Page 390 of 662 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 9919

is it just me or does Marvel put out omnibus and HC 10X faster than DC?

anyways, do you guys think they will make superman new kyrpton into absolute or flashpoint? what are the i guess guide lines for an arch to turn into an absolute besides legendary story

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote2010 View Post
    I am interested in the site, do they ship quickly? Are the books in good shape?
    Shipping's slow if you're used to Amazon Prime. Usually takes about a week. And sometimes they'll have something as in stock, but they actually aren't getting more in till the next Wednesday. So they're not the best if you're in a rush. But it's free shipping for orders over $50.

But books are always in perfect shape, and very well packed. That's the main reason you order from them. Also, there's been many instances where a book is sold out at Amazon, but IST is still selling it, and at the regular discount. (I bought NTT Omnibus Vol. 1 for $45 when Amazon Marketplace had it for over $100) I've essentially stopped ordering books from Amazon as a result, and now order exclusively through them. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote2010 View Post
    I am interested in the site, do they ship quickly? Are the books in good shape?
    shipping is fairly quick. i've had orders shipped from 2 days to a wait of 6 days. their packaging is superb compared to other sites. i'd rather wait a few days for them than chancing with crappy packaging (i'm looking at you amazon)
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Dang. IST only ships to the US. Well, that was a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Just a head's up for everyone. IST updated their page, and now all DC and Marvel books are 45% off till the end of the year.
    They are not shipping internationally . Anybody has idea on the online shops which ships internationally and has gives some offer (for Black Friday, Christmas etc) ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yep, I can't recommend New Frontier Absolute enough. And The Martini Edition Parker is brilliant too... if a pain to shelve, lol.

In a nutshell, I love the guy. :)
    Me too, it's such a shame he doesn't put out that many books/work.
    With his Parker books we get some work on a more regular basis, but still would love to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff2005 View Post
    is it just me or does Marvel put out omnibus and HC 10X faster than DC?

anyways, do you guys think they will make superman new kyrpton into absolute or flashpoint? what are the i guess guide lines for an arch to turn into an absolute besides legendary story
    DC didn't do oversized Omnibuses until the last two years, unlike marvel who started 6 or so years ago. DC are certainly making up for lost time now. Marvel is also considerably slowing their output of OHC/Omnibus lately too, if you read the MArvel thread its popped up a fair bit in discussion recently.

No idea on New Krypton or Flashpoint. Absolutes have generally(or were) exclusively about the art, and if it had an excellent story this was a bonus. Most of the books met this criteria but lately there have been a few( For Tomorrow, Identity Crisis. GL Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night) that have been of a less than stellar standard compared to what has come before like DKR, Watchmen, New Frontier etc

So perhaps they might start including material that is lower on the totem pole, because there is not much left thats in the very top tier that hasn't had an Absolute edition or is more suited to Omnibuses. It's only downhill from here.

I am a recent follower of this thread. I have a question, though I am not sure whether its been discussed here before or not.

I am interested in buying Infinite Crisis Omnibus. I haven't read any of the other crisis books before ? Will it be understood-able with a considerable loss of the past story or is it very much necessary to read all the prior stories to get with this omnibus ? In such case, which books should I buy ?

I am a recent fan (around 6 months) to the DC comics (in fact to the English Comics itself). Till now, I have read Absolute Hush, Simonson Thor, X-Statix, BPRD Plague of Frogs 1, John Carter omnibuses and have just now started with Invisibles.

Quote Originally Posted by SureshBabu View Post
    I am a recent follower of this thread. I have a question, though I am not sure whether its been discussed here before or not.

I am interested in buying Infinite Crisis Omnibus. I haven't read any of the other crisis books before ? Will it be understood-able with a considerable loss of the past story or is it very much necessary to read all the prior stories to get with this omnibus ? In such case, which books should I buy ?

I am a recent fan (around 6 months) to the DC comics (in fact to the English Comics itself). Till now, I have read Absolute Hush, Simonson Thor, X-Statix, BPRD Plague of Frogs 1, John Carter omnibuses and have just now started with Invisibles.
    When I first read it I knew nothing about anything before it and I followed it just fine. It's a truly beautiful book with a very rich story. I'd definitely recommend starting with it before Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis if you are heading in that direction.

Does anyone know if Barnes and Noble take payment at point of order?
    I'm thinking of pre-ordering a couple of omnibuses under the 3 for 2 offer but they're not out until next year?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    Glasgow.
    very good, Munster fan here

on topic: any list of christmas time releases?
    Reading: GL, GLC, JSA, Hellblazer, Booster Gold, Jonah Hex, Doom Patrol, Supergirl, Powergirl, Transformers, Vengeance of the Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mal-adjusted View Post
    very good, Munster fan here

on topic: any list of christmas time releases?
    Ajax'll beat all of you ;P

DC won't be releasing too many books in December, not many big ones anyway, but check the first page of this thread for all the hardcover that are released. Notabale ones, at least imo, in the spirit of this thread, for November/December are:
    • 52 Omnibus HC
    • The New 52 Zero Omnibus HC
    • Spaceman Deluxe HC

Other publishers:
    • Fear Agent Library Edition vol. 1 HC
    • B.P.R.D. vol. 4 HC
    • Scene of the Crime HC (Brubaker)
    • Rust vol. 2 HC

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Weird, just saw that the "52 Weeks" omnibus is actually more expensive from amazon.com vs amazon.ca (only $10 but still). Glad I pre-ordered mine from .ca
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulc01 View Post
    I'm thinking of pre-ordering a couple of omnibuses under the 3 for 2 offer but they're not out until next year?
    I believe they do as I dont think my credit card has been charged yet and they wont ship out till jan

Quote Originally Posted by Paulc01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff2005 View Post
    I believe they do as I dont think my credit card has been charged yet and they wont ship out till jan
    Yeah they charge when the books are shipped out to you. I placed an order too that won't ship till January and my card hasn't been charged yet either.