Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: PREVIEW: "Fear Itself" #4

Courtesy of Marvel Comics, CBR News presents an unlettered preview of "Fear Itself" #4 by Matt Fraction and Stuart Immonen. With the country in flames, Steve Rogers enters the fray on July 20, 2011.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Courtesy of Marvel Comics, CBR News presents an unlettered preview of "Fear Itself" #4 by Matt Fraction and Stuart Immonen. With the country in flames, Steve Rogers enters the fray on July 20, 2011.

Full article here.
    With all the battles raging, you wouldn't think Steve would feel he had time for moping or a costume change. Just pick up the shield and jump into the fight, man!

Wait... cyclops finally turns evil and starts wearing a Magneto-like getup?
    Is this event finally picking up?

BTW, The Steve put that Cap costume real quick. Buck gets no respect even in death.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    With all the battles raging, you wouldn't think Steve would feel he had time for moping or a costume change. Just pick up the shield and jump into the fight, man!
    Yeah, I can understand Steve having a harder time with Bucky's death but he should know better than anyone that the longer he waits the more people will die.

And Thor? Dude looks like he got a less-than-friendly welcome to Earth.

For real... I was also hoping for a little variation in the costume. Nothing as drastic as Bucky's version, but SOMETHING.

Aw, he only "moped" for a panel! I think that's pretty short for what's no doubt spinning through his head. He's gotta be worried about Buck, and the whole fear things is weighing on everyone.

A panel of contemplation seems appropriate to me. *shrug*
    Check out my work at http://jefflcl.deviantart.com Also, my art blog: http://cramnation.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Wait... cyclops finally turns evil and starts wearing a Magneto-like getup?
    Is this event finally picking up?

BTW, The Steve put that Cap costume real quick. Buck gets no respect even in death.
    Nah, just another funky variant cover featuring nothing actually happening inside any comic anywhere.

Although the idea of Onslaught possessing Cyclops does have a certain appeal.

Nah, just another funky variant cover featuring nothing actually happening inside any comic anywhere.

Although the idea of Onslaught possessing Cyclops does have a certain appeal.
    I thought for a second that this was a variant but that just brought up that same question. This has nothing to do with the event, why would it be a variant? So i thought he was some other chosen left out as a surprise.

I'm going to say it right now: 2011 best comic page!

Yes! Ol' Steve's back in the suit!
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Yeah, I've noticed alot of sequences don't exactly match up with the supposed peril that we see. Oh well, some people don't know how to script these thing's well I guess.

I know this is a nit, but .... I really wish the comics would stop trying to copy / line up with the movies. The page with Thor dropping out of a wormhole and into the desert is right out of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I know this is a nit, but .... I really wish the comics would stop trying to copy / line up with the movies. The page with Thor dropping out of a wormhole and into the desert is right out of the movie.
    I noticed that too. But this is one of those instances IMO where it's kinda cool in the sense that a newbie that's picked this up might get excited about the correlation and/or a regular reader like us could share that panel with someone new. Plus, it's kinda brief.

But, in general, yeah, I'm not a fan of the mimicry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I thought for a second that this was a variant but that just brought up that same question. This has nothing to do with the event, why would it be a variant? So i thought he was some other chosen left out as a surprise.
    They've been doing variants that had nothing to do with the book they're for for months and months now. Hadn't you noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    I noticed that too. But this is one of those instances IMO where it's kinda cool in the sense that a newbie that's picked this up might get excited about the correlation and/or a regular reader like us could share that panel with someone new. Plus, it's kinda brief.

But, in general, yeah, I'm not a fan of the mimicry.
    I second that the lack of originality will always bother me.
    This seems to happen more often these days or it seems like that only for me
    but if the overall book is good I'm willing to ignore a few stolen elements.