Page 108 of 202 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3019

I just re-watched several episodes of season 1;
    and I noticed that characters who are most likely Hypno-Hustler, Armadillo, and Batroc all make cameo appearances in episode 8, "Some Assembly Required".
    Did anybody else notice this?

Good episode.Not great,but i enjoyed more than all the previous episodes of season two.It was a nice mix up of Korvac and Guardians of the Galaxy.Still,i think a two parts episode would be better.Korvac is too strong to have him only in one episode.Of all the cosmic elements of the second season,Korvac is the one i was waiting for.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Enjoyed the GotG guest appearance, though a little disappointed that it was a sausagefest. I think Mantis could have subbed for Adam in the story at a pinch, though I can understand why using any of the other women would have been difficult.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Enjoyed the GotG guest appearance, though a little disappointed that it was a sausagefest. I think Mantis could have subbed for Adam in the story at a pinch, though I can understand why using any of the other women would have been difficult.
    They were cramp for time as it was. 5 characters, plus Korvac, as well as the Avengers stuff?

They needed Groot, RR and Starlord as they are the most popular. Just be glad they had Phyla not screw up!
    Again, I don't see it as that big of a problem in an episode trying to do so much.

I felt it was too rushed, and folding the "new" GotG in place of the old ones did not work for me.
    The original Korvac saga lasted a year or so at a time when most stories were done-in-one.
    It was a huge, sprawling epic story with real weight to it, unlike anything that had come before it.
    It included an on-going sub-plot where everyone who had been an avenger was kidnapped by the Collector to prepare for Korvac by preserving his Collection.
    The Avengers team which faced Korvac in the book was much larger and still got trashed, establishing his very real threat, and that it was Carina and his own feelings which stopped him.
    In EMH that barely seemed touched upon. I know it got a line or two, but there was not a feeling that Korvac could not have been taken down, more that the fight paused and then he left. Doom felt more unbeatable, fending off the FF and Avengers, than Korvac did here.
    This was too rushed, felt too small, and the GotG served no purpose at all except to irritate fans of the original GotG who see one of their few mainstream appearances taken away for no good reason.
    It was not terrible episode, I did enjoy it, but it could have been done so much better.
    If there is some sort of follow up, preferably next episode I might revise my opinion, but too many characters introduced too quickly with no real sense of who they were or what they could do, plus an epic story squashed into a tiny space just did not work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyman View Post
    I felt it was too rushed, and folding the "new" GotG in place of the old ones did not work for me.
    The original Korvac saga lasted a year or so at a time when most stories were done-in-one.
    It was a huge, sprawling epic story with real weight to it, unlike anything that had come before it.
    It included an on-going sub-plot where everyone who had been an avenger was kidnapped by the Collector to prepare for Korvac by preserving his Collection.
    The Avengers team which faced Korvac in the book was much larger and still got trashed, establishing his very real threat, and that it was Carina and his own feelings which stopped him.
    In EMH that barely seemed touched upon. I know it got a line or two, but there was not a feeling that Korvac could not have been taken down, more that the fight paused and then he left. Doom felt more unbeatable, fending off the FF and Avengers, than Korvac did here.
    This was too rushed, felt too small, and the GotG served no purpose at all except to irritate fans of the original GotG who see one of their few mainstream appearances taken away for no good reason.
    It was not terrible episode, I did enjoy it, but it could have been done so much better.
    If there is some sort of follow up, preferably next episode I might revise my opinion, but too many characters introduced too quickly with no real sense of who they were or what they could do, plus an epic story squashed into a tiny space just did not work for me.
    THIS. I was very disappointed with the episode. I love both incantations of GoTG and the original Korvac series is my all-time favorite Avengers storyline, so I was crushed how it was handled. But, The Vision is coming soon, so I am still very excited about EMH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nojarama View Post
    THIS. I was very disappointed with the episode. I love both incantations of GoTG and the original Korvac series is my all-time favorite Avengers storyline, so I was crushed how it was handled. But, The Vision is coming soon, so I am still very excited about EMH!!!
    A friend and I were discussing both incarnations of the GotG in light of this, and even they who loved the original team couldn't help but admit that they have dated very poorly indeed, which is a shame.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Do you really think they needed to do an arc of Korvac? There's so much to do already!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Do you really think they needed to do an arc of Korvac? There's so much to do already!
    Maybe not an arc, per se, but at the very least a two-parter.
    They pared it down to below the bone with this one, for me.
    Usually I've liked how they've adapted comic storylines into the show, but look how much build up Stupid Invasion is being given, and compare it to Korvac's barely one episode, and you'll perhaps get a sense of why this disappointed me.
    Korvac in the comics was a threat big enough to get the attention of the likes of the Collector, Galactus, the Celestials. He had power enough to reshape the universe.
    Stupid invasion skrulls lost their fight off-panel to the most incompetent bunch of "heroes" ever, and yet this one-note non-threat failure is being built up over two seasons.
    I didn't hate the episode, and I guess if I'd not read the source material it would not have been anywhere near as problematic (though I still would not know who the Gotg are, what each can do etc).
    As it is I feel we've been a bit cheated, of ever seeing the original Gotg, of ever seeing Wendell Vaughn as Quasar, of seeing Genis-Vell, of the Collector, the Two-gun Kid, Hercules, Starhawk, and a bunch of stuff.
    It feels like they've decided to skip from late seventies to the present and compress anything in-between down to a footnote, and to my mind, there are better stories than Stupid Invasion or Civil War that they are ignoring.
    I know that Gotg are the flavour of the month with talk of films and a Bendis book and blah blah blah, but if this was my first glimpse of them I would not be massively intrigued.
    Part of the joy of that second Gotg is that they are all pre-exisiting, sometimes obscure characters, each with a back-story of note.
    Here I'm afraid none of that came through. It wasn't even entirely clear if they were any better or worse than Korvac or the Kree, really.
    It's all pretty moot anyway since the decision to make the show Ultimate Spiderman and his Avenging friends, since that has killed any possible interest I had in this show.

Honestly, if the season wasn't being split where the back half would be individual episodes under Loeb's new reign and the show wasn't being replaced by a new one, I expect they would have came back to have a legit Korvac saga done. This one did feel it ended prematurely but I can see them using this as set up and coming back to it by having Korvac just be up in space gaining better control of his powers until he can redo the world for him and Corrina. Sadly, there is little doubt that we won't see that come to light at least in this incarnation of the Avengers, where it could be a more honest adaptation of the classic story.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It almost feels like they were a bit too ambitious with this season.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I watched it again. I'm wondering if this isn't the line up they'll go with for a GotG movie, you know. It mirrors the MCU Avengers archetypes quite neatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    I watched it again. I'm wondering if this isn't the line up they'll go with for a GotG movie, you know. It mirrors the MCU Avengers archetypes quite neatly.
    Which one's the raccoon?
    Sorry, could not help myself.

Maybe down the line they will come back to Korvac, they left it open enough to.

Which one's the raccoon?
    Sorry, could not help myself.
    Stark. Was it not obvious?

BANNED

I loved the GotG appearance. They should have included Deathcry!

So far I've liked this season a lot, and the inclusion of Ms.Marvel has been fun. I like that they've added her to the opening. I'm waiting for more Mockingbird though!