Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Darkwing Duck: is it still going?

Been meaning to pick up this series, but I hope it is still going and will continue to run. I think it is Boom's third highest sales after Irredeemable and Incorruptible, and has been outselling the other Disney titles by a lot. Anyone know how long it is planned to last?

Control of all Disney comics properties is shifting to Marvel (since Disney now owns them). Thus, only Marvel has the rights to continue publishing Darkwing Duck, but the creative team behind that title is still at Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    Control of all Disney comics properties is shifting to Marvel (since Disney now owns them). Thus, only Marvel has the rights to continue publishing Darkwing Duck, but the creative team behind that title is still at Boom!
    I must say I never heard of that piece of news.

Since I see almost all of the Disney afternoon titles remain at Boom Studios while everything else Disney moves to Marvel comics.

The Pixar stuff seems to have shifted, but the rights to the classic Disney characters and the Disney Afternoon stuff still resides at Boom Studios. After all, if they were losing the rights, Boom wouldn't have launched a Duck Tales comic last week.

And yes, Darkwing Duck is still ongoing.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I must say I never heard of that piece of news.

Since I see almost all of the Disney afternoon titles remain at Boom Studios while everything else Disney moves to Marvel comics.
    Apparently the news of the remainder of BOOM!'s Disney line shutting down hit within the last couple days or so. Might not even be officially announced, but a few sources have moreorless confirmed it...

BANNED

On the plus side maybe they will draw the line at $2.99 on the down side I bet they relaunch with a new #1

Valencia, Venezuela, feeling rather sucky. Or ducky.

Yet another reason to hate Marvel Comics.

I can't see either Marvel or Disney itself caring enough to continue the series. Boom! was pretty much the guiding force behind the revival, since Disney seems deadset on burying the Disney Afternoon forever for some reason, and the property is probably 'too small' for Marvel's liking.

wow, so the Ducktales ongoing is lasting 1 issue?

You see, I didn't think Disney would yank the rights away to give them to Marvel. The reason being that as I understand it, when it comes to comic books and all attendant characters, you can make more money from licensing than from publishing. Basically, it pays more to own some characters and have other people pay you money to make comics about them than to own characters and make comics about them yourself. That's why Disney wanted Marvel in the first place, I think. They wanted to get in on the licensing of Marvel's intellectual property. All that money from people wanting to make Spider-Man merchandise and stuff.

And yet, next thing you know, there go the Pixar properties.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

So, has there been an announcement anywhere??

I know I suspected this a long time ago, which is why we started this petition to get Disney/Marvel to release TaleSpin comics a month ago. As soon as they said they couldn't/wouldn't get the rights to that property, and Marvel announced the release of Pixar books, I knew this was happening.

But my biggest concern at the moment is if Marvel will keep making new Disney Afternoon comics, and not just do reprints of the Boom! stuff like they're doing for Pixar and Muppets...

BOOM's Marketing Guy

No need to worry! DarkWing Duck and DuckTales are both ongoing series! They are going strong at BOOM!/KABOOM with DuckTales #1 being a smash hit. (News forthcoming!)

As always, if you'd like to continue to see these comics, and any comics from most publishers, please pre-order these titles from your local comic shop. Stop that pesky trade waiting!

Best,

Chip
    BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip BOOM View Post
    Stop that pesky trade waiting!

Best,

Chip
    BOOM!
    I know it's been BOOM!'s policy & probably the only means of supporting the co. but I can't buy $3.99 books, forced to trade-wait, though I love the serieseses!

BOOM's Marketing Guy

We've been at 3.99 since day one with singles. We've experimented with a lower price point on singles and that didn't work out. As BOOM! book became more and more popular, the big