Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateVenom View Post
    yes, this Spring will kick off a "Villains" Micro set, the last of which will feature Alopex.

Most likely will be 4, as was the case with the preceding Micro sets.

The most possible candidates will most likely be either Shredder, Krang, Old Hob and Baxter for the other three. Personally, I feel like Shredder may not get the Micro spotlight since the Secret History of the Foot Clan will probably feature him a bit.
    that's awesome. Is there a chance one might feature Bebop or Rocksteady? They've been teased.
    "That's the thing about the Phoenix. There always has to be destruction... Before rebirth. " - Scott Summers

The cover for the next ultimate collection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TMNT_UC4_Cover.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	105381
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Anyone pick up Secret History of the Foot Clan? How was it?

^^^^
    That came out already? Jan.2? I'll need to inquire at my LCS about this then.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Saw it on Comixology yesterday.

That sucks. My LCS forgot to make my pulls, and I did not notice Secrety History when I was grabbing my issues off of the shelf.

If anyone can please let us know how it was.

So... will the Eastman/Laird issues be collected in a more affordable, paperback form after the Ultimate Collections?

Grew up with the TMNT. Love the original film, collected the early to mid-aughts comics (as well as many back issues) in my teens, and I'm enjoying the new animated series. While I don't really wanna jump into the current ongoing series (I'm following enough now!) I'm thinkin' I'll have to get the core, canon Mirage issues as well as the Archie TMNT Adventures stories.

I want the non-E&L issues collected in the Ultimate format!! I can't be the only one who want the whole run in the same format even if it will now jump around(should they do it).
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by hugglebunny View Post
    That sucks. My LCS forgot to make my pulls, and I did not notice Secrety History when I was grabbing my issues off of the shelf.

If anyone can please let us know how it was.
    Secret History was supposed to be out on 12/26, but it was delayed at port by a dockworker strike. The new in store date is THIS WEDNESDAY! (: So yeah, January 9th.

The Comixology thing was a small mistake... they pulled it and will put it back up on Wednesday.

I hope everyone likes it!
    Comic book writer & artist. Working on IDW's monthly GHOSTBUSTERS +TMNT and Scarlet Spider at Marvel.

www.burnhamania.com
    www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
    www.twitter.com/erikburnham

Follow-up question: will vol. 2 (the color series) be reprinted? I remember liking the few issues of that I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    Anyone pick up Secret History of the Foot Clan? How was it?
    It was awesome.

My only complaint would be, and it's small, was that although I loved the art in the anciant Japan sections of the story I kind of missed Dan Duncan's art in the present day sections.

The best part though? The robot body that the Utrom had at the end looked like Krang's giant body from the cartoon!

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It was awesome.

My only complaint would be, and it's small, was that although I loved the art in the anciant Japan sections of the story I kind of missed Dan Duncan's art in the present day sections.

The best part though? The robot body that the Utrom had at the end looked like Krang's giant body from the cartoon!
    Like what they did for issue #5? I'm sad that Dan Duncan left, any ideas what he is doing presently? Andy Kuhn just didn't do [B]it[B] for me. Andy's art was welcoming for the micro issue he did but not for the regular series imho. Ben Bates is a step up for the art but Bobby Curnow posted at the idw tmnt forums that Ben might not be drawing past issue 20. Kevin Eastman is stated to draw #21 which Bobby wrote
    As for #21, that's a stand alone story, which will also act as a prelude to a seven-part (!!) mega arc that will follow. Can't really say anything else about it, but it will be big and awesome.
    As to whether Ben will be drawing this mega arc, Bobby replied that he will make an announcement about the artist in early February.

As for Secret history of the foot #1, I would normally wait a month for the price to drop but after seeing the preview pages I went ahead and got it and I have to say... Mateus Santolouco's feudal Japan KICKED ASS!!!! Plus the Oroku line has fallen BIG time.
    Last edited by Mister Ferro; 01-11-2013 at 07:45 PM.

The back in forth in issue five was exactly what I was hoping for, I liked the distinct art styles.

I don't mind Andy Kuhn, his style is tonally similar enough to Duncan.

I think it was mostly the ripped bandannas that threw me to be honest, I don't care for that look and it made it stand out from how the turtles have normally looked in the series.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

I just couldn't get over how Andy drew the turtles faces... heck all the faces really.

How could you not like Leo's batman bandanna? I really have no problem with that aesthetic detail in this mini but I am with you if this look were to ever be added to the regular series.
    Last edited by Mister Ferro; 01-13-2013 at 08:17 AM.

haven't read Secret History of the Foot Clan yet but i have been keeping up with the IDW TMNT stuff. also read the first six issues of Color Classics. great stuff. i remember reading a few of the black and white comics as a kid and i didn't like them because they were so different from the cartoon.