Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

This new TMNT is really fun watch, at first i was a little put off by the voices and the animation style, but i was then blown away by the sense of humor, and action. I mean, it's not late night comedy type of humor, but it fits. I love each turtles sense of self, and how they play off of each others own character. I wish i had given it a chance sooner, I hope it sticks around. As far as some of the newer developments in the show, well as new as far as I know like Donnie crushing on April, and Splinter having had a wife and daughter back in Japan, I'm willing to sit back and see how it all plays out. Also that Theme song is so damn catchy.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

I just got around to reading the 2012 Annual done almost entirely by Eastman. What a great read! I know at $9 it's pricey but it's got pages to it and it's broken down into segments that showcase many of the main players introduced in the relaunch thus far and tossing in a few new characters. It feels a bit like Pulp Fiction in the way the story backs up and starts again from each characters perspective(I'm sure there's a proper storytelling term here I don't know). I really liked it and even bought an extra for a friend who no longer as an LCS within a 45min drive of his house. He mostly TPB waits now and I doubt these ends up collected anytime soon.

At $9 I got more out of it than I have 3 issues of a Marvel of DC book over the past year.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just got around to reading the 2012 Annual done almost entirely by Eastman. What a great read! I know at $9 it's pricey but it's got pages to it and it's broken down into segments that showcase many of the main players introduced in the relaunch thus far and tossing in a few new characters. It feels a bit like Pulp Fiction in the way the story backs up and starts again from each characters perspective(I'm sure there's a proper storytelling term here I don't know). I really liked it and even bought an extra for a friend who no longer as an LCS within a 45min drive of his house. He mostly TPB waits now and I doubt these ends up collected anytime soon.

At $9 I got more out of it than I have 3 issues of a Marvel of DC book over the past year.
    Definitely well worth the price, it was probably one of th better books of the year in my mind.

I read the first two volumes and the micro series and i find it to be awesome. Alot of changes but the writing makes them work and i cant wait to see how it comes together. i'm interested of seeing some of these changes make it into the new cartoon.

So, I loved the Turtles growing up (both comic and TV). On "Small Business Saturday" I visited the comic shop, and picked up all the TMNT stuff.

And I have to say I really like it. The tone is great, the title is fun, and I think the art has some kind of sketchy retro quality I really dig. I think the scripting on the main series is clumsy at times, but overall I've really gotten a kick out of this whole series.

Does anyone know if there are more Microseries coming, or is it just going to be the Foot Clan mini series?
    "That's the thing about the Phoenix. There always has to be destruction... Before rebirth. " - Scott Summers

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

I have just finished issues 13 and 14. Those issues especially 14 was chilling! The only part I didn't enjoy was Andy Kuhn's art. The way he draws the turtles is too distracting.

I'd like to know, what brought back Kevin Eastman back to TMNT ? 'Cause correct me if im wrong, but didn't he sell all his property rights to Peter Laird, and also, didn't Laird said that Eastman wasn't interested in his creation anymore ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    I'd like to know, what brought back Kevin Eastman back to TMNT ? 'Cause correct me if im wrong, but didn't he sell all his property rights to Peter Laird, and also, didn't Laird said that Eastman wasn't interested in his creation anymore ?
    Laird is the one that left the series. Eastman has pretty much been in control the entire time. Even after the sale of Mirage, he went directly into co-authoring/advising and layouts for the new series.

Ooop, guess you were right. I thought it was Laird that left early on. Funny though, Kevin Eastman seems way more interested in the collected editions based on the amount of effort put into the bonus material by him and Peter.
    Last edited by dupont2005; 12-04-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

I'd like to know, what brought back Kevin Eastman back to TMNT ?
    My guess is "It's not mine anymore". From what I gather from said bonus material from the Ultimate Collections the Turtles got too big, too time-consuming and they made two good friends drift apart.
    Now that they don't have to do anything with the business side of the franchise they can or could (in the case of Laird) give all of their attention into creating something (again).
    I also guess that selling the TMNT was something similar to a clearance and maybe it brought back the passion.
    Now if Eastman and Laird could team-up again for maybe a limited series or a story arc (and if Laird could wrap-up the brillaint Vol. 4 series) would be beyond terrific.
    Klatuu... barada *cough* *cough*

|| [comiccover.de] || [marvelarchiv.de] || [comicshop.de] ||

"You can make me bleed
    You can make me cry
    You can make me fall
    You can make me live or die
    And I wonder how
    And you wonder why
    "
    www.tristania.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Isaacs View Post
    Now if Eastman and Laird could team-up again
    Aren't they for the current IDW serie ? Its got both of their names on the cover :s

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

I just got done watching Episode 9: "The Gauntlet"

Finally got to see the Shredder fight and he was awesome! I always preferred a Shredder where he was able to solo all the turtles. If it wasn't for his top lieutenants interrupting him, he would have killed the turtles.

Are there any good comics where Shredder or Donatello are the main stars? I like the entire cast (except Casey Jones) but those two have always been favorites

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    Are there any good comics where Shredder or Donatello are the main stars? I like the entire cast (except Casey Jones) but those two have always been favorites
    You could try the IDW series. Overall it is a great comic, which you can get the first issue free at comixology. Or if you rather this since it might be more your taste Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro Series #3: Donatello which is also free at comixology.
    Last edited by Mister Ferro; 12-04-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Aren't they for the current IDW serie ?
    No. It's co-written by Eastman and Tom Waltz.

Its got both of their names on the cover :s
    Are you referring to the "Color Classics" (which are reprints)? The new IDW series uses the old TMNT logo from vol. 1 but has the "Eastman and Laird's" part removed.
    Klatuu... barada *cough* *cough*

|| [comiccover.de] || [marvelarchiv.de] || [comicshop.de] ||

"You can make me bleed
    You can make me cry
    You can make me fall
    You can make me live or die
    And I wonder how
    And you wonder why
    "
    www.tristania.com

Ah, I must be on dope I was sure I Eastman and Laird on the cover, my mistake.

The Silly Symbiote! Spectral Entity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Does anyone know if there are more Microseries coming, or is it just going to be the Foot Clan mini series?
    yes, this Spring will kick off a "Villains" Micro set, the last of which will feature Alopex.

Most likely will be 4, as was the case with the preceding Micro sets.

The most possible candidates will most likely be either Shredder, Krang, Old Hob and Baxter for the other three. Personally, I feel like Shredder may not get the Micro spotlight since the Secret History of the Foot Clan will probably feature him a bit.