Page 395 of 662 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 9919

Wow that whole Marvel vs DC binding msrp and retail price discussion reads like it is a pissing contest :D

Just got a message that BD shipped the Spaceman Deluxe book. Pretty curious to see what type of paper they used for the book. The singles are on this 'newspaper' style paper which works perfect for this story. Hopefully it won't be too glossy. We'll see soon.

aw man, each time I go to IST I die a little... My collection would be so much bigger if only they shipped internationally...
    *siiigh*

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Not everyone can get books on release week from CGN and IST for 50% off. Also theres a nov-dec sale on IST so those aren't the usual prices. Generally speaking, most marvel omnis are $60-80. Exception? The stand omni, which isnt even in stock at amazon from what im seeing so I'll have to take your word for it. While DC omnis are $100+ like the 52, new 52 1#s and IC. But exception? Invisibles omni. That's what im seeing from amazon. There you go. In most cases DC omnis are more priced that marvel ones, and that while having tighter, hard to lay down bindings and covers which will probably have a lower shelf life (and are more damage-prone) than marvel's faux-leather/leather ones, regardless of whether YOU see them under your precious dustjacket or not.

Haha. Really?

And no one's ripping on DC. I love DC but their omnis are definitely inferior to marvel ones. You know that is the truth. But they are improving, that's true too. If you feel to bad that people are calling out your favorite company for their flaws in collecting material, deal with it. As Captain Planet said, if you're satisfied with inferior products, that doesn't mean others are. Stop telling them to be. I'm done trying to prove a point which has been proven countless times.
    Do you not understand that the Infinite Crisis omnibus is 75 dollars on IST?!? It has been out for months, and it's 75 dollars. Marvel has, generally, more expensive omnibuses (DC only has 4 $150 books out), with a less of a discount. Get that through your head. Yes, Marvel has better binding, but it also has less content.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I see where you're coming from but personally, I've never been thought it was okay for an expensive prestige product to be good enough. If I'm laying down that much money on a comic, it better be over sized, big and have a binding worth the price tag.

You can't really say it shouldn't be ripped on when its a premiere format with a sub-par to "good enough" binding. For many collectors, including me, that's a big part of the package.

But some people only care about the story being in one place or the binding doesn't matter at all and that's totally valid.
    I get what you're saying, and I agree to an extent. But I could care less what the cover looks like etc etc on an omnibus since the main purpose, at least to me, is to collect massive amounts of comic under one book. Binding hasn't really been an issue to me, yes, I'd prefer it to be sewn for ease of opening, but it's never stopped me from buying one with glued binding, because they haven't been that bad. There was one instance when I was reading NTT1 that the glued binding made it uneasy to read, but overall it was fine. I hold my books open when they read, so it doesn't matter to me if the first page stays open by itself or not. If this were a discussion about Absolutes, where their main function is presentation and such, then yes I'd completely agree. But an omnibus that collects high hundreds to thousands of pages, I just want to read those stories. Marvel books are not perfect, never have been, never will be. Same with DC books. Marvel is better than DC in some aspects, DC is better than Marvel in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Do you not understand that the Infinite Crisis omnibus is 75 dollars on IST?!? It has been out for months, and it's 75 dollars. Marvel has, generally, more expensive omnibuses (DC only has 4 $150 books out), with a less of a discount. Get that through your head. Yes, Marvel has better binding, but it also has less content.
    He's obviously not understanding the relationship between MSRP and actual sale value, even though multiple posts have refuted his arguments.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Not everyone can get books on release week from CGN and IST for 50% off. Also theres a nov-dec sale on IST so those aren't the usual prices. Generally speaking, most marvel omnis are $60-80. Exception? The stand omni, which isnt even in stock at amazon from what im seeing so I'll have to take your word for it. While DC omnis are $100+ like the 52, new 52 1#s and IC. But exception? Invisibles omni. That's what im seeing from amazon. There you go. In most cases DC omnis are more priced that marvel ones, and that while having tighter, hard to lay down bindings and covers which will probably have a lower shelf life (and are more damage-prone) than marvel's faux-leather/leather ones, regardless of whether YOU see them under your precious dustjacket or not.

