Page 16 of 202 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragomi125 View Post
    Too bad Miss Marvel or Vision won't be appearing in those comics. They stopped at four comics, didn't they?
    Yep - four-issue LS. Had some neat stuff outside the stories, although I admit I've already scanned and hacked it into the profile pages (like the arrow feature is on the Hawkeye profile page, the Iron Man HUD is on the Iron Man page, etc). According to Yost, its all canon, too, so the Mad Thinker is considered re-captured, etc.

Quite so. I'm sure Wasp will be more than happy to help her in her journey. I can't wait to see her reaction to Carol joing the Avengers. Although in MM's preview in "New Looks, New Heroes" she's accompanied by SHIELD when she confronts Ronan, Yon-Rogg and Cap. Mar-Vell, so can we assume she's been taking this time to practice her powers and SHIELD's been using her as a secret weapon? She might still have a ways to go. You think Thor might have a hand in training her?
    I assume that Carol has been made part of the SHIELD Special Agent program, which was (as far as we've been shown) down to Mockingbird...

Why do you think Thor might have had a hand in training her?

Also medinnus, after taking a closer loook at Ronan the Accuser's concept art, episode 30, the episode where Miss Marvel supposedly debutes, is called "Welcome to the Kree Empire".
    Good catch! My copy of that style sheet page was just a quick grab from the DVD content, and the clarity of the lettering wasn't sufficient for me to enhance enough to make out the episode information. Thanks!
    Last edited by medinnus; 07-11-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Avengers Assemble Fan Site
    http://medinnus.com/avengersassemble/

Quote Originally Posted by medinnus View Post
    Yep - four-issue LS. Had some neat stuff outside the stories, although I admit I've already scanned and hacked it into the profile pages (like the arrow feature is on the Hawkeye profile page, the Iron Man HUD is on the Iron Man page, etc). According to Yost, its all canon, too, so the Mad Thinker is considered re-captured, etc.

I assume that Carol has been made part of the SHIELD Special Agent program, which was (as far as we've been shown) down to Mockingbird...

Why do you think Thor might have had a hand in training her?

Good catch! My copy of that style sheet page was just a quick grab from the DVD content, and the clarity of the lettering wasn't sufficient for me to enhance enough to make out the episode information. Thanks!
    No problem.

I'm just saying Thor acting as a mentor would be kinda interesting.
    Last edited by dragomi125; 07-11-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post

I'm having a complete nerdgasm right now
    Oh............MAN!!!!! Rocket Racoon, Starlord, Adam Warlock, Phyla Vel, and Groot?!?!? This just made my week!!

They already did.

http://www.medinnus.com/AEMH/merchandise.html

You can find the Trade collection of the LS on the page.

The individual issues:

http://www.medinnus.com/AEMH/comic_ls.html
    Thanks for the info! I haven't seen this anywhere but I will make sure that I have it now.

Kind of wish there was an ongoing too.

Quote Originally Posted by TanGent View Post
    Kind of wish there was an ongoing too.
    Yeah, so do I. I asked Yost in an interview, and he said that while he'd love to do it, there are no plans...

No problem.

I'm just saying Thor acting as a mentor would be kinda interesting.
    honestly i think she's fine on her own. lol thor might want to learn from her she has good fighting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by arveg2 View Post
    actually I was referring to something along the lines of justice league animated films quality..
    A budget for a 90 minute film is not the same for a tv series, especially if you don't have a dedicated animation studio which Marvel barely has while DC is just using Warner's animation team

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    A budget for a 90 minute film is not the same for a tv series, especially if you don't have a dedicated animation studio which Marvel barely has while DC is just using Warner's animation team
    no arguments for me on this particular aspect..but sometimes I wish american animators can get past the cutesy kiddie looks. its like watching again that silly wildcats animated series but instead having the avengers characters and with infinitely better story line.
    resident hero

BANNED

no arguments for me on this particular aspect..but sometimes I wish american animators can get past the cutesy kiddie looks. its like watching again that silly wildcats animated series but instead having the avengers characters and with infinitely better story line.
    Unfortunately adult animation has not caught on outside of Asia, anime is still a cult thing. Even stylised live action animation projects like A Scanner Darkly failed to find a strong interest. Ralph Bakshi tried and failed valiantly throughout the 70s and 80s but Disney reign supreme. Now Disney own Marvel, I think you might as well ask for gold coins to rain from the sky... the American animated market wants it's stuff relatively cutesy and always will. It's why The Princess And The Frog gets the kids in but Rob Zombie's adult direct to DVD animation projects are just that, unable to get played in any theatres.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    It's why The Princess And The Frog gets the kids in but Rob Zombie's adult direct to DVD animation projects are just that, unable to get played in any theatres.
    Or perhaps the reason is because Disney will make the theatre owners money, whereas the Rob Zombie animated features have... limited appeal (which is so much nicer than saying they're crap).

Uh quick question. Is Miss Marvel's 7th sense commonly used enough for it to appear on this show?

Uh quick question. Is Miss Marvel's 7th sense commonly used enough for it to appear on this show?
    I'd say... no. It's one of those things that's rarely remembered. I can't remember the last time it actually came up.

BANNED

Or perhaps the reason is because Disney will make the theatre owners money, whereas the Rob Zombie animated features have... limited appeal (which is so much nicer than saying they're crap).
    Disney's lowest earning feature was The Black Cauldron, their attempt at Bakshi's darker style. So even an out there dark Disney effort aimed at a broader audience took a bath at the box office sooner rather than later. There hasn't been a single purely adult oriented cartoon that's had any long term success. We have a brief influx of them in the late 90s with Spawn, Aeon Flux, The Head, The Maxx, Beavis and Butthead, King Of The Hill and Duckman but haven't exactly when down as great names in the annals of animation history. Beavis and Butthead has really crap animation when you look back at it. So... unless MTV change their mind and decide reality shows suck ass and they decide to reinvest in animation projects, I think we may just have to accept adult animation in the american market just doesn't have a strong or clearly delineated enough audience for major studios to consider investing in. It's not like Tales Of The Black Freighter set any sales records.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    Disney's lowest earning feature was The Black Cauldron, their attempt at Bakshi's darker style. So even an out there dark Disney effort aimed at a broader audience took a bath at the box office sooner rather than later. There hasn't been a single purely adult oriented cartoon that's had any long term success. We have a brief influx of them in the late 90s with Spawn, Aeon Flux, The Head, The Maxx, Beavis and Butthead, King Of The Hill and Duckman but haven't exactly when down as great names in the annals of animation history. Beavis and Butthead has really crap animation when you look back at it. So... unless MTV change their mind and decide reality shows suck ass and they decide to reinvest in animation projects, I think we may just have to accept adult animation in the american market just doesn't have a strong or clearly delineated enough audience for major studios to consider investing in. It's not like Tales Of The Black Freighter set any sales records.
    At least part of it is that I think when it comes to more adult-themed cartoons, the broader audience doesn't particularly give a crap about the animation aspect. You frequently hear cartoon afficionados complaining about how horrid the animation in stuff like South Park and Family Guy is, but clearly enough people don't care that the shows manages to pull in acceptable ratings.

Just my take, but it seems like more often than not it's the writing that draws in the mass audience, not how detailed the character designs are.

Perhaps thats why you see a lot of the more concept-driven adult animated shows on cable networks like FX and stuff.

It's funny that both the Wildcats and Savage Dragon cartoons are what lead me to read those comics and get shocked at how hugely different they are from their toon versions. Voodoo is a stripper and Dragon's banging Alex