Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Johns Spills Details on Post-Relaunch "Green Lantern" Titles

DC Comics and Geoff Johns have released details regarding the future of their Green Lantern characters and series as the publisher readies for a line-wide September relaunch.

Full article here.

Provided they're not pulling the type of nonsense i'm seeing in the other titles (i.e. revisionist history with Firestorm), and this ends up just being slightly tweaked, i'm very happy that the current creative teams are all continuing on, plus the promised Red Lanterns title and team.

Not sure that Green Lantern really needed any type of hip reboot anyway since Johns essentially did that a few years ago and the current run is i think very accessible to new fans. (I say this as someone who typically hates "cosmic" abstract superheroes and never touched Green Lantern until i picked up on the TPBs a few years back.) Though I know a lot of people don't like recent GL stories, it's one of the few DC characters I even care about so this is the first promising thing I've read.

Not much changes in some respects then.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Adam View Post
    What does everyone make of this creative team:
    "Green Lantern: The New Guardians" is written by Tony Bedard with Tyler Kirkham and Batt handling art.

I'm not up to date with their works, so I was wondering what people can tell me about them.
    Tony's become a fave at DC, and is a great cosmic writer - I've not seen any real dislike for Kirkham since taking over from Pat Gleason.

And since they're the current team on GL CORPS (which is being given back to Pete Tomasi and his EMERALD WARRIORS artist), and people don't seem to dislike that title.......I'd reckon the word will be good.

My only concern is that there doesn't seem to be ANY change in the GLverse, while numerous other books get complete creator overhauls. Has a bit of a scent of favoritism to it......

And hey, Ed Benes back on a monthly book. Good.

No real changes, and I'm expecting the same for the Batman crew (hopefully Scott Snyder will become the Batman architect).

looks like there will be no major changes really here, with the exception of Emerald Warriors becoming Green Lantern: The New Guardians. Hope there isn't too much changed here as a lot of work has gone in the Green Lantern since Rebirth and I like it and would hate for major changes

I'm a little bit worried now. What does DC plan? A reboot (or relaunch if you will) that enables new readers to get access to the books and streamlines the rather convoluted continuity or not?

Has Brightest Day happend? Blackest Night? If Hawkman is fresh and new how does all that fit together?

Kyle Rayner stays?

Well played, Johns. You win this round...
    -Exit the LoneWolf

Founder of the Latverian Resistance: "Down with Doom!"

EXTERMINATE! -Any Dalek

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starocotes View Post
    I'm a little bit worried now. What does DC plan? A reboot (or relaunch if you will) that enables new readers to get access to the books and streamlines the rather convoluted continuity or not?

Has Brightest Day happend? Blackest Night? If Hawkman is fresh and new how does all that fit together?
    It could just be as simple as, when flashpoint ends and history is 'fixed', mostly, Cartar never became hawkman, it hasn't happened yet. But everything else still happened, including blackest night.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf23k View Post
    Kyle Rayner stays?

Well played, Johns. You win this round...
    I thought the whole big reveal of WOTGL was that Kyle wouldn't be staying?

Interesting.
    Superior Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team Up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HopeLantern View Post
    I thought the whole big reveal of WOTGL was that Kyle wouldn't be staying?

Interesting.
    I'm fairly convinced it's Hal who 'leaves' temporarily. His is the series that's replaced with that Aftermath book.

Edit: nevermind
    Last edited by Homesick Alien; 06-03-2011 at 05:30 AM.

and the important question is- where will G'nort resurface??

I have no idea what Red Lanterns is supposed to be about, but i will be checking it out.

Congrats GlC fans, This gives me hope that the batverse Wont get rocked as Hard as i thoght

Just worried about the old man Of the lanterns

Quote Originally Posted by Petes12 View Post
    It could just be as simple as, when flashpoint ends and history is 'fixed', mostly, Cartar never became hawkman, it hasn't happened yet. But everything else still happened, including blackest night.
    This is exactly my problem. Carter played an very imortant part in Blackest Night and Brightest Day.

What about the "new" young Superman? Was his killed by Doomsday? When? If not, why id Kyle a Green Lantern?

If they really try to continue some current Storylines (GL, Batman) and try to fit new Reset of some other characters in there (Superman, Hawkman) it will backfire. The Relaunch will cost them readers anyway (new #1 -> jump off point). Chaos in the history will cost them some more after 2-3 issues and complicated history will mean no new readers.

I was very interesed at first about the relaunch but this really sounds like a bad idea.