Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I know. Those two are ticking me off.

The guy voicing Spidey also does Phineas from Phineas and Ferb, right? (as well as Chris' white friend from Everybody Hates Chris)
    No, Josh Keaton (Voiced Spider-Man in The Spectacular Spider-Man) is voicing Spider-Man, Phineas is voiced by Vincent Martella

EDIT: Wait why are there two voice actors for Spidey?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    No, Josh Keaton (Voiced Spider-Man in The Spectacular Spider-Man) is voicing Spider-Man, Phineas is voiced by Vincent Martella

EDIT: Wait why are there two voice actors for Spidey?
    Oh, ok. I thought I read something and I was like, "Really?" Thanks for correcting me. wyokid.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Wait, Wyokid...don't you mean Sean Marquette?
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Quote Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
    Hey, I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that the Doom Patrol episode was fucking stupid. I'm not arguing semantics with you here because quite frankly it's irrelevant if the show does it with all the subtlety of a dump truck.
    Is someone getting mad over a internet debate? Also what was so bad about the episode? It showed heroism and showed everyone is egual despite if you look like a social mistfit, it was done with love and care for the comic book characters. Wherers your anger towards how BTAS that you claim does everything for love and care when they ruinesd their own villains and whatnot? Biased man is biased.

I've never watched The Batman, so I can't give an accurate comparison. Going off of Wikipedia, it seems the majority of those Emmys are for sound editing, so I'm not really sure that counts for much.
    Ah so the emmy awards *you* care about are what matters, once again you decide to make your rules matter in this little debate. Kevin Michael Richardson also received an actual nomination for his Joker performance, does that make him better than Hamill? Also Conroy only received a nomination for his Old Bruce Wayne voice, not Batman.
    I'll give you that one for the Wayne murder. I remember the episode vaguely, but I didn't remember a full on-screen shooting.
    What about all the other examples i've given? Like how Martian Manhunter's arm is ripped off and thrown infront of the audience screen, or how Batman drinks Black Mask's blood? What about all the other examples.

How exactly are the characters being ruined?
    All Clayface's appearences had to do with him wanting to cure himself, then oh boy suddenly he just becomes a normal thug he steals stuff, weak.

Two-Face is a dramatic character who wanted to do good, the two-face side was the rougher side of justice like an anti-hero, but oh boy did they turn him into a mere thug aswell and then ultimately declared his other half evil as he gained his 3rd personality. He also just appeared as a random crook in episodes like "the shadow of the bat" or "the strange secret of bruce wayne".

Mad Hatter was pretty good portrayal in BTAS, with good episodes such as "requirem for a dream" "trial" and "the worry men" but then when we get to the TNBA he's another common crook ruined by his own creators, YAWN.
    Recurring characters like Plastic Man and Bat-Mite are just as flat as anything you'd find in any cartoon series.
    This is where i tell you to check out episodes such as "Long Arm of the Law", "Emperor Joker", "Death Race to Oblivion" and "Cry for Freedom Fighters".

Bat-mite's portrayal has been loyal, he's both a good person and a menace at the same time, his introduction episode by Paul Dini was pretty much spot on to his comic introduction, he shows more heroism in Emperor Joker episode and in "Batman's strangest cases" he is the narrator for the audience, commenting all the wacky adventures and different adaptions of Batman we've received.

what about that one whose entire plot was centered around turning everyone into gorillas? I HATE shit like that.
    Thats what Gorilla Grodd DOES. You might aswell hate Bruce Timm & Dwayne McDuffie in Justice League Unlimited (which you know, counts as one of these precious cartoons where everything was done with love and respect) as Gorilla Grodd's masterplan was to turn everyone into a gorilla, thats what Gorilla Grodd does. He despises humans and loves his race, are you really blaming Brave and Bold for being LOYAL to the source material? Good lord.

but if the whole fucking world is in danger, I'd think that there'd be more than a handful of civilian onlookers screaming in terror.
    The whole world wasn't in danger, the whole world was seeing the danger happening in that one island and Doom Patrol's decision.

What evidence was there that people harbored animosity towards the genetically altered?
    Negative Man and Robot Man before they we're recruited we're shown as freaks of society.

Was this lesson learned solely because they sacrificed themselves for the world? How do the majority of these random people even know who the Doom Patrol are?
    The Doom Patrol we're known as global heroes who retired after the events of Paris, this is the DC Universe where superheroism is common and thus heroes are known.

And regarding the radiation thing, there are a number of villains that are a result of its harmful nature such as Derrick Powers/Blight, the Terrific Trio, and Earth Mover (who you mentioned). It's also implied that the majority of the villains are a result of chemical/radiation-based incidents.
    Missing my point again, is this radiation shown as a real issue to the globe or just "oh noes radiation makes someone into a super villain, someone call spider-man!"
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Wait why are there two voice actors for Spidey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Never trust IMDB.
    Especially about things that haven't air yet.

It's funny that you bring up ignoring examples since that's what you've been doing this entire time. I'm just gonna quit arguing with you about this, because I've been checking this thread far too regularly for responses. Also, we've gone waaaay off-topic and it's been dominating the thread.

Also, sympathetic, not sympathic man.
    Its not where you take things from - its where you take them to.

―Jean Luc-Godard

But yeah i'm happy Ultimate Spidey is going with the Brave and Bold team up style, it's gonna be interesting will we see Ultimate Goat-leg Doom or normal Doom in the season finale.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I'd be pretty proud of beating a 13 year old in a debate myself too.
    Its not where you take things from - its where you take them to.

―Jean Luc-Godard

So guys have you heard about this Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon thing? I hear it's being based on Spectacular Spider-Man, which is based on Amazing Spider-Man which is based on Spider-Man which is based on Stan Lee's obsession with spiders. (now imagine me saying this in a stupid bro voice)

Quote Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
    I'd be pretty proud of beating a 13 year old in a debate myself too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph C. View Post
    So guys have you heard about this Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon thing? I hear it's being based on Spectacular Spider-Man, which is based on Amazing Spider-Man which is based on Spider-Man which is based on Stan Lee's obsession with spiders. (now imagine me saying this in a stupid bro voice)
    Spectacular Spider-Man was a combonation of mainstream, Ultimate and them just modernizing things here and there just like Ultimate Spidey is, now this show is still going to be pretty unique with it's hero team ups, but one can wonder is the School going to play a part with Peter, Gwen and MJ and others just hanging around and stuff.
    My Blog

Spectacular Spider-Man was a combonation of mainstream, Ultimate and them just modernizing things here and there just like Ultimate Spidey is, now this show is still going to be pretty unique with it's hero team ups, but one can wonder is the School going to play a part with Peter, Gwen and MJ and others just hanging around and stuff.
    I was messing around with you guys because of how derailed this thread has gotten because of you and "Broseidon".
    Last edited by Plawsky; 06-19-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: language

BANNED

what channel will it be on? and cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    what channel will it be on? and cant wait!
    Disney XD. Disney is heavily investing on XD becoming the "boys" channel with the upcoming Tron cartoon, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and so forth.
    My Blog

BANNED

Disney XD. Disney is heavily investing on XD becoming the "boys" channel with the upcoming Tron cartoon, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and so forth.
    yea ok sweet. I have that channel now they need play that on the day time not 1 am! etc..

I've known of that channel for a long time and I still don't know what in gods named 'XD' stands for.