Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Marvel Cosmic Continues In "Annihilators: Earthfall"

Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning take their team of big name Marvel Cosmic heroes and pit them against the Mighty Avengers in the upcoming "Annihilators: Earthfall" -ĀSpamthe next phase in the fan favorite publishing line.

Full article here.

This looks and sounds good -- although any battle between the teams that ends with anything other than the Annihilators slapping the Avengers silly it will be disappointing.

Break yoself FOOL! GalactaSurfer's Avatar

ARG! The interor artist is an instant fail! As much as I would love to get behind this the art is going to irk me.
    VESCELL - Sexy Sci-Fi Noir
    Trailer

Well, this is a total pass for me. Tan Eng Huat, no thanks.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

Straight Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    Well, this is a total pass for me. Tan Eng Huat, no thanks.
    Agreed. He's good on a gritty book like Punisher, but not for this.
    Plus, I still don't care enough about this group of Cosmic characters. Same reason I passed on the previous mini.
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

My concern for this is that the Annihilators will be jobbed to make the Avengers look better, or come out of it looking like morons. Any time these cosmic characters come to Earth, they pretty much get punked just to make the heroes look superior.

BANNED

Marvel Cosmic should dive into a black hole. This attempt to tie to Avengers is just sad.

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Absolutely vital..

I hope Beta Ray and the Surfer will get ridd of this team as soon as possible..both would be perfect for a DEFENDERS title, or BRB in a FORCE WORKS reboot, why not ?

Anyway..
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

Quote Originally Posted by GalactaSurfer View Post
    ARG! The interor artist is an instant fail! As much as I would love to get behind this the art is going to irk me.
    Huat sucks!

I just heard the sound of Marvel cosmic dying. I will purchase it, however, I do not see not cosmic fans jumping on after seeing the horrible art.

Marvel should have given their cosmic stuff the best chance to flourish and gain a lot of new fans with this series. Huat was not the right choice.

Uggghhh!

Jimmy

Aha! Just like I called it. Gladiator is going to Job to Wolverine. Well, at least Bendis is not writting it, so I might as well shut up and enjoy the moment. Tan Eng Huat is far from being my choice for this, but I can live with it. Looking foward to this.

Peace

gerbil on a wheel SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YouthofToday View Post
    Agreed. He's good on a gritty book like Punisher, but not for this.
    Plus, I still don't care enough about this group of Cosmic characters. Same reason I passed on the previous mini.
    Yeah. Tan Eng Huat is a very strange choice for this book.

Decisions on artists aren't made in a vacuum. Some artists were probably too expensive (based on anticipated sales of the series), some probably weren't available, and some, believe it or not, may not have been interested.

I can put up with a lot when it comes to art. So the Surfer has ears, big deal.

What I can't put up with are lame, uninteresting, and mostly second-tier cosmic characters. Simply being powerful doesn't make a character cool or fun to read about. DnA killed off most of those ones in Thanos Imperative. Instead we get the Annihilators team that a miniseries has already proved is dull as freaking dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by jsf View Post
    This looks and sounds good -- although any battle between the teams that ends with anything other than the Annihilators slapping the Avengers silly it will be disappointing.
    This sounds pretty awesome. I was unfamiliar with the artist so I googled him. Not my favorite art, but not so bad that it would keep me from picking this up and enjoying it if it is well written.

Oh and it's not as much of a Curbstomp as you may think. Just look at it this way:

Quasar vs. Ms. Marvel
    Beta Ray Bill vs. The Protector
    Gladiator vs. Red Hulk
    The Silver Surfer vs. Thor
    Ronan the Accuser vs. Iron Man
    Ikon vs. Wolverine, Spider-Man, & Captain America

The Annihilators wouldn't necessarily be jobbing to the Avengers if they lose the fight...they're out-numbered. Even if they're more powerful as a whole than the Avengers it might not be enough to make a difference. The Red Hulk would give Gladiator trouble and Thor has beaten the Surfer before. The Protector is pretty much "Captain Marvel", so he's powerful enough to give Beta Ray Bill trouble. This will be a good fight if it's written correctly.
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

At least the price dropped a buck. That's gotta count for something...unless the R&G back-up is less pages...hope not.
    Last edited by stingerman; 06-10-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Break yoself FOOL! GalactaSurfer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 40yearoldnovafan View Post
    Huat sucks!

I just heard the sound of Marvel cosmic dying. I will purchase it, however, I do not see not cosmic fans jumping on after seeing the horrible art.

Marvel should have given their cosmic stuff the best chance to flourish and gain a lot of new fans with this series. Huat was not the right choice.

Uggghhh!

Jimmy
    He not a bad artist and his art is fitting for certain kinds of titles but cosmic is not one of them. There are tons of artist that fit the cosmic scene. There were alot of them on the cosmic lines before the titles were canceled. Where's Andrea Divito or Sean Chen?
    VESCELL - Sexy Sci-Fi Noir
    Trailer