Haha. Really?

And no one's ripping on DC. I love DC but their omnis are definitely inferior to marvel ones. You know that is the truth. But they are improving, that's true too. If you feel to bad that people are calling out your favorite company for their flaws in collecting material, deal with it. As Captain Planet said, if you're satisfied with inferior products, that doesn't mean others are. Stop telling them to be. I'm done trying to prove a point which has been proven countless times.
    You're argument is completely invalid. If the book was given to you for free as a present, it's a better deal for you than if I bought the book for myself. That's what you're saying. You need to compare by msrp prices, not amazon discount prices. I bolded the line where you REINFORCED my point. You CANNOT go by sale prices, amazon prices, whatever. You need to compare by msrp.

I don't know why you refuse to recognize the fact that Marvel books have had errors, and in some cases are inferior to DC books. Some DC books are inferior to Marvel books. That is how it works. You're picking and choosing facts and details and ignoring information to suit your argument, and frankly, it's really fu*king annoying. If you're going to be ignorant, be ignorant some place else.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by geoff2005 View Post
    so would Rebirth be in Vol 3? or right after
    Theres another flash series after vol3 thats by a different writer. Then FC and Rebith, then the pre flashpoint Johns, then Flashpoint, then post new 52 run

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Jelybely8 View Post
    He's obviously not understanding the relationship between MSRP and actual sale value, even though multiple posts have refuted his arguments.
    He's being ignorant, and a troll. And I'm done now. Let us continue our regularly civil conversations :)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Wow that whole Marvel vs DC binding msrp and retail price discussion reads like it is a pissing contest :D

Just got a message that BD shipped the Spaceman Deluxe book. Pretty curious to see what type of paper they used for the book. The singles are on this 'newspaper' style paper which works perfect for this story. Hopefully it won't be too glossy. We'll see soon.
    I'm on the fence with Spaceman....I read the first few issues but it didn't do anything for me. Maybe I'll pick it up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    I know both Swamp Thing and Animal Man are highly regarded but I had to drop both. They are both way to decompressed for a monthly. I'm sure they'll be epic as a completed story but on a month to month basis too little is going on.
    With Animal Man, it was a little slow at the start. I thought Swamp Thing hit the ground running, personally. They're both moving a little quicker now, but, yes, they will be a much better of a read in one sit-down, particularly with the current crossover.

MartinNL When you get the book could you maybe post some pics?

Here's a report from BleedingCool on the Promethea-Widescreen edition (which they call "sideways edition"). It also has a few pages that show why such a version does make perfect sense:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...ea-on-its-way/

The only problem is that no source is provided.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Here's a report from BleedingCool on the Promethea-Widescreen edition (which they call "sideways edition"). It also has a few pages that show why such a version does make perfect sense:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...ea-on-its-way/

The only problem is that no source is provided.
    I'd assume the source is from this thread, seeing as Rich reads it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    I'd assume the source is from this thread, seeing as Rich reads it.
    He does? LOL. Always bad if you don't mention your sources because this is what can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    He does? LOL. Always bad if you don't mention your sources because this is what can happen.
    He replied to me earlier in this topic when I doubted something Bleeding Cool posted back about The Invisibles Omnibus. (Post #3634)

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'm on the fence with Spaceman....I read the first few issues but it didn't do anything for me. Maybe I'll pick it up
    tbh if you don't like the first 2-3 issues when read together and having taken the time and effort to understand what's going on (future speak, did they go to Mars or not? etc...), you probably won't like the rest either. It took me about three reads for the first issue to understand the lingo. ANd then I read issue 1 again when the second issue was released. And then with issue 3 I read issue 1 and 2 again first etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    MartinNL When you get the book could you maybe post some pics?
    Sure will, but BD is quite slow. Shipping takes 5-10 business days, but if no one's posted any pics by the time I'll get the book, I'll take a few and put them up.