Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so will Pete's ultimate fate be reflected in the cartoon show?
    Episode 1: The Death of Spider-Man
    Episode 2: We should have thought this through

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSpider-Fan View Post
    (Ultimate Spider-Man #160 spoilers) Isn't it stupid to make a TV show about spoilers:
    A character who is going to die?
    end of spoilers
    I agree completely. If Marvel wants to make a show that will have cross-marketing potential, then this is a bone-headed move. Anyone who sees the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and then picks up the comic is sure to be confused and a little disgusted. Plus, it's supposed to be a kids show like the Avengers cartoon. Having a show like that and a death theme just doesn't seems to mesh well in my opinion. I think Marvel is making a huge mistake by throwing "Ultimate" into the mix because Ultimate has been so warped and destroyed that anyone who may become interested in Ultimate titles is likely to be disappointed. By and large, I've found that fans get disappointed when they find out the characters they care about are dead in the books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Episode 1: The Death of Spider-Man
    Episode 2: We should have thought this through
    Best first (and last) season ever!

WARNING: USM #160 SPOILERS AHEAD:

In all seriousness, even if spoilers:
    Peter didn't die in #160
    end of spoilers, the show wasn't going to look much like the comic. It will very possibly resemble the early days of Ultimate Spider-man, and that's still somewhere that LCS owners can point people coming in because of the cartoon. But they can also point them to other Spider-man books where Peter is still Spider-man - Amazing, Marvel Adventures, and whatever else might be going on at the time. And if these people would have been smart enough to figure out the Ultimate book had a different continuity than the show (because it would have), then they'll be smart enough to figure out that Amazing Spider-man is still Spider-man, even though it doesn't say Ultimate on it.

The truth is, though, I don't think a lot of people are really going to get into comics because of the TV show. The crossover doesn't happen nearly as much as would be ideal, even for the major motion pictures that are seen by far more people than the cartoon shows.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

I honestly don't think Pete's quite all that dead simply because this show is coming up. The show is about Peter working for SHIELD, right? The last 10 issues or so of USM have been about him training to work for SHIELD, right?

Quickie resurrection, Peter's working for SHIELD, just like in the cartoon. Boom. Done. Bendis is writing both, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    I honestly don't think Pete's quite all that dead simply because this show is coming up. The show is about Peter working for SHIELD, right? The last 10 issues or so of USM have been about him training to work for SHIELD, right?

Quickie resurrection, Peter's working for SHIELD, just like in the cartoon. Boom. Done. Bendis is writing both, anyway.
    No, it's going to be someone else under the mask.

Besides, the show will be doing it's own thing, so what's happening in the comics won't affect it. It's a non issue really.

Wouldn't the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon be in the same continuity as Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Chris Yost isn't handling Ultimate Spider-Man so i honestly doubt it, the reason Wolverine & the X-Men and Avengers share continuity is simply because Yost was handling it.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Default Ultimate Spider-Man TAS

The cast of the animated series has been released:

Vincent Martella: Peter Parker / Spider-Man (5 episodes, 2011-2012)
    Josh Keaton: Peter Parker / Spider-Man / The Human Torch (6 episodes, 2011-2012)

Danielle Judovits: Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat (10 episodes, 2011-2012)

Colleen O'Shaughnessey: Gwen Stacy / The Wasp (10 episodes, 2011-2012)

Topher Grace: Eddie Brock (6 episodes, 2011-2012)

J.K. Simmons: J. Jonah Jameson (6 episodes, 2011-2012)

Cindy Robinson: Mary Jane Watson / Dr.Ashley Kafka (5 episodes, 2011-2012)

James Arnold Taylor: Harry Osborn / Hawkeye (5 episodes, 2011-2012)

Troy Baker: Abraham Whistler / Mysterio (5 episodes, 2012)

Yuri Lowenthal: Bobby Drake / Iceman (5 episodes, 2012)

Avery Waddell: Nick Fury (5 episodes, 2012)

Laura Bailey: Firestar / Titania (4 episodes, 2012)

Kyle Hebert: Kenny Kong (3 episodes, 2011-2012)

Kevin Michael Richardson: Robbie Robertson

Tony Todd: Blade

Johnny Whitworth: Blackout

Danny Cooksey: Flash Thompson

Michael Sinterniklaas: Carnage (3 episodes, 2011-2012)

Rick D. Wasserman: Absorbing-Man (3 episodes, 2012)

Jason Marsden: Electro (2 episodes, 2011-2012)

Vyvan Pham: Liz Allen (2 episodes, 2011-2012)

Charles Adler: Crimson Dynamo / Radioactive Man / Dr. Octopus (2 episodes, 2012)

ZoŽ Kravitz: Gloria Grant (2 episodes, 2012)

Fred Tatasciore: The Hulk (2 episodes, 2012)

Wally Wingert: Henry Pym / Ant Man

Sam Witwer: Mac Gargan / The Scorpion

Kelly Hu: Betty Brant

Troy Baker: David Cannon / Whirlwind / Doctor Doom / Clay Quartermain

Robin Atkin Downes: Emil Blonsky / Abomination

Gary Anthony Sturgis: Hobbie Brown / The Prowler

Travis Willingham: Thor / Skurge the Executioner

Jim Cummings: Kraven the Hunter

John Di Maggio: Sandman

Robert Englund: Vulture

Rick D. Wasserman: Rhino

Grey DeLisle: Maria Hill / Lucia von Bardas

Brian Bloom: Steve Rogers / Captain America

Miguel Ferrer: Silvermane

Marion Ross: Aunt May

Frank Welker: Wilson Fisk / The Kingpin

PLOT/EPISODE LISTS:

Season 1, Episode 2: Responsibilities:
    Venom returns and threatens Peter to give up being Spider-Man so that it stops him from ditching his friends. However, a red alien symbiote bonds with Eddie Brock's former cell mate Cletus Kasady, turning him into Carnage as he and Electro abduct some of Peter'friends.

Season 1, Episode 3: Teamwork:
    With almost all the Avengers along with Peter Parker's closest friends abducted by Carnage and his gang of super villains, Spider-Man and Wasp gather a small group of teen heroes along with Venom to stop this threat and for Spider-Man to prove that he is a true hero.

Season 1, Episode 4: The Right Way:
    After getting hold of dangerous technology, Hobie uses to help Spider-Man as the Prowler!

Season 1, Episode 5: Line of Defense:
    With the Avengers away on a mission, Spider-Man and his friends must help Wasp protect the Avengers Mansion from being attacked by the Absorbing Man and Titania.

Season 1, Episode 6: Return of the Sinister Six:
    As Spider-Man and his team mates have trouble getting along, the Sinister Six return and now the team has to work together to stop them.

Season 1, Episode 7: Rivalry of Doom:
    When Spider-Man and Human Torch race around the city to see whose fastest, Doctor Doom and his forces search the city for a powerful source of energy.

Return of the Green Goblin:
    With the Green Goblin coming out of hiding Spider-Man and his team along with the Avengers have to take him and his massive new crime empire down and bring Osborn in to S.H.I.E.L.D., but will Spider-Man manage to defeat him before the Goblin gets away again?

The Kingpin:
    When word gets out that a gang war between the Kingpin and Silvermane is about to come, Spider-Man and his team must find a way to stop it.

Vampire Hunt:
    When a mysterious vampire name Blackout arrives in Manhattan New York causing terror around the Sara D. Roosevelt Park, Blade arrives to help assist Spider-Man and his team on taking down this shadowy threat.

source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=41432

It appears with this list that this animated serie isn't canon at all with the Ultimate Universe.
    Last edited by Captain France; 07-11-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Kafucker? Good luck getting that past the censors Marvel.

Also "Venom returns..." makes it sound almost like a continuation of SSM, not to mention Cletus is in it instead of Gwen Carnage.

If this list is correct there wasn't any reason to call this show Ultimate Spider-Man. It has nothing of the Ultimate Spider-Man comic in it (,except Samual L. Jackson Furry).
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 07-11-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Elder Member

Same universe as Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes? NNNOOO!!!

It seems there is a good chance this info is false, because it seems the info came from IMDB.
    I also saw it there a month or so ago.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 07-11-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowsabre7 View Post
    Kafucker? Good luck getting that past the censors Marvel.
    It's Kafka in fact, it was an auto-correction on the cbm website lol

Straight Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Captain France View Post

It appears with this list that this animated serie isn't canon at all with the Ultimate Universe.
    I never thought it was going to be. I figured they were just using the name and maybe some of the concepts, but not a straight adaptation of the comic.

I'd love to see this have some connection to the Avengers cartoon.
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

Elder Member

Apparently its the same universe