Page 66 of 98 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

How do you guys read crossovers on MDCU? Is it really annoying and complicated?

Example - Messiah Complex. When reading the description of the TPB for this, it says it includes: Messiah CompleX One-Shot, Uncanny X-Men #492-494, X-Men #205-207, New X-Men #44-46, X-Factor #25-27, and X-Men: Messiah CompleX - Mutant Files.

I'm guessing it's important and worthwhile to read everything that's contained within a TPB because it features not just the one-shot or limited series but all the crossover stuff in the other titles at the time. But what order should it all be read in and how does a reader find that out for all the other trades/crossovers?

Thanks!
    Lint'
    Last edited by Lintlicker; 01-12-2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Grammar

Anyone know if Marvel is about to price drop any of Avengers vs X-Men? I think they've dropped pretty much everything that leads up to AvX issues in Avengers and X-Men comics, so any idea when they might drop AvX issues and tie-ins to $1.99? I am tempted to buy the $59.99 digital omnibus, but am afraid it will drop by 50% in the next few weeks.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IroncladMerc View Post
    Anyone know if Marvel is about to price drop any of Avengers vs X-Men? I think they've dropped pretty much everything that leads up to AvX issues in Avengers and X-Men comics, so any idea when they might drop AvX issues and tie-ins to $1.99? I am tempted to buy the $59.99 digital omnibus, but am afraid it will drop by 50% in the next few weeks.
    The first 4 Uncanny X-Men tie in issues dropped in price today, but after that, it's anyone's guess. But bear in mind that the digital collection only went on sale in November, so it's highly unlikely that those issues or the collection would drop in price for at least a few months. The absolute shortest space of time I've seen before a price drop was 4 months, for Amazing Spider-Man up to #691.

Another option might be to get the print omnibus off Amazon for $45, because that comes with a code for the omnibus. Then you could sell the book on ebay or wherever to offset your costs.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    The first 4 Uncanny X-Men tie in issues dropped in price today, but after that, it's anyone's guess. But bear in mind that the digital collection only went on sale in November, so it's highly unlikely that those issues or the collection would drop in price for at least a few months. The absolute shortest space of time I've seen before a price drop was 4 months, for Amazing Spider-Man up to #691.

Another option might be to get the print omnibus off Amazon for $45, because that comes with a code for the omnibus. Then you could sell the book on ebay or wherever to offset your costs.
    Yep. I got the book cheap on Black Fri and sold the code online for 1/3 the comixology price so I ended up paying $8 for the HC.
    New and improved me. Now with a CAPITAL “B”.

Dang, the past 2 Mondays and Fridays the 99 cent sales have been X-related stuff. I was hoping with the announcment of Thanos Rising and the interview with Bendis on GotG this week that we'd get some cosmic stuff on sale today. I want Infinity Gauntlet, War, Crusade and a few other things digitally on the cheapy cheap. ;)

Given how many times they’ve put it on “sale”, they should probably just permanently make Cable & Deadpool a 99 cent book.

(Actually I think everything that old should be a 99 cent book but that’s a whole other discussion)

Clearly with Deadpool Killistraited #1 just out, Marvel was keen on promoting the mini which proceeded it, and since Deadpool was on offer they elected to have Cable and Deadpool up for sale once more. Since I already picked up the first issue for free I figured I'd grab the rest of the first arc alongside the Deadpool Mini.

And yeah, it is a question whether some Marvel and DC books should go down to 99 cents if they've been out for long enough.

Marvel is adding digital codes to the Now premiere hardcovers:

Marvel Entertainment is pleased to announce that the first volume hardcover collections included in the Marvel NOW! initiative will now include codes for bonus digital editions of these same collections, all at no additional cost.
    The following Marvel Premiere Hardcovers in 2013 carry the Marvel NOW! branding and will includes codes for free digital copies of the collections via the Marvel Comics app:

• ALL-NEW X-MEN VOL. 1: YESTERDAY’S X-MEN PREMIERE HC
    • AVENGERS VOL. 1: AVENGERS WORLD PREMIERE HC
    • CAPTAIN AMERICA VOL. 1: CASTAWAY IN DIMENSION Z BOOK 1 PREMIERE HC
    • GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 1 PREMIERE HC
    • INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK VOL. 1: AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D. PREMIERE HC
    • IRON MAN VOL. 1: BELIEVE PREMIERE HC
    • NEW AVENGERS VOL. 1: EVERYTHING DIES PREMIERE HC
    • NOVA VOL. 1 PREMIERE HC
    • SAVAGE WOLVERINE VOL. 1 PREMIERE HC
    • THOR: GOD OF THUNDER VOL. 1 - THE GOD BUTCHER PREMIERE HC
    • UNCANNY AVENGERS VOL. 1: THE RED SHADOW PREMIERE HC
    • UNCANNY X-MEN VOL. 1: REVOLUTION PREMIERE HC

Each Marvel NOW! premiere hardcover collection features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.
    Those collections will probably also be available to buy on the same day as well, going by previous collections/graphic novels that had digital copies available.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Why do Marvel digital comics come out so late?

They're at least 7-8 hours later than DCs.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post

It is frustrating that they don't come out at like midnight, but at least I typically get them between 8-8:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post

Marvel is under the impression that releasing their digital comics before the brick-and-mortar stores open will cause the industry to collapse.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

The digital comics just came out at 9 AM Eastern, almost an hour and a half ago.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Wait, I thought Marvel was eliminating the “Premier” line?

Also Marvel has made a lot of mistakes with digital. I don’t think timing is one of them. Their books come out when most companies’ books do. If anything DC overcorrected; they went from putting out their comics several hours after everyone else to putting out their books several hours before everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Wait, I thought Marvel was eliminating the “Premier” line?
    They stopped the Premiere Classic line, which collected older material. The Premiere line is still going, but pared back a bit to some core books.

Mechanically Insane shadow panther's Avatar

any word on Marvel Infinite Comics? i got 4 of em so far

AvX 1
    AvX 6
    AvX 10
    Ultimate Spider-Man

have any other been made available?