Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Spider-Man cast member to date Matt Murdoch (thanks Mark Waid!)

Marvel.com: Who would you prefer to write as Daredevilís love interest: Karen Page, Elektra, somebody else or somebody new?
    Mark Waid: Someone new. Karen's still dead, Elektra I love but don't have a feel for, but there are several new women coming up soon in Matt's life who are potential romantic interests, including someone quite surprising borrowed from the Spider-Man cast. Ponder that and start placing your bets.
    More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/16114/t...#ixzz1PUFwP9mt
    Last edited by davidjack; 06-16-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidjack View Post
    Ugh. That's going to make things awkward if Peter and Mary Jane ever get back together.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

It has to be one of the OLD Spider-man women, I mean who else besides MJ, BLack Cat and Carlie could possibly date Matt Murdock

I mean if it was MJ, then maybe it would be a lesson for her given all the crap that Matt has been through over the years...at least he NEVER MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL, despite his name being Daredevil.

Other than that any other Spider-man women are fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by davidjack View Post
    Guessing Julia Carpenter/Arachne Web
    Pull List : X-Men: Legacy T-Bolts Avengers Academy X-23 X-Factor New Avengers Jubilee U:X-Force Red Hood/Outlaws A:X-Men Static Gotham City Sirens Black Panther Suicide Squad Wolverine New Mutants

Michele perhaps? They're both lawyers.
    And I hope when you think of me years down the line
    You can't find one good thing to say.
    And I hope that if I found the strength to walk out
    You'd stay the hell out of my way.

BANNED

In other news, a female Spidey cast member is about to end up severely screwed. Thus is the life of Murdock's love interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus B. View Post
    Good thinking there.
    Liz Allan already dated Foggy and I doubt Matt would steal Foggy's girlfriend another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    Good thinking there.
    Liz Allan already dated Foggy and I doubt Matt would steal Foggy's girlfriend another time.
    Plus, dating Liz means you have to deal with Normie. Nothing says "romance" like coming home to your significant other's kid decapitating action figures and mumbling to himself.
    And I hope when you think of me years down the line
    You can't find one good thing to say.
    And I hope that if I found the strength to walk out
    You'd stay the hell out of my way.

Question

Maybe Betty Brant, attracting the attention of Venom... DD vs Venom could be awesome!

MJ would be soooo cool...

Liz Allen dated Foggy, may come back for some Matt?

Gwen Stacy clone is not happening.

Any of the Ben Reilly girlfriends, is too dumb to be true.

Bella from Horizon? Nah, too new.

Plenty of options :D

Black Cat would be awesome too. Specially some Felicia Hardy interaction, after all DD is turning an Avenger and Dan have this sub-plot of Felicia looking forward to be one...

BANNED

Yeah, I'm guessing MJ is a logical bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus B. View Post
    Interesting given she was writing out of ASM as it was approaching Big time, but then again you have to deal with her brother Vin for a while.

Yet this could lead him back into Peter's live, given Vin's a member of the new Goblin cult.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    It has to be one of the OLD Spider-man women, I mean who else besides MJ, BLack Cat and Carlie could possibly date Matt Murdock.
    Well, Carlie is conceivably out because she's likely to still be dating Peter.

Mary Jane? Yeah, I could see something like that, but considering how she still knows Peter is Spidey and thus knows all about Matt being Daredevil and being Peter's friend--especially considering he's going to be Spidey's New Avenger's teammate in the near future--it would just be all kinds of awkward.

Black Cat? Now that would certainly be something, although definitely short lived. However, there are definitely other candidates:

Liz Allen-Osborn, currently divorced, although she dated Foggy Nelson in the past. If she's it, could be another love triangle between Matt and Foggy like what originally happened with Karen Page.

Glory Grant's also single, not to mention the assistant to Mayor J. Jonah Jameson, which would allow for a city politics angle, being that Matt is a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus B.
    I can see that. Although didn't she move back to Chicago? Although, I could see Waid utilizing her as he was the one who initially introduced her to Amazing Spider-Man to begin with during Brand New Day. But then again, Waid already introducing a rival female lawyer character already named Kirstin McDuffie according to the article.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 06-16-2011 at 05:38 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Doesn't dating Matt Murdoch essentially mean you're going to eventually get stuffed in the fridge?

If that's the case, then definitely Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post

Mary Jane? Yeah, I could see something like that, but considering how she still knows Peter is Spidey and thus knows all about Matt being Daredevil and being Peter's friend--especially considering he's going to be Spidey's New Avenger's teammate in the near future--it would just be all kinds of awkward.
    You also forgot to mention that whole "Deal with the Devil thing", I mean maybe MJ can learn from Matt, given all he's been through over the years.

Also isn't Matt station at Chicago where Michelle is at, when the series began ?

I know I was the first one to jump on this, but MJ actually doesn't make any sense given her current disposition against double lives. And Matt Murdock's identity as Daredevil is publicly known. So......yeah.

It's just another case where I'm not really sure what his options are. Norah's dating Randy, Carlie's dating Peter, Michele is in Chicago. Betty's dating Flash. Gwen is still dead. Liz? I guess, I forgot she was still around. Glory Grant...maybe? What's her relationship status now? Felicia's kinda easy I guess, maybe she'll use Daredevil as a sub for her Spider-Man fetish?
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis