Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mistergoodman View Post
    Well, you can subscribe to the $4 paper comics from Marvel for 44% off, and use the digital codes. I did that for Amazing Spider-Man. Unfortunately, issues take a month to arrive... when they arrive at all.
    Exactly. Just not worth it because of the wait and/or non-arrival. I wish they would do this digitally through the app, not online.
    Last edited by aNamored; 10-16-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by rolacka View Post
    It is Comixology, rather than Marvel, that is not capable of doing subscriptions yet. I am sure the publishers would be pretty happy to implement them.
    I believe ComiXology has said that a problem is that Apple's billing software for their stores assumes fixed release dates (daily, weekly, monthly), whereas comics ship pretty irregularly, and are often late. DC could probably make it work. Marvel... not so much.
    -Goodman

Comics reader since 1974. Now purchasing 100% of my comics digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by mistergoodman View Post
    I believe ComiXology has said that a problem is that Apple's billing software for their stores assumes fixed release dates (daily, weekly, monthly), whereas comics ship pretty irregularly, and are often late. DC could probably make it work. Marvel... not so much.
    That sounds like it is true. It would be great if there were some way to implement it by buying a block.

Personally I would love to buy Comixology Credit. So you pay in advance and then you use your credit to buy comics. Maybe they could do deals like if you have a standing order of $25 a month and they give you $30 to spend.
    Chew, Daredevil, Fatale, Mind The Gap, The Sixth Gun and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    Exactly. Just not worth it because of the wait and/or non-arrival. I wish they would do this digitally through the app, not online.
    Not worth it for actual Marvel subscriptions, but other online preorder sites are great. DCBS has Marvel at least 40% off and they at least give you a tracking number for your shipment...

Default Marvel Zombies $0.99 Sale on Comixology

Comixology has a $0.99 sale on most of the Marvel Zombies comics.

I was just wondering what people thought of the books. Are they a fun read and worth the $0.99? I'm guessing you can't take them too seriously and I'm fine with that. Just want some people's feedback on the series. I don't buy much Marvel because of their prices not reducing monthly like DC's and their biweekly sales on series but I always like to take a look when I see a sale.
    My Current Top 10: The Walking Dead, Wolverine and the X-Men, Aquaman, Batman, Uncanny Avengers, Invincible, Thor: God of Thunder, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men and New Avengers

Very tempted to get these ...

Default What the hell just happened to the app?

I have a problem. A big problem.

You see, I live in the EU, and comic shops are really overpriced. Thankfully, eventually, I found the digital store. but now, the problem. When I last checked my iPad, all of the comics have upped their prices, by, as far as I can see:

10c for 79 (99) cent comics,
    20c for 1.59 (1.99) euro comics,
    30c for 2.39 (2.99) euro comics,
    50c for 4.99 (5.99) euro comics,
    And 60c for 2.99 (3.99) euro comics.

At first, that mightn't seem so bad, but I did the converting and that's about 1.15 dollars for a 99c, 2.30 dollars for a 1.99$, 3.47 for a 2.99$, 4.76 for a 3.99$ and 7.09 (yup.) for the 5.99$ comic. If any of you guys had to pay that much to get ANY comic, you'd be majorly annoyed too. I'm a teen; I can't afford this crap, and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to make my EVERY purchase through the website, as opposed to the app.

And, most of all, why the HELL has this happened and has it happened to anyone else?

-R2000.

I'm in the States, but I read something about the App store upping prices over there.

See here for more.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengan2000 View Post
    I have a problem. A big problem.

You see, I live in the EU, and comic shops are really overpriced. Thankfully, eventually, I found the digital store. but now, the problem. When I last checked my iPad, all of the comics have upped their prices, by, as far as I can see:

10c for 79 (99) cent comics,
    20c for 1.59 (1.99) euro comics,
    30c for 2.39 (2.99) euro comics,
    50c for 4.99 (5.99) euro comics,
    And 60c for 2.99 (3.99) euro comics.

At first, that mightn't seem so bad, but I did the converting and that's about 1.15 dollars for a 99c, 2.30 dollars for a 1.99$, 3.47 for a 2.99$, 4.76 for a 3.99$ and 7.09 (yup.) for the 5.99$ comic. If any of you guys had to pay that much to get ANY comic, you'd be majorly annoyed too. I'm a teen; I can't afford this crap, and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to make my EVERY purchase through the website, as opposed to the app.

And, most of all, why the HELL has this happened and has it happened to anyone else?

-R2000.
    I'm in the UK and use the android app rather than the Apple store. You could try the Comixology website. For me it charges 1 per transaction, but you can buy multiple comics in one transaction so if you buy enough (say in a sale) it might work out cheaper.
    Chew, Daredevil, Fatale, Mind The Gap, The Sixth Gun and The Walking Dead

Has Marvel ever given an excuse to why they don't drop the price of their digital comics by $ 1 after the first month like other publishers? I don't understand why they wouldn't, it seems to me they are missing out on a large audience cause they are trying to charge the same price for digital that they charge for physical + digital. I figure that after the initial sales month sales drop drastically and people are either waiting for a price drop or they forget about a comic altogether.
    My Current Top 10: The Walking Dead, Wolverine and the X-Men, Aquaman, Batman, Uncanny Avengers, Invincible, Thor: God of Thunder, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men and New Avengers

Did anyone else jump on yesterday's one-day-sale on Annihilation: Conquest and the associated tie-ins? They have done well with sales on the DnA era cosmic books lately. In the past few months I've picked up all of Annihilation, Nova, Annihilatioin: Conquest, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Thanos Imperative for $.99 with a few exceptions (and four issues that were previously free that had already been downloaded).
    Last edited by jarvisjackrabbit; 11-03-2012 at 06:36 AM.

^ I was tempted to, but ultimately didn't. I like that Marvel does their .99cent sales, even if it's rarely something that I myself take part in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Has Marvel ever given an excuse to why they don't drop the price of their digital comics by $ 1 after the first month like other publishers? I don't understand why they wouldn't, it seems to me they are missing out on a large audience cause they are trying to charge the same price for digital that they charge for physical + digital. I figure that after the initial sales month sales drop drastically and people are either waiting for a price drop or they forget about a comic altogether.
    I think the official line is that the price of the physical books doesn’t drop after a month so having the digital books do so would hurt retailers. I eagerly await their explanation as to why I’m not able to get digital copies of unpopular comics from the 90s and the 00s for a quarter.

(And most publishers cut their prices to $1.99 after the first month. DC only reduces it by a dollar.)

I’ve yet to really care about any of Marvel’s 99 cent sales. The material is so old that its generally on Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited already. Considering how long it takes for things to be completed on MDCU, odds are that I’ve already bought a physical copy if I really wanted to read them.
    New and improved me. Now with a CAPITAL B.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    I think the official line is that the price of the physical books doesn’t drop after a month so having the digital books do so would hurt retailers. I eagerly await their explanation as to why I’m not able to get digital copies of unpopular comics from the 90s and the 00s for a quarter.
    It's a bit silly though. I can't find Amazing Spider-Man 690 in any of my local stores at all. It's 7 issues back and it's no longer in stock. And if I go online to look at sites like eBay, I can find quite a few sellers who will sell the book and digital code for $2.

Yet it's still $3.99 for just the digital copy. Marvel is literally the only seller I have access to selling it at $3.99. In fact Marvel is charging $3.99 all the way back to ASM #682.

So... Monday sale is all about Deadpool today? :/