Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Jurgens Takes Aim at "Green Arrow," "Justice League International"

Dan Jurgens spoke with CBR News about writing the adventures of the new "Justice League International" while illustrating a revamped "Green Arrow" as part of DC Comics line-wide September relaunch.

Full article here.

BANNED

So the girl in blakc is the new character from the Flashpoint world who just turned up in Booster Gold and got a lot of focus.

Please god not another Mary Sue

Justice League Generation Lost was one of the few DC books i actually liked, for the most part because of the mix of characters. this version doesn't even interest me enough to get the first issue to see if i'd like it. shoulda stuck with what worked in my opinion.
    a/(1-1) - a/0

they way they're peppering existing teams with wildstorm characters and vice versa (see j'onn j'onnz in stormwatch, rose tattoo in birds of prey) it wouldn't surprise me if thats jakita wagner

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

OK Jakita Wagner would be AWESOME! However what is the point if this new JLI is a "serious" comic? That WASN'T what made JLI the beloved comic it was! The reason I dumped JLI:Generation Lost halfway through was because it had the RIGHT characters but with completely the wrong feel and far TOO serious!

I can already see where this is going. Booster Gold will make a crack and then Batman (please get rid of him from this book pronto!) will say, "This isn't like it USED to be Booster! People are DYING and your cracking JOKES!!" If THAT'S the direction JLI is going in then count me OUT from the get-go.
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 06-09-2011 at 06:45 AM. Reason: edit
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

With blue beetle it would have been a almost,most buy.

Where wil be Blue Beetle?

j'onn j'onnz in stormwatch?

I must say I do enjoy knowing that this new version of the Justice League International will take a great interest on the term international in this new series.

Originally made d wrong post in wrong thread...hopefully Freedom Beast cums bak.

But watever happened 2 Suicide Squad?

Would b nice 2 c Bronze Tiger's re-design.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 06-09-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Should have asked if Power Girl was going to be in the line-up.

Mixing Prev WS characters into the DCU was inevitable and welcome IMO.

I like Jurgens but this 2 titles aren't nearly as intriguing as others and at least at this point aren't making he cut for me. Not bad but lacking sizzle at this point.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Love Jurgens and both these books look awesome

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
    Should have asked if Power Girl was going to be in the line-up.
    If that is indeed Jakita Wagner previously from Planetary then she would be taking Power Girl's role in the JLI as the bad-@$$ feminist powerhouse, since PG will probably still have her solo title.

Going further from my previous point I just remembered that the reason the JLE (Justice League Europe) FAILED as a comic and was cancelled was specifically because it was too serious in comparison to the JLI. From JL:GL it seems like they have taken the formerly funny cast of beloved JLI'ers and have given them the dour sensibility of the JLE. That my friends is a recipe for relatively quick cancellation just by looking at the above history.

DC has far too many editors & writers over there that ALWAYS want to go too dark with their comics. DC, is it a CRIME to have a small handful of books that are positive, funny, and remind some of us that comics can be positively enjoyable w/out constant doom, gloom, depression, & angst?
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I would've bought this if it was the same line-up and same creators as Generation Lost but yet again DC has to mess with something that didn't need to be messed with.
    Hobos frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread.

What are the chances that our new black haired character is Flashpoint Amazon Resistance leader Lois Lane?

I like everything I'm hearing regarding JLI. I've been a Dan Jurgens fan for literally decades (yow I'm old) and I'm really excited to get my hands on the book. I'll definitely try Green Arrow as well if he's doing the art, but I don't know that I've read anything by Mr. Krul.