run is too hard to follow though haha.

Manhattan Projects is probably a good read in trades anyway, I just meant its one of those books where the creators made sure it can be enjoyed on a monthly level too. It's so dense. It's one of the monthly books I read that I always go back to before the next issue is out. So much to absorb. You might need some science and ww2 knowledge to be able to appreciate some of the references etc but yeah, solid, wildly imaginative book. Grab the trade and give it a go!

If you want a good justice league story and haven't read the new frontier yet, do yourself a favor and get the absolute already. No need to thank us lol

And I hope you're getting Saga. It's only 7 issues in but it's already shaping up to be one of the greatest runs. EVER.
    I know what you mean about Dark Knight. It's very generic.
    Although, about Damian's voice, I thought he got it all wrong, based on the previews. Very wrong.
    Thanks to the news about CGN's sale, I might be sucked into getting the New Frontier absolute. You know what, I am. I'll order it on Wednesday!

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    CGN is going to have a 50% off Black Friday sale on DC Omnis and Absolutes from Wednesday to Friday:

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/bl...iday-sale.html

I hate you guys.
    Hey, LJ, just buy the books you want and ship them to my house :) Next time you're in the states you can pick them up, you know, after I've read them :p

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Hey, LJ, just buy the books you want and ship them to my house :) Next time you're in the states you can pick them up, you know, after I've read them :p

Seriously though, I can't understand why CGN and ToW ask for $40+ for shipping a DC Archive-sized book to Europe.

Mycomicshop.com and especially Mile High do it for much, much less. The thousands of euros I've spent on comics the last few years would've mostly gone to CGN and ToW if they'd charge the same.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

Seriously though, I can't understand why CGN and ToW ask for $40+ for shipping a DC Archive-sized book to Europe.

Mycomicshop.com and especially Mile High do it for much, much less. The thousands of euros I've spent on comics the last few years would've mostly gone to CGN and ToW if they'd charge the same.
    What do IST and TFAW charge?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    What do IST and TFAW charge?
    TFAW charge less than CGN and ToW, but they don't have the same great discounts usually.

IST does not ship outside the US at all - which is strange since it's sister site DCBS does (but they again do not have the same discounts).

Would be cool to get a list of international shipping charges for these sites (a rough estimate), I can never see on their sites how much it costs.
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    Would be cool to get a list of international shipping charges for these sites (a rough estimate), I can never see on their sites how much it costs.
    I think some of them only tell you during checkout, or you even have to email them for a quote.

CGN and ToW only have estimates, based on the size of MMWs/Archives. (But even for one of those it's already $50 to Europe at CGN. So you can imagine that buying an Omnibus or an Absolute through them would only be worth it for us if they gave those books away.)

BANNED

Was there ever a OHC collection for the Planetary stories not collected in the Absolute editions? I'm referring to the crossovers with JLA, Authority and Batman

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLight View Post
    Was there ever a OHC collection for the Planetary stories not collected in the Absolute editions? I'm referring to the crossovers with JLA, Authority and Batman
    There was a deluxe Planetary/Batman last year, but nothing for the others.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon