Page 223 of 292 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4375
    BANNED

Do you guys really think Steph/Cass is possible at this point? I'd rather be surprised if it happens than continually speculate and be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Do you guys really think Steph/Cass is possible at this point? I'd rather be surprised if it happens than continually speculate and be disappointed.
    I'd say this is the last possible way for the foreseeable future, DC could cave on the no Steph or Cass position in order to keep Gail working for them. I'd put the chances at low maybe 10 percent but if Gail didn't manage to get them to bend in order to keep her at DC and not go to Marvel or something then there is likely no chance that DC will user the characters any time soon.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    By Steph/Cass, do you mean a romantic relationhip between the 2? Or stories involving them in the Nu52? For the former I would doubt it. For the latter I still doubt it, but not as much.

As for the Simone thing, I would not get my hopes up. I don't see DC taking Steph off of the 'toxic' list even if it meant placating two fanbases.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    As for the Simone thing, I would not get my hopes up. I don't see DC taking Steph off of the 'toxic' list even if it meant placating two fanbases.
    I just can't think of what else could be considered 'breaking the internet'. Unless Bleeding Cool and I have vastly differing ideas on what will generate the most amount of outpouring from the net.
    ಠ_ಠ

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    I just can't think of what else could be considered 'breaking the internet'. Unless Bleeding Cool and I have vastly differing ideas on what will generate the most amount of outpouring from the net.
    I'd agree if they said 'breaking the internet' in the actual article. Just having it in the title makes it look like they're just trying to attract hits.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'd agree if they said 'breaking the internet' in the actual article. Just having it in the title makes it look like they're just trying to attract hits.
    Yeppers, much as I'd love it to be something involving Cass and Steph I suspect it will be much less apocalyptic but perhaps fun... like she's taking over World's Finest and adding Arrowette, Mera and Donna Troy to create a female league of sorts... or something even less earth shattering. But like everyone else has said the day Steph and Cass appear would be the end of the world as far as DC is concerned. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    Gail Simone writing Batwoman?

Gail Simone channelling her Secret Six/Early Birds of Prey writing level would be great for Steph/Cass, and I'd welcome it.

Gail Simone channelling her Batgirl writing level would be an apocalyptic disaster for Steph/Cass.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
    Gail Simone channelling her Secret Six/Early Birds of Prey writing level would be great for Steph/Cass, and I'd welcome it.

Gail Simone channelling her Batgirl writing level would be an apocalyptic disaster for Steph/Cass.
    Excellent point.

Honestly I don't even think that's on Gail. I think she was given the chance to write her all time favorite character, but was not given a lot of control over the overall direction of that character.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post

I guess that depends what you mean by "disaster." Gail's name, especially after the last month or so, would probably increase sales from what they would be otherwise, and there'd probably be less editorial oversight than there is/would be on a Batgirl title. I haven't read the current Batgirl title and have heard numerous complaints, but plenty of people seem to like it as well.

I doubt this is happening because I don't like getting my hopes up, but if it does, I think it would have to be considered a very good thing.

I guess one other possibility would be Gail returning to BoP, possibly with Cass and/or Steph in tow.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

I may be alone in this, but I think Gail doesn't write teenagers very well. So I don't want her writing Cass or Steph.

And her second run on BoP and Batgirl were mediocre, so this wouldn't be good news to me.

Honestly if DC was really serious about doing anything with Steph Miller would be their guy.

I wonder how he is with Cass? I'm not going to count the one super forced appearance from Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    Honestly if DC was really serious about doing anything with Steph Miller would be their guy.

I wonder how he is with Cass? I'm not going to count the one super forced appearance from Batgirl.
    I really have to concur with this and shark's previous comment although maybe if Simone and Miller were to work together...

Given that Stephanie's secret identity was so seriously compromised during her Batman Inc appearance and she has not been seen or heard of since, perhaps Batman gave her a rock solid new identity and she is off studying or training somewhere until the time is right. Also I do think there is more to the Gail Simone thing than meets the eye