Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I'm just waiting for the actual ratings to appear.
    Those numbers would be interesting to see, but how would the average joe even get them? And even if we do, Marvel often says they have more accurate numbers anyways. I think Brevoort says that on his formspring every time someone asks a question about sales. I think it's a cop out, but he may have a point. Marvel may be privy to numbers we can't access and regardless of how we feel about what's made public, they still have the power to either pull the plug or move things along whether we like it or not. So I guess in that sense there's no winning for the fans.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Just great. Dumb Hulk. Me no like dumb Hulk. Me like smart Hulk like on EMH.
    Did you hate every single Hulk appearance before AEMH ?

It would seem that I was right in my previous prediction about the Avengers. http://www.forbes.com/sites/larissaf...ue-the-movies/

"While The Avengers’ May 4 opening marks the end of the current multi-year plan, Marvel has already developed a detailed marketing strategy for the next five years. Whereas this approach saw the feature film as the finish line, the upcoming campaign will “synergize” the Avengers into a “multi-platform brand that can live 365 days a year.” To that end, Marvel is introducing digital initiatives, new print and comic book titles, and The Avengers animated TV series on the air in 2013."

Elder Member

It's not cancelled it's ending. Also 52 episodes is a typical length of a children's cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyConQueso View Post
    Did you hate every single Hulk appearance before AEMH ?
    Kind of. The Hulk that Stan Lee created was much more like EMH Hulk, with good speech.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Elder Member

Great episode. Love a good Hulk smashing.

This was my favorite appeance of Hulk. This cartoon is starting to grow on me
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by Scrite View Post
    It would seem that I was right in my previous prediction about the Avengers. http://www.forbes.com/sites/larissaf...ue-the-movies/

"While The Avengers’ May 4 opening marks the end of the current multi-year plan, Marvel has already developed a detailed marketing strategy for the next five years. Whereas this approach saw the feature film as the finish line, the upcoming campaign will “synergize” the Avengers into a “multi-platform brand that can live 365 days a year.” To that end, Marvel is introducing digital initiatives, new print and comic book titles, and The Avengers animated TV series on the air in 2013."
    Well I think that pretty much confirms it. Very disappointing and very disheartening news. After seeing how Marvel butchered Ultimate Spider-Man, I'm very dubious of them giving the same treatment to Avengers. Jeph Loeb seems to favor the more childish, less refined storytelling that was never a part of what made other Marvel cartoons so great going all the way back to the 90s. Since they were okay with canceling Wolverine and the X-men, I have no doubt they'll do the same to Avengers EMH. I'll be somewhat reassured if other writers like Steve Gordon and Chris Yost had input on the new cartoon, but now that Boyd Kirkland has unfortunately passed away I have a feeling that Loeb will pick only writers that fit his style. It's really disappointing and if they can't get Ultimate Spider-Man right, I'm worried they'll butcher the Avengers too.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Well I think that pretty much confirms it. Very disappointing and very disheartening news. After seeing how Marvel butchered Ultimate Spider-Man, I'm very dubious of them giving the same treatment to Avengers. Jeph Loeb seems to favor the more childish, less refined storytelling that was never a part of what made other Marvel cartoons so great going all the way back to the 90s. Since they were okay with canceling Wolverine and the X-men, I have no doubt they'll do the same to Avengers EMH. I'll be somewhat reassured if other writers like Steve Gordon and Chris Yost had input on the new cartoon, but now that Boyd Kirkland has unfortunately passed away I have a feeling that Loeb will pick only writers that fit his style. It's really disappointing and if they can't get Ultimate Spider-Man right, I'm worried they'll butcher the Avengers too.
    I wouldn't mind them canceling Avengers EMH in favor of something better. The animation is pretty bad. And Ultimate spider-man is just bad. A team cartoon named Ultimate spider-man. Go figure.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

It's very hard for me to believe that Harry Osborn becomes Venom in this series. I think now we can officially expect anything from this series. I honestly hope that suspiction idea of mine (Mary Jane controled by Venom and looking similar to Julia Carpenter's SpiderWoman) will becomes real.

*Sorry, I don't know why the tag spoiler doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kitonok View Post
    I wouldn't mind them canceling Avengers EMH in favor of something better. The animation is pretty bad. And Ultimate spider-man is just bad. A team cartoon named Ultimate spider-man. Go figure.
    I'm not saying Avengers EMH is perfect, but the animation isn't the problem. It's not the problem in Ultimate Spider-Man either. Avengers EMH really doesn't fit into the major events of the comics or the movies and I think that's what Marvel doesn't like. It's a show that showcases some of their top characters and few of those characters or stories really fit the background in the comics. It's really just it's own thing, which can certainly be made to work as shows like X-men Evolution demonstrated. But now it looks like Marvel isn't really trying anymore and just wants more syngergy with Ultimate Spider-Man, a show that doesn't seem to be generating the same excitement that Avengers EMH has. Then again, we're fans. We don't have access to the ratings or anything like that. And even if we did, no one at Marvel will ever admit they're wrong. It's just not in their nature. My concern is they'll make the new Avengers cartoon too immature and childish like they did Ultimate Spider-Man. They don't need two shows like that. One can be mature while one appeals to younger kids. But that hasn't stopped Marvel before and I doubt it will stop them again.

X-men Supreme

I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed this episode.
    Venom rock
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Welp, time for my complaints about this nonsensical episode:

*As always, the humor is idiotic and childish. Nothing is every genuinely funny or witty. Spidey's cold serves SOLELY as the source for crude gross-out gags. That's pretty much it. It also makes Drake Bell's already-grating voice even more annoying, and that, along with the stupid gags, ruin any potential pathos in a story where Harry becomes one of Spidey's greatest foes. That premise made me remotely interested in this show, and thanks to the mishandling here, it made me lose attention again.

*Speaking of that, I guessed early on that Harry would become Venom, and due to some early hints of motivation, it seemed like a storyline that would have potential. However, due to little to no buildup beyond that, his motivation is VERY blurry and inconsistent. Is he jealous of Spidey? Does he admire him? Is he trying to be a hero or does he just want his dad's attention? Or is he trying to kill his father later, and doesn't do anything with a defeated Spidey? Is he in control or is the symbiote doing all the work? It's all very schizophrenic and makes no sense.

*The Venom symbiote serving as something that grants Spider-Man powers makes NO sense. The symbiote had only possessed Flash and Nova before the fight was taken outside, so it did not absorb Spidey at any time. Also, how did Harry control it in the watch? Is this ever explained? And when the symbiote is "destroyed", did it still remain alive? Or did Doc Ock put it in him? The way they handled that scene is unclear.

*The characters are all obnoxious jerks. From Flash abandoning his Spidey fandom pretty fast, to Jonah shifting his support to Venom (again, WHY?!) to Harry's nonsensical motivation, Peter being cocky and unhelpful, and of course, the one-dimensional teammates that stupidly dismiss Peter pointing out how similar the black-suited Spidey is to Venom and antagonize him all the time, even when it's not his fault. I rooted for no one in this episode.

Overall, I'm tuning out until the Green Goblin episode, which is near the end of the season. Knowing this crew, though, they'll grab an awful idea like Ultimate Goblin and make it even worse.

The only thing i waiting from this show is the Wolverine team-up then I don't care about this show