Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57572

ComicBookMovie exclusive interivew!

Looks like my "same universe, different times" theory might be right after all.
    If this is the case, we're officially stretching the sliding timescale to its breaking point evident by the fact that the first 2 episodes show that The Avengers exist in Ultimate Spider-Man yet we've got pictures from season 2 of Avengers features an adult Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Anyone else find Nova and Spidey's portrayalskind of annoying on this show?
    After today's episode I did.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If this is the case, we're officially stretching the sliding timescale to its breaking point evident by the fact that the first 2 episodes show that The Avengers exist in Ultimate Spider-Man yet we've got pictures from season 2 of Avengers features an adult Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
    So Nick Fury goes from being bald to having hair and then ages to white hair and then bald again but younger. No.

Elder Member

My theory has always been that Ultimate Spider-Man is in the past. Characters ages and costumes would help support this.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatcool View Post
    So Nick Fury goes from being bald to having hair and then ages to white hair and then bald again but younger. No.

10char
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bosleyfury.jpg  
    Last edited by KurtW95; 04-08-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

After

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatcool View Post

After
    Shaved his head OR like I "said" before, retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Considering Luke Cage & Danny Rand are adults in the Avengers universe Richard is Nova but Sam Alexander became Nova after Richard Rider died in Ultimate Spider-Man, yes it does limit things. Ultimate Spider-Man would have forced themselves to change alot of things simply because another team was working on an Avengers cartoon before them.
    No, they wouldn't. It's still pretty easy. First season of Avengers could have taken place over an indeterminate amount of time and USM some time after (or during).

But he didn't look like that until much later.
    He didn't look black? Ooookay.

Sigh you really need to check the shows' continuity man. You can lie to yourself for all you want, but don't start spreading it to others. ;)
    Not spreading anything, just easily making it fit.

It would add nothing to the shows but only stress the work of other teams.
    I think it adds a lot. What got me interested in superheroes as a kid was the fact that they all existed together. Batman TAS is still regarded as one of the best non-comic super hero projects of all time, and it was in a shared universe. And knowing that Superman could show up at any time was a cool effect as a kid.

Similarly, the Avengers movie works largely because of the shared universe that Marvel has set up in its films. Not only did the films serve as introductions to the characters, allowing the team movie to focus on plot and team dynamics rather than individual development, the interconnectivity has made each story part of a larger one. And that's awesome.

Hence they aren't part of the same-verse, since that'd limit Ultimate Spider-Man if they had to start from Avengers.
    Well, it seems that they actually are, based on the previously posted interview.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by o_O View Post
    No, they wouldn't. It's still pretty easy. First season of Avengers could have taken place over an indeterminate amount of time and USM some time after (or during).
    Luke Cage and Iron Fist are adults in Avengers, but teens in USM, so you can't place Avengers first; Captain America was just thawed out in Avengers, but has been active for some time in USM, so that doesn't come first either. It's impossible to make them fit.

Third episode in Ultimate spider-man fails and aunt may is the only one truly ultimate....fury doesn't count. sux :(

Just don't buy Loeb's bullshit man. The guy has 0 interest or respect towards the show, why should the fans care what he says? It's like you're accepting his bullshit without a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by o_O View Post

So mind explaining how
    in Season 2 of Avengers both Luke Cage & Iron Fist are grown men, Dr. Doom knows magic, Peter Parker is a teenager who works for the Daily Bugle? Not to mention when Luke Cage and Iron Fist are grown men, Richard Rider is the Nova, but when Luke Cage and Iron Fist where teenagers, Richard Rider was dead and replaced by Sam Alexander.

He didn't look black? Ooookay.
    Oh shush, if you'd pay attention to the Avengers show you'd know what i'd mean.

Not spreading anything, just easily making it fit.
    Oh let's see how you explain the different timelines, characters and ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Well, it seems that they actually are, based on the previously posted interview.
    The fact that you're saying this Plawsky, is very disappointing.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I love the possibility of a shared universe here. But after seeing the latest episode, this show is starting to disappoint me. The 4th wall breaking and the portrayal of Nova was really annoying. I found myself enjoying Avengers EMH much better. That show is more serious and better written. Ultimate Spider-Man is coming off as a poorly written Family Guy episode with superheroes and less funny jokes. I waited a long time for this series and I really hope it improves, but so far it's proving to be a disappointment. If you took the animation from this show and the format of Spectacular, I think it would be perfect. Right now, it's just too clunky.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Just don't buy Loeb's bullshit man. The guy has 0 interest or respect towards the show, why should the fans care what he says? It's like you're accepting his bullshit without a second thought.
    Like him or not, he's in charge. He is Marvel's Head of Television. So despite all your vehement claims to the contrary, he actually knows more about these projects than you do, and he says they are in a shared universe.

So mind explaining how
    in Season 2 of Avengers both Luke Cage & Iron Fist are grown men, Dr. Doom knows magic, Peter Parker is a teenager who works for the Daily Bugle? Not to mention when Luke Cage and Iron Fist are grown men, Richard Rider is the Nova, but when Luke Cage and Iron Fist where teenagers, Richard Rider was dead and replaced by Sam Alexander.
    Did you even read the interview?

Let’s just say that is a distinct possibility. I can tell you that it is absolutely designed to be all of one universe. There certainly were elements because AVENGERS season 2 was well underway when we started on SPIDER-MAN. There are a couple of elements that don’t quite fit together, kind of like the comic books, but certainly as time goes by folks will see, “Oh, that’s how that fits with that.”

He acknowledges the fact that there are errors. Give it time, and maybe we'll find out how it all works. At this point, you're just covering your ears and screaming so you don't have to accept the fact that your theory was wrong.

The fact that you're saying this Plawsky, is very disappointing.
    I'm sorry to have upset you. I'm not really sure what's disappointing about me pointing out words from an interview, though.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Of all the people Plawsky, you we're the last person i thought i'd see eat up Loeb's bullshit and believe it to be true. If you really want to play the waiting game, then sure.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog