Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CBR Readers Rank the 52 DC Comics Relaunch Titles

CBR's DC Comics relaunch survey results are in, with Geoff Johns and Jim Lee's "Justice League" narrowly edging out Grant Morrison and Rags Morales' "Action Comics" #1 as this September's most anticipated title!

Full article here.

I'm pretty disappointed by the numbers of people saying that they'll never pick up some of these titles. I don't know about you, but I'll pick up just about anything once. Especially if a book gets good word of mouth.

This just shows why it's important to strike out into new markets. I could see I, Vampire being one of the more successful books seeing as vampires are in like they never left.

EDIT: I do wonder how the numbers would be different had the brought in more fresh talent or at least fresh to DC talent.

Couldn't make a sortable list? Something like a google form, perhaps?

Heck, they're not even sorted by TITLE.
    Last edited by Squashua; 06-15-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Default Quick!

There you go DC. 10,181 fans have spoken. Read the results and start rebooting your reboot.
    Last edited by Glasswalker64; 06-15-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasswalker64 View Post
    There you go DC. Read the results and start rebooting your reboot.
    Not so fast. We need to wait for at least the first three months of digital sales results. Three months is enough time for a decently pace story arc and takes into account that reduced price a month later.

Nothing really that unexpected. With JL on top of the list, I could see that coming. And everyone wants to see how Morrsion on Action Comics will turn out.

Although I am surprised by the amount of people who clicked the 'not at all' option. Some of the titles I might wait for reviews. It seems most have already have an idea of exactly what titles they'll be picking up and which they definitely won't
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

Sucks to see men of war doing so badly.

Really disappointing that so many current readers are already completely against picking up any of the new titles. Hell when I voted there was only one title that I voted "Not At All" and that was OMAC.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Sucks to see men of war doing so badly.
    Agreed. I 've got hopes for that book, but I don't see it lasting too long.

Well this kind of survey don't mean a lot. But watch this prediction: JLA #1 = 150 000+. Action comics #1= 120-130 000

I hope DC can attract an influx of new readers that are willingly to give new titles a try.
    Current List: Action, Batman, Batwing, Earth 2, GLC, ,JLA, JL, Avengers, Captain America, MA, NA, SA, Spider-Man, UC Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Saga, Shadowman, Walking Dead

Also, the evaluation is poor.

The values for the two left columns should be combined (same with the two right columns) to get a better "lean".

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RubberGhost View Post
    Really disappointing that so many current readers are already completely against picking up any of the new titles. Hell when I voted there was only one title that I voted "Not At All" and that was OMAC.
    Same here--outside of OMAC I think the worst I've voted was "unlikely."

Honestly, I think that says a lot about the current market of comics and why this kind of thing probably needed to happen.

Sad that Resurrection Man did so poorly. I said I'd buy both Legion books, Justice League, Resurrection Man and Stormwatch. I wouldn't even entertain buying any of the others as I'm mainly a Marvel person and nothing else seems very interesting. I figure by the end of the first year of this, Justice League will be an either quarterly or bi-annual book and Resurrection Man, Stormwatch & Legion Lost will be canned like most DC books I've enjoyed in the past...