Page 229 of 292 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4376
  1. #3421
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,985

    Default

    That explanation might work with Ra's, who knew Bruce and kept tabs on those who worked with him. But it doesn't work with her classmates who would never have observed any connection between her and Batman. And even with Ra's it means he saw more in her relationship with Bruce than was ever shown explicitly, even though he never took it as far as to call it a father/daughter relationship.

  2. #3422
    Senior Member Bluebow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    That explanation might work with Ra's, who knew Bruce and kept tabs on those who worked with him. But it doesn't work with her classmates who would never have observed any connection between her and Batman. And even with Ra's it means he saw more in her relationship with Bruce than was ever shown explicitly, even though he never took it as far as to call it a father/daughter relationship.
    I have not re-read it recently, but I thought it was only one classmate when Stephanie was actually changing into her costume. There could have been a very unlikely Empire Strikes Back style shock reveal in the pipeline, before the reboot.

  3. #3423
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,985

    Default

    Her first day at the school 3 or 4 other girls accosted her in the locker room, pulled guns on her, and accused her of being Batman's daughter. She told them they should be glad they never met her real father.

  4. #3424
    Senior Member Bluebow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Her first day at the school 3 or 4 other girls accosted her in the locker room, pulled guns on her, and accused her of being Batman's daughter. She told them they should be glad they never met her real father.
    You are right, I had forgotten about that bit, It still could be because she was from Gotham City and trainee assassins would be naturally distrustful and suspicious of new girls or merely looking for an excuse for bullying
    Last edited by Bluebow; 01-01-2013 at 03:07 PM.

  5. #3425
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,985

    Default

    It's still a strange thing to say and a strange assumption. Like I said, there was something about her that made people notice even when she was out of costume.

  6. #3426
    Senior Member Bluebow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's still a strange thing to say and a strange assumption. Like I said, there was something about her that made people notice even when she was out of costume.
    It is an interesting thing that you raise and I see what you mean and hope there is something to it, but Batman is probably the thing that the rest of the world associates with Gotham City. If Stephanie had been Italian American they might have accused her of being a Mafia Princess or focused on her hair and called her a blond bimbo, anything to psyche themselves up to starting a fight

  7. #3427
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,985

    Default

    There's no evidence the other girls even knew she was from Gotham. The teachers didn't tell them on-panel and they didn't mention it.

  8. #3428
    Senior Member Bluebow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There's no evidence the other girls even knew she was from Gotham. The teachers didn't tell them on-panel and they didn't mention it.
    I suppose only the writer knows for certain what he intended, but unless Stephanie does return someday we may never know. As you say no one told the other girls on-panel nor did anyone say she had an obvious Gotham accent or any other give away sign.In fact there was a very strange attitude to keeping Stephanie's identity throughout that entire story. Something that has just occurred to me is that in the preceding story Oracle does mention to Batman that Stephanie is sending her e-mails from the school.
    Last edited by Bluebow; 01-02-2013 at 08:15 AM.

  9. #3429
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    Spoiler/Black Bat make it happen DC
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/

  10. #3430
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Steph is still in Young Justice. Spoiler appearance next!

  11. #3431
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Is it possible that while Barbara Gordon stopped being Batgirl, that someone took over for her? Or were her paralyzed days without a Batgirl anywhere?

  12. #3432
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LegoLawyer View Post
    Is it possible that while Barbara Gordon stopped being Batgirl, that someone took over for her? Or were her paralyzed days without a Batgirl anywhere?
    Simone tried to leave the door open at first, but it really doesn't seem that way now. And if this Babs is the standard by which batgirls are judged, I don't want Steph or Cass anywhere near the name.

  13. #3433
    Senior Member Bluebow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Stephanie is still away from America honing her skills around the world and occasionally teaming up with Cass in Hong Kong and other exotic locations until they are really, really needed in Gotham City.

  14. #3434
    Senior Member godisawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Or, hopefully, the next Tim Drake miniseries. Preferrably set in Kong Kond, featuring the Golden Dragons, Lynx, and written by the tag team duo of Bryan Q. Miller and Fabian Nicieza.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

    -C.S. Lewis

  15. #3435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Spoiler/Black Bat make it happen DC
    Nah, Steph is better off not being linked to Black Bat.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •