Page 8 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast
    Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wrkngclasshero View Post
    Does anybody know if this is oversized or simply a standard sized hardcover? I hope standard sized the oversized look akward on my shelf.
    We won't know for certain until it's solicited (which might not happen for another few months), but it will probably be oversized. The two stories it collects have already been collected in regular sized hardcovers, so an oversized book would fit better with the rest of Morrison's run on Batman.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobb View Post
    Quick question: does anybody know it there will be a third volume for Tom Strong Deluxe?? I've been waiting for that for more than a year, but nothing so far...

I was wondering that as well a while back, found this

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:38 PM
    Hi guys,

Not finding anything beyond speculation about a third (and final) volume of Tom Strong in those very nice oversized hardcovers, I emailed DC and got the following reply:

"Hi Thanks for your inquiry. A third volume is not currently on our schedule which is set through the end of this year. Beyond that no decisions have been made."

That's sad... Hope they finish this collection some day.

Aw, man. I JUST finished buying the Stormwatch trades on eBay. What are the odds they collect Ellis' Authority and Planetary the same way... because Absolute Editions are available, although out of print for YEARS.

On the other hand, the Batman (i'd wager a lot it's deluxe) will save me from shelling out $60 for the out of print Batman and Son.

$50 seems a lot for the Alan Moore DCU book, especially since you can get the softcover on ebay for less than $10. It had better be deluxe sized.

Anyone else think that the new DCU's lack of a Justice Society will stop a JSA by Geoff Johns Omnibus?

I think it's put it on the back burner, since really, don't you think it would sell better than Hawkman? There has to be some more politics to why we haven't seen it.

A real shame, it was only my favorite DC book for about EIGHT STRAIGHT YEARS.

Will the new DC also prevent reprints of older Superman stuff? Don't want to confuse the kiddies with two different versions, y'know....

I wonder what poor relationships DC has with some creators is preventing us from having. Where is:

Flash by Mark Waid
    Nightwing by Chuck Dixon
    Birds of Prey by Chuck Dixon
    Young Justice by Peter David

And less due to bad relationships, but where is:
    Green Lantern by Ron Marz
    Action Comics by Joe Kelly
    Detective Comics by Greg Rucka (the black, white and red issues)
    Batman by Ed Brubaker
    Bruce Wayne: Murderer/Fugitive Omnibus

I hope the JLA softcovers continue into Waid and Kelly's run, but they probably won't.

I'm also really surprised they're re-printing and expanding No Man's Land in softcover instead of deluxe HC. Cataclysm/Legacy? And no Prodigy? That seems like a no-brainer with Dick staying as Batman.
    Last edited by skeetsHD; 08-09-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skeetsHD View Post

$50 seems a lot for the Alan Moore DCU book, especially since you can get the softcover on ebay for less than $10. It had better be deluxe sized.
    I'm wondering what else they are putting in it- there is no way the paperback is 500 pages like that hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach_42 View Post
    I'm wondering what else they are putting in it- there is no way the paperback is 500 pages like that hardcover.
    I've heard some later printings of the softcover removed Killing Joke and Whatever Happened to the MOT because DC was trying to sell Deluxe Editions of those two books... now this restores them.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Anyone else think that the new DCU's lack of a Justice Society will stop a JSA by Geoff Johns Omnibus?

I think it's put it on the back burner, since really, don't you think it would sell better than Hawkman? There has to be some more politics to why we haven't seen it.

A real shame, it was only my favorite DC book for about EIGHT STRAIGHT YEARS.
    I think DC are waiting to put out a new JSA series before announcing a JSA/Geoff Johns omnibus. There are a few rumours that the DC will announce a JSA series by James Robinson and Nicola Scott, and if that's true true, then it makes more sense to capitalise on that attention.

Other than that, I can't think of a reason as to why one hasn't been announced yet. It would sell at least as good as the Hawkman book and there's nothing so controversial in the run that would warrant delaying it.

In the meantime, we'll have to make do with re-reading our single issues! If I can find them...
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

The $50 Alan Moore DCU book appears to collect all of Moore's stories from the DCU. This would be the contents of the old/current Alan Moore DCU tpb, The Killing Joke and the stores from the Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow HC.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul hardcover was oversized?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhenom View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul hardcover was oversized?
    I haven't seen it myself, but most of the time the storyline has to be major popular to get an oversized edition. RoRAG was...not popular to say the least, so I'd guess it has a regular sized hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhenom View Post
    I have it here. Regular size.

It's pretty good if you only read the issues by Dini and Morrison, and skip the Nightwing and Robin issues. Still, I could see it being left out in a Batman by Morrison Omnibus. Ra's hasn't made any appearances since in Morrison's work, right? It's all Talia.

I have it here. Regular size.

It's pretty good if you only read the issues by Dini and Morrison, and skip the Nightwing and Robin issues. Still, I could see it being left out in a Batman by Morrison Omnibus. Ra's hasn't made any appearances since in Morrison's work, right? It's all Talia.
    I had fun reading "Resurrection", but you are right, it's not majorly tied to Morrison's saga.

Can we talk about trades here?? Because I think this one in particular is pretty interesting:

Batman: Knightfall Vol. 1 [Paperback]
    Paperback: 640 pages
    Publisher: DC Comics (May 1, 2012)
    http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Knightf...3062666&sr=1-8

Not a great fan of this storyline, but it seems a pretty good deal to me, considering the page count, especially.

I wonder what poor relationships DC has with some creators is preventing us from having. Where is:

Flash by Mark Waid
    Nightwing by Chuck Dixon
    Birds of Prey by Chuck Dixon
    Young Justice by Peter David
    Waid's not a fan of Didio, Dixon left DC pretty suddenly a couple years ago while writing BATMAN & THE OUTSIDERS and ROBIN. No idea what's up with Peter David and DC, though.

And less due to bad relationships, but where is:
    Green Lantern by Ron Marz
    Action Comics by Joe Kelly
    Detective Comics by Greg Rucka (the black, white and red issues)
    Batman by Ed Brubaker
    If DC was Marvel, they'd have collected or republished a TON of GL stuff when the movie came out. But Marz's run is Kyle, so they'd probably not have bothered with anything beyond the OOP trades they've done in the past.

Joe Kelly's ACTION was mainly in the "crossover" phase of Superman. There were several trades some years back of that (Return to Krypton, President Lex, Critical Condition, etc) but that's all. Latter work has been uncollected, sadly. However, if ACTION #775 (Manchester Black & the Elite vs. Superman) will indeed be an upcoming DCAU movie, then they've GOTTA get that (and a bunch of other Kelly stuff) in a TPB/HC.

Rucka's DETECTIVE......yeah, DC's really gotta get back to republishing a lot of their early 2000's/now-OOP trades. His run got collected a bit back then.

DC made a good effort at collecting much of Ed Brubaker's run over the last couple years. Not a full-blown complete collection, but there were a few TPBs featuring his name....and haven't several of the recent DCP Batman 100-pagers been collecting Brubaker's run?

Default DC New 52 Hardcover

Quote Originally Posted by mburr View Post
    It will be oversized.
    I asked Cameron Stewart of DCBS if he can get any additional info regarding the book size (oversized or standard size) of the DC New 52 Hardcover. He said that DC has informed him that it would be Standard Size. :(