Page 414 of 662 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 9919
    Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    Well considering they've already given me the refund I'll happily keep a copy with the error for free!
    Oh I would too.

I actually saw on ebay the other day, en error copy sold for about 30 bucks, with the index page cut out!

Well considering they've already given me the refund I'll happily keep a copy with the error for free!
    Same here. Bookdep gave me a full refund when I mentioned the pages were out of order, no questions asked

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Same here. Bookdep gave me a full refund when I mentioned the pages were out of order, no questions asked
    And the beauty is, as long as you know the pages that are out of order (or have read it before) it doesn't really matter. Plus if it does bother you, you can just wait for a nice cheap copy to show up. That's what I'll probably do, depending on what's on my pull list at that time.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

So no surprises in the February '13 solicitations. All titles were announced before, like:
    • Marshal Law Deluxe Edition;
    • New Teen Titans Omnibus vol. 3 (with the 'missing' #38 issue); and
    • 100 Bullets Book 4.

Will probably get all of them, but not sure yet about that Marshal Law book. Why should I get that? Can anyone sell it to me?

Not a hardcover but also good to see Gotham by Gaslight getting a new reprint. It was on my wish list...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    So no surprises in the February '13 solicitations. All titles were announced before, like:
    • Marshal Law Deluxe Edition;
    • New Teen Titans Omnibus vol. 3 (with the 'missing' #38 issue); and
    • 100 Bullets Book 4.

Will probably get all of them, but not sure yet about that Marshal Law book. Why should I get that? Can anyone sell it to me?

Not a hardcover but also good to see Gotham by Gaslight getting a new reprint. It was on my wish list...
    I randomly picked up Gotham by Gaslight for 2 at a comic convention in London earlier this year. Still not read it yet, only recently on this forum have I heard people mention it. Might have to dig it out.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

I randomly picked up Gotham by Gaslight for 2 at a comic convention in London earlier this year. Still not read it yet, only recently on this forum have I heard people mention it. Might have to dig it out.
    Bought it when it originally came out, but didn't really enjoy it. While the art is great, I generally do not like stories whose premise is "Look, there was a [insert name of superhero] already way back in [insert year]." It always feels kind of forced to me. (I have a similar problem with Return of Bruce Wayne.)
    Last edited by LordJulius; 11-12-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Bought it when it originally came out, but didn't really enjoy it. While the art is great, I generally do not like stories whose premise is "Look, there was a [insert name of superhero] already way back in [insert year]." (I have a similar problem with Return of Bruce Wayne.)
    What, with the Jonah Hex part? Or the fact that Bruce was a hero throughout multiple millenniums?
    And for the record, I enjoyed it. It's the weakest part of his run, but that's like saying that one particular slice of a chocolate cake is the worst

Bought it when it originally came out, but didn't really enjoy it. While the art is great, I generally do not like stories whose premise is "Look, there was a [insert name of superhero] already way back in [insert year]." (I have a similar problem with Return of Bruce Wayne.)
    It was Mignola which made me pick it up, so for 2 I'm happy having it for the art. Storywise, I'll have to let you know what I think. I don't mind the premise too much, but it didn't strike me as a must read. More one of those quirky books I often pick up, forget about and come back to a year or two later. There's plenty of those knocking around. I think I picked up a Green Lantern take on Aladdin at the same time.
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    What, with the Jonah Hex part? Or the fact that Bruce was a hero throughout multiple millenniums?
    And for the record, I enjoyed it. It's the weakest part of his run, but that's like saying that one particular slice of a chocolate cake is the worst
    Read most of it in floppies back when it came out and wasn't impressed. The whole "Batman-was-here" malarkey was too much over the top for my taste. Plus the fact that he kept meeting his own ancestors all the time. Seriously? What a coincidence!

Read most of it in floppies back when it came out and wasn't impressed. The whole "Batman-was-here" malarkey was too much over the top for my taste. Plus the fact that he kept meeting his own ancestors all the time. Seriously? What a coincidence!
    I thought it was supposed to be like that. I dunno.

Needs more shelf space Kewbamboo's Avatar

Wasn't 52 omnibus supposed to come out this Wednesday? Looks like it is coming out next week now. I very well could have been wrong to begin with...

I keep reading things periodically about Absolute Kingdom Come not being that great. Specifically the art looks grainy and sort of washed out. That would be a shame, since it's one of the best stories. Those that have it, are you guys satisfied with it? Is it actually that noticeable?

Just got my absolute kingdom come from book depository. Ah what a beauty. Not sure where to put the 4d glasses though, wish it came in a pouch like absolute promethea.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    Just got my absolute kingdom come from book depository. Ah what a beauty. Not sure where to put the 4d glasses though, wish it came in a pouch like absolute promethea.
    Wait, what?

None of my absolute Prometheas came with anything....
    Last edited by ER Prest; 11-12-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewbamboo View Post
    Wasn't 52 omnibus supposed to come out this Wednesday? Looks like it is coming out next week now. I very well could have been wrong to begin with...
    i thought so too, looks like it is next week instead