Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So...no James Robinson?

I thought for sure one of the new titles would be Starman #1.

He was supposed to be on Hawkman, but that's not happening now...

I wonder what happened to him?

People at DC finally got round to reading CFJ.

The hate drove him away?

Seriously, I think that it's because of the relaunch. Robinson's really into the Golden- and Silver Age stuff, so a hevily rebooted universe might not be what he wants to write.
    I. AM. THE. NEW. GOD.
    Across countless worlds, for countless eons, not a voice is raised in hope or joy.
    Across these worlds, these infinite lands throughout the cosmos, there is only Darkseid.

He might have had his MISSES, but Robinson is a better writer than Tony Daniel, who got the Hawkman pitch.

Robinson, when he is on, can make me feel emotion with his writing, while no personal offence to Tony Daniel, his writing reeks of cliches and poorly executed plots.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    People at DC finally got round to reading CFJ.
    Hahahaha... The image of Dan Didio, Jim Lee and Geoff Johns all sitting in a room, silent, until one of them says "Wait, wait, wait?! We published this?! $&#@ guys, we really need to start paying attention" just made me crack up.

I think he will still be doing something in the DCnU. In one of his last on-line intereviews, I remember he said the first issue of the SHADE maxi-series will come out before the end of the year. He also said, at a convention, recently that Justice League Africa story line will be out after FLASHPOINT.

However, James Robinson not writing HAWKMAN is a little disconcerting. He said that HAWKMAN was one of his favorite characters. I wonder what is the story behind him not involved in writing the HAWKMAN title.

He is probably going to write the new JSA title. If there is one. I assume there will be a new JSA title, because it wasn't that long ago that JSA was good for two monthly titles. Too bad the quality slipped.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Plus, how many of these titles will be chopped by March/April next year? Making room for new titles and writers.

Mr Terrific is doomed.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

I'm betting that DC's counting on some of these books to fail and have other writers and artists working on other titles that will replace them... sneaky bastards...
    I. AM. THE. NEW. GOD.
    Across countless worlds, for countless eons, not a voice is raised in hope or joy.
    Across these worlds, these infinite lands throughout the cosmos, there is only Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Hahahaha... The image of Dan Didio, Jim Lee and Geoff Johns all sitting in a room, silent, until one of them says "Wait, wait, wait?! We published this?! $&#@ guys, we really need to start paying attention" just made me crack up.
    Published???? We told him to do this, would be more acurate.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    The same could be done with Didio's work on Outsiders.
    Hobos frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl O'Neill View Post
    Plus, how many of these titles will be chopped by March/April next year? Making room for new titles and writers.

Mr Terrific is doomed.
    I hope everything out of the DC-bacle dies.

I loathe this. This is not the way to do a reboot.

Although, it's better than Acclaim's reboot of the Valiant universe.
    Yes, I hate everything [REDACTED BY ORDER OF CBR] has written.

gaze upon the face of war PastePotPete's Avatar

Thank you, James Robinson, for your 1990s run on Starman.

And that's all.

Seriously, you can go. Thanks.
    "People don't want questions. They want answers." -- Plato to Socrates, right before he drank the poison

I battled a giant otter. d0dg3r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bookwriter View Post
    However, James Robinson not writing HAWKMAN is a little disconcerting. He said that HAWKMAN was one of his favorite characters. I wonder what is the story behind him not involved in writing the HAWKMAN title.
    From what I can gather The Savage Hawkman (GRRR!) sounds like an actual reboot. Characters with names of the old characters, in situations similar to what's been written, but utterly scrubbed of all previously written stories. Not sure how much that upsets the JSA apple cart but it sounds like something that would be anathema to Robinson.

As soon as I saw Tony Daniel's name on that SAVAGE HAWKMAN book, I had a real feeling Robinson would not be a part of the relaunch at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Uxas View Post
    I'm betting that DC's counting on some of these books to fail and have other writers and artists working on other titles that will replace them... sneaky bastards...
    Or perhaps they're part of some....fantastical business entity that has an always changing line-up of stories and characters that are continually and semi-consistantly created for public consumption on an varying and evolving publishing schedule....

Perhaps.