Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Holy Book Overload Batman Earth2Invincible's Avatar

The story was alright but the art was just horrible.
    Pull List:The good kind of books.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I'm just gonna argue that Batman has made them study all kinds of things, kinda like in Young Justice where Robin wakes up in a foreign country, it doesn't take him long to realize where he is. They're all geniuses who study *everything* and beyond! :p
    Yeah I know we're probably supposed to assume it "happened off-panel", but that's a perfect opportunity to work in a story element for the writer.

Ironically there are scenes that happened on panel that characters don't even remember in the future
    Last edited by Choppa; 06-10-2011 at 07:18 AM.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewman View Post
    Given what we've read about Red Hood and the Outlaws, Jason starting off as a recluse, I'm kind of thinking Scarlett's not going to make it. Her death is what makes him realize his ways fail and makes him move on as a person, not wanting to get anyone torn up in his mad obsession with Bruce's war.
    Oh God, I hope not. Jason really doesn't need more angst and Scarlet doesn't need to be fridged for that.
    ~*Oh my Stars and Garters*~
    Check out f!yeahjtoddz. It's hella relevant to my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by benicio127 View Post
    Oh God, I hope not. Jason really doesn't need more angst and Scarlet doesn't need to be fridged for that.
    I'm not saying I want it to happen either, but in terms of them making Jason genuinely stop his homicidal methods of crime fighting, and knowing Winick was one of the ones that wanted to kill of Dick and have Jason redeem himself by becoming Nightwing, I could just see them killing of Scarlett and having it kind of break Jason is all.

Now, if I got my choice of Jason's next Scarlett interaction it'd be him apologizing for dragging her into his war and setting her up with money or some kind of help to have a good life. If they kill her instead to move his character beyond his Bruce/Joker/Gotham obsession, I'd be fine with that too.

I'm not saying I want it to happen either, but in terms of them making Jason genuinely stop his homicidal methods of crime fighting, and knowing Winick was one of the ones that wanted to kill of Dick and have Jason redeem himself by becoming Nightwing, I could just see them killing of Scarlett and having it kind of break Jason is all.

Now, if I got my choice of Jason's next Scarlett interaction it'd be him apologizing for dragging her into his war and setting her up with money or some kind of help to have a good life. If they kill her instead to move his character beyond his Bruce/Joker/Gotham obsession, I'd be fine with that too.
    Yeah, I'd much rather not fridging Scarlet to create more angst for a male character who already is broken and full of angst. It happens way too much where female characters just become a plot device to create angst for male characters. I really really really don't want to see Scarlet's name on the Women in Refrigerators list.

I thought Scarlett's face was returned to normal at the end of the last one and it was the end of Scarlett... I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Jm0c View Post
    I thought Scarlett's face was returned to normal at the end of the last one and it was the end of Scarlett... I don't get it
    The mask did fall off, but it was realllllly hard to tell with this art.

Quote Originally Posted by Jm0c View Post
    You know, the way I'll view it if its back on, the Woman in Black just put her back in uniform to screw with Jason, the same way he kept on a Robin mask underneath the helmet in Under the Hood.

You know, the way I'll view it if its back on, the Woman in Black just put her back in uniform to screw with Jason, the same way he kept on a Robin mask underneath the helmet in Under the Hood.
    Yes, because he could see her through the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Yeah, because the point of the call wasn't to get him there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Thats as crazy as a dinosaur smoking a cigar..oh wait

I could live with this design quite comfortably if I didn't already know that come September, it's changing yet again.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It doesn't really explain why she was wearing the costume on panel, but I always saw Scarlet as continuing her career as a vigilante on her own and using the dolotron face as her mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post

I could live with this design quite comfortably if I didn't already know that come September, it's changing yet again.
    Do you know who the artist is on this piece? It's really good!

Quote Originally Posted by benicio127 View Post
    Do you know who the artist is on this piece? It's really good!
    The artist is me. I drew it earlier this evening.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com