Page 416 of 662 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by BornInTheRun View Post
    I ve finally decided to use that bn 3for2 offer. is it really possible that they will wait till next april to ship the comics, although only 1 book is on preorder and the others are already available ?
    I had to check since there were some collectors receiving theirs.I also preordered Absolute Batman and Robin,both won't ship till Jan.

Call customer service asap.This can't be the first time they heard of this.And the driver sends info when they were delivered.So no real time has elapsed.

My Barnes and Noble order was sent in two different shipments with no extra charge. I got Absolute Sandman Vol. 5 about a week after I put in my order, but then they shipped Invisibles with the Final Crisis when the latter was released last week.
    Picture Maker // website // tumblr

Just finished Justice League Origin. I think they gave John's a 200 character limit per issue, because there is a double splash page 10 times an issue! Dang! Lot's of out of character moments, Hal Jordan was extremely unlikeable. The only character that was likable was Flash, maybe Wonder Woman. It suffered from Night of the Owls syndrome, 6 issues happening in the span of several hours. Jim Lee was fantastic as always, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book. Not literary excellence, not Watchmen, but good. I'll be picking up vol 2 for sure, as I've heard that it is an improvement.
    Now on to Morrisons JLA, does anybody have any idea what I should do with the B&N situation? The corners are obliterated.

Sarcasm about the 10x an issue, but overall there was probably 2 double splash pages and 1-2 single splash pages per issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    That's probably my postings, Absolute Kingdom Come is amazing btw but the art presentation is noticeably grainier than the trade in my first print. Though I have better than 20/20 vision so results may vary :p. Was disappointed initially when I got my copy but now that I own a lot more books there are worse printing errors/problems you can get than what it is. Besides it would be pretty hard to tidy up Ross's brush strokes I would imagine.

Also if no one read the Dark Horse solicits Fear Agent Library v2 is releasing in April :D
    Yeah, I think I read yours, plus some on Amazon and other places. I guess if most people are good with it, I'm good. Thanks.

Postman brought me Absolute Final Crisis today! He's so thoughtful. This is so beautiful. Now I have a grand total of... TWO Absolutes. :)

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Good to know. Thank you. :)
    I'd message their customer service to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Just finished Justice League Origin. I think they gave John's a 200 character limit per issue, because there is a double splash page 10 times an issue! Dang! Lot's of out of character moments, Hal Jordan was extremely unlikeable. The only character that was likable was Flash, maybe Wonder Woman. It suffered from Night of the Owls syndrome, 6 issues happening in the span of several hours. Jim Lee was fantastic as always, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book. Not literary excellence, not Watchmen, but good. I'll be picking up vol 2 for sure, as I've heard that it is an improvement.
    Now on to Morrisons JLA, does anybody have any idea what I should do with the B&N situation? The corners are obliterated.

Sarcasm about the 10x an issue, but overall there was probably 2 double splash pages and 1-2 single splash pages per issue.
    I read it a few weeks ago, one of the few new 52 books that survived the water damage because it was on my house... That one and Batwoman "irony" Hydrology!
    I didn't hate the JLO as much as most people seem to have, but I did have some problems with it, mainly the whole ending seeming too rushed. Wait until you read Batwoman, then you'll see what double splash pages are all about!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    Wait until you read Batwoman, then you'll see what double splash pages are all about!
    Yeah but with artwork like that who's complaining. They can't Absolute Batwoman fast enough in my opinion. Skip the hc's and tpb's and send it straight to the Absolute department.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Yeah but with artwork like that who's complaining. They can't Absolute Batwoman fast enough in my opinion. Skip the hc's and tpb's and send it straight to the Absolute department.
    Absolute, widescreen edition. Just make it big. Soon.

While we're talking about B&N, do they match the price of a preorder for you if it gets lower by the time it's shipping as Amazon does, or are you stuck with the price it had at the time of your preorder? I'm considering preordering their NTT by Geoff Johns Omni, but the current 19% discount isn't that enticing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    They should. They won't match after it ships, that's for sure
    Good to know. Thank you. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'd message their customer service to make sure
    Oh, so you're not sure about it? Sure, I can message them, but in the meantime, does anyone else know for sure? Did anyone ever preorder from them and had their price lowered afterwards?

Oh, so you're not sure about it? Sure, I can message them, but in the meantime, does anyone else know for sure? Did anyone ever preorder from them and had their price lowered afterwards?
    I haven't seen price changes reflected in preorders from B&N, I had to remake the order to get the lower price and cancel the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post

Yeah, it is what it is. JLO was a nice straightforward invasion plot. Definitely seemed rushed, and certainly there were no great plot moments, but like you said, the art was top notch. I did like some of the banter between the characters. I didn't know what I thought about WW pretty much getting off on fighting. My disappointment with the series comes after JLO. It's been pretty boring and bland after that. Jim's art is amazing, one of my all time favorites, but great art alone isn't enough for me to keep interested in a series. I'm hoping the Snyder/Lee pairing on the new Superman title will yield better results for Lee. I will say though, Lee probably draws WW better than anyone.

not definitive proof either, but i emailed them about one of my orders and I got a message that said "Please be advised we are adjusting the price of your order. You will
    see the adjustment on your final email once your order ships."

My item hasn't shipped yet, so I don't know for sure if they will actually do it. My order status on the website does not show the adjustment (yet?)

Thank you both, NZI and cowsclaw.