Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,899

    Default CBR: PREVIEW: "Fear Itself" #4

    Courtesy of Marvel Comics, CBR News presents an unlettered preview of "Fear Itself" #4 by Matt Fraction and Stuart Immonen. With the country in flames, Steve Rogers enters the fray on July 20, 2011.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Courtesy of Marvel Comics, CBR News presents an unlettered preview of "Fear Itself" #4 by Matt Fraction and Stuart Immonen. With the country in flames, Steve Rogers enters the fray on July 20, 2011.


    Full article here.
    With all the battles raging, you wouldn't think Steve would feel he had time for moping or a costume change. Just pick up the shield and jump into the fight, man!

  3. #3
    Bishop was right. Sighphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14,147

    Default

    Wait... cyclops finally turns evil and starts wearing a Magneto-like getup?
    Is this event finally picking up?

    BTW, The Steve put that Cap costume real quick. Buck gets no respect even in death.

  4. #4
    Enjoy KAPOW! Metal Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    With all the battles raging, you wouldn't think Steve would feel he had time for moping or a costume change. Just pick up the shield and jump into the fight, man!
    Yeah, I can understand Steve having a harder time with Bucky's death but he should know better than anyone that the longer he waits the more people will die.

    And Thor? Dude looks like he got a less-than-friendly welcome to Earth.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    With all the battles raging, you wouldn't think Steve would feel he had time for moping or a costume change. Just pick up the shield and jump into the fight, man!
    For real... I was also hoping for a little variation in the costume. Nothing as drastic as Bucky's version, but SOMETHING.

  6. #6
    New Member JeffCram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    With all the battles raging, you wouldn't think Steve would feel he had time for moping or a costume change. Just pick up the shield and jump into the fight, man!
    Aw, he only "moped" for a panel! I think that's pretty short for what's no doubt spinning through his head. He's gotta be worried about Buck, and the whole fear things is weighing on everyone.

    A panel of contemplation seems appropriate to me. *shrug*
    Check out my work at http://jefflcl.deviantart.com Also, my art blog: http://cramnation.blogspot.com/

  7. #7
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Wait... cyclops finally turns evil and starts wearing a Magneto-like getup?
    Is this event finally picking up?

    BTW, The Steve put that Cap costume real quick. Buck gets no respect even in death.
    Nah, just another funky variant cover featuring nothing actually happening inside any comic anywhere.

    Although the idea of Onslaught possessing Cyclops does have a certain appeal.

  8. #8
    Bishop was right. Sighphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Nah, just another funky variant cover featuring nothing actually happening inside any comic anywhere.

    Although the idea of Onslaught possessing Cyclops does have a certain appeal.
    I thought for a second that this was a variant but that just brought up that same question. This has nothing to do with the event, why would it be a variant? So i thought he was some other chosen left out as a surprise.

  9. #9
    Pedrocas Pedrocas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Setúbal, Portugal
    Posts
    600

    Default

    I'm going to say it right now: 2011 best comic page!


  10. #10
    T.S.O.T.I. Hulk_Is's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Waiting 4 comix...
    Posts
    8,804

    Default

    Yes! Ol' Steve's back in the suit!
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

    DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

  11. #11
    T.S.O.T.I. Hulk_Is's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Waiting 4 comix...
    Posts
    8,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    With all the battles raging, you wouldn't think Steve would feel he had time for moping or a costume change. Just pick up the shield and jump into the fight, man!
    Yeah, I've noticed alot of sequences don't exactly match up with the supposed peril that we see. Oh well, some people don't know how to script these thing's well I guess.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

    DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

  12. #12
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,512

    Default

    I know this is a nit, but .... I really wish the comics would stop trying to copy / line up with the movies. The page with Thor dropping out of a wormhole and into the desert is right out of the movie.

  13. #13
    T.S.O.T.I. Hulk_Is's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Waiting 4 comix...
    Posts
    8,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I know this is a nit, but .... I really wish the comics would stop trying to copy / line up with the movies. The page with Thor dropping out of a wormhole and into the desert is right out of the movie.
    I noticed that too. But this is one of those instances IMO where it's kinda cool in the sense that a newbie that's picked this up might get excited about the correlation and/or a regular reader like us could share that panel with someone new. Plus, it's kinda brief.

    But, in general, yeah, I'm not a fan of the mimicry.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

    DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

  14. #14
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I thought for a second that this was a variant but that just brought up that same question. This has nothing to do with the event, why would it be a variant? So i thought he was some other chosen left out as a surprise.
    They've been doing variants that had nothing to do with the book they're for for months and months now. Hadn't you noticed?

  15. #15
    Junior Member TheboyinShadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    getting serious now
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    I noticed that too. But this is one of those instances IMO where it's kinda cool in the sense that a newbie that's picked this up might get excited about the correlation and/or a regular reader like us could share that panel with someone new. Plus, it's kinda brief.

    But, in general, yeah, I'm not a fan of the mimicry.
    I second that the lack of originality will always bother me.
    This seems to happen more often these days or it seems like that only for me
    but if the overall book is good I'm willing to ignore a few stolen elements.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •