Page 410 of 662 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 9919

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I could never get into Lemire's art at all, but I saw some of the pages from the short he did in the DC Halloween special this year and it surprised me, kinda reminded me a Steve Dillons art. Dunno if my tastes are changing or his art is changing, but I may have to check out some of his other work now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlls View Post
    One more vote for Lemire being awesome. Check out his Animal man too
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    I loved Underwater Welder too, not read Essex County yet but intend to pick it up soon. I agree, he has an incredible ability to get you emotionally invested in characters very, very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    You definitely should. I think it is even a tad better than Underwater Welder.
    Lemire is fantastic, for all the reasons you guys mention. I find his works quite melancholic. He deals with big subjects like love and loss, which makes his stories relatable and immediately makes you care for his characters.

Also give Lost Dogs a try, which is one of Lemire's first comics. It's a tiny book from TopShelf, but comes at a tiny price also. And has anyone read his "The Nobody" from Vertigo?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Also give Lost Dogs a try, which is one of Lemire's first comics. It's a tiny book from TopShelf, but comes at a tiny price also. And has anyone read his "The Nobody" from Vertigo?
    Yep. And while both books are not his finest work, they are still far superior to many other books being published right now. I mean it's a bit like saying a Rolls Royce is a bad car because there's a Bugatti.

I hope you like when you read it again. It's the highlight of the book imo. World War 3 is also very good though, but nothing beats Morrison/Quitely.
    I had no idea until reading this thread that Earth 2 was even in JLA Deluxe 4, so it's that I have all the Morrison JLA stuff in HC. Still have the Earth 2 HC also.

*edit*

DCBS doesn't list Earth-2 as being part of it, so I had to check a couple other places, plus what this thread just stated, so that I could be sure.
    Last edited by josh straightedge; 11-10-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

i was just going to suggest this with all the lemire talk, but you beat me to it. a short, powerful story
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Lemire is fantastic, for all the reasons you guys mention. I find his works quite melancholic. He deals with big subjects like love and loss, which makes his stories relatable and immediately makes you care for his characters.
    I think very few writers (especially ones who write for the big 2) are able to make you care like Lemire does.

Also give Lost Dogs a try, which is one of Lemire's first comics. It's a tiny book from TopShelf, but comes at a tiny price also.
    I think I recommended that book to lordJ a while back too, very gripping story. Still very 'raw', but it has the Lemire feeling.

Just finished the first 300+ pages of the IC omnibus. I had pretty high expectations, but it was even better than expected. Most of those pages were written by Rucka, so that shouldn't have come as a surprise. Next up Villains United. I've never read any Gail Simone (apart from the first couple of Batgirl new 52 issues which I didn't really like) so curious to see what she came up with, with this story.

Just finished the first 300+ pages of the IC omnibus. I had pretty high expectations, but it was even better than expected. Most of those pages were written by Rucka, so that shouldn't have come as a surprise. Next up Villains United. I've never read any Gail Simone (apart from the first couple of Batgirl new 52 issues which I didn't really like) so curious to see what she came up with, with this story.
    I'm pumped. Keep updating!
    I can't remember if I've asked, but has anybody else who ordered B&N get a delivery through SmartMail? I don't understand why they change shippers each time, but what's the deal with Smartmail? Do they ship quickly and on Saturdays? I ordered some JLA books on Monday, and nothing has arrived.

Villains united is a lot of fun. If you dig that youd enjoy her suicide squad run too.

I also didnt care for her batgirl, dropped it after three issues.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Villains United is great. I forgot how much I liked all the IC minis.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    You definitely should. I think it is even a tad better than Underwater Welder.
    Sold! It's on the list.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

BANNED

Anyone know if the Tales of the DC Universby by Alan Moore HC is oversized http://www.talesofwonder.com/product...+Alan+Moore+HC

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalLight View Post
    Anyone know if the Tales of the DC Universby by Alan Moore HC is oversized http://www.talesofwonder.com/product...+Alan+Moore+HC
    I've seen it at the LCS, and I think it's a no. Regular sized. Someone else, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    I've seen it at the LCS, and I think it's a no. Regular sized. Someone else, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
    I second this, I don't own the book but I do think it's regular sized from what I remember seeing at the LCS.

Received final book from Barnes and Noble yesterday, must have got lost on the way as it took another week and a half compared to the other orders. Box was absolutely destroyed too, after I took the book out and folded the box for recycling it fell apart in my hands. Corners were almost gone all round. Luckily the book made it in one piece, with only a dinged corner and some light dustjacket damage, it's annoying but not returnable stuff.

Glad I got all my books in mostly excellent condition. Would be pretty hesitant to order from B&N unless they had a similiar deal on as their packaging has been substandard each time but somehow the books have survived with little damage.

Edit: More than half way through 52, it's been enjoyable but not really spectacular. Giffen must have been a machine to do every page so far, even if it's just the breakdowns. Lobo stuff is interesting, is he a pisstake of wolverine? Seems somewhat similiar to that dire wraith rider from the marvel cosmic stuff too.

Im really reading it for the Question/Montoya story I've found, the other storylines are not really as interesting though they have got better as they intertwine further as the story progresses.
    Last edited by NZ_InFerno; 11-11-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Received final book from Barnes and Noble yesterday, must have got lost on the way as it took another week and a half compared to the other orders. Box was absolutely destroyed too, after I took the book out and folded the box for recycling it fell apart in my hands. Corners were almost gone all round. Luckily the book made it in one piece, with only a dinged corner and some light dustjacket damage, it's annoying but not returnable stuff.

Glad I got all my books in mostly excellent condition. Would be pretty hesitant to order from B&N unless they had a similiar deal on as their packaging has been substandard each time but somehow the books have survived with little damage.

Edit: More than half way through 52, it's been enjoyable but not really spectacular. Giffen must have been a machine to do every page so far, even if it's just the breakdowns. Lobo stuff is interesting, is he a pisstake of wolverine? Seems somewhat similiar to that dire wraith rider from the marvel cosmic stuff too.

Im really reading it for the Question/Montoya story I've found, the other storylines are not really as interesting though they have got better as they intertwine further as the story progresses.
    I had a similar experience in that two Absolutes arrived in mint condition, while the outer corner on the Absolute Sandman vol 1 case had a small ding in it. It didn't actually come in the white absolute box as they usually do which was frustrating.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams