Page 63 of 98 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but here's an offer for one month of MDCU free. All you have to do is sign up.

http://promotions.oovoo.com/promotio...igital-comics/

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Haven't seen this posted anywhere else yet but Marvel is now selling TPB's for the Kindle and the pricing is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by SF Doom View Post
    That is awesome. I have been wanting to sign up for a long time but I have been holding back because of the lack of iOS support. Do you have to get invited or do all MDCU members have access?
    To answer my own question, all members have the option to switch to the new browser. I just signed up for a MDCU subscription and under my account there is an option to switch between the old browser and the new beta browser. Works great on my iPad but there is some lag as someone previously posted.

Just realised there aren't much spider--woman issues available digitally.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by SF Doom View Post
    To answer my own question, all members have the option to switch to the new browser. I just signed up for a MDCU subscription and under my account there is an option to switch between the old browser and the new beta browser. Works great on my iPad but there is some lag as someone previously posted.
    Yeah, the beta browser really works better on the iPad than on a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Is there any way to revert back to the old reader after you join the beta? I'm using the new version, and it is absolutely terrible on my computer. There is no zoom function, no text magnification, and the smart panels are out of order. I can barely read comics now. I have to put my face almost directly in front of the screen just to read the text on the full page view. (BTW, using the zoom function on my browser won't work. I've tried it. The new app won't let it zoom in)
    I will also like to revert back to the old reader. The old reader is much more useful for me. I do not like the current beta reader.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

comixology is running a survey

fill it out, get a free comic.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    comixology is running a survey

fill it out, get a free comic.
    What's the 'surprise' free comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    What's the 'surprise' free comic?
    You get signed up for a free comic. A link will be emailed to you at a later date, if I remember correctly. Probably my little pony #1 director's cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    You get signed up for a free comic. A link will be emailed to you at a later date, if I remember correctly. Probably my little pony #1 director's cut.
    Yeah, that's EXACTLY the sort of freebie I was thinking they'd go with.

No thanks.

I did end up buying the Venom Circle of Four issues and the 2 issue of Si Spurrier's Extermination.

Thanks to SF Doom's post I was able to find the option to switch between the old and new reader. It's in the account settings for your sucscription. You should be able to change to the old reader as well, chongjasmine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Yeah, that's EXACTLY the sort of freebie I was thinking they'd go with.

No thanks.

I did end up buying the Venom Circle of Four issues and the 2 issue of Si Spurrier's Extermination.
    I can't really complain about their freebies... the 17 days of gifting has had top notch books for free. Just downloaded Masks #1 last night.

Was very happy to see the Venom series on sale yesterday as it's a series I've wanted to catch up on for some time. Got all of that and the Venom/Deadpool What If for just under $19, bargain really. Of course being from the UK the difference in currency means I actually get it for less, though there's a £1.50 charge with my bank for buying anything overseas, it seems. Thankfully it doesn't apply to the free comics.

Also I've loved the Days of Gifting - getting Avengers Assemble #1, Green Lantern #1, Action Comics #1, Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who #1, Fanboys vs Zombies #1, Archer and Armstrong #1, Masks #1 (never read the Pulp Heroes before, should be interesting) and Happy #1 all for free has been awesome.

Just an update to say that Comixology now has the #1's of Jason Aaron's Incredible Hulk, Ed Brubaker's relaunched Captain America and Avenging Spider-Man up for free for the next week, with the remaining issues in the arcs availiable for $1.99 each. You'll need to go to the Marvel Comics page to find them and look for the Comics Spotlight section.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    I can't really complain about their freebies... the 17 days of gifting has had top notch books for free. Just downloaded Masks #1 last night.
    True. But I have to wonder if those weren't given by the publishers. I'll take a look at the survey. If it isn't too much, I'll see and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Just an update to say that Comixology now has the #1's of Jason Aaron's Incredible Hulk, Ed Brubaker's relaunched Captain America and Avenging Spider-Man up for free for the next week, with the remaining issues in the arcs availiable for $1.99 each. You'll need to go to the Marvel Comics page to find them and look for the Comics Spotlight section.
    Thank you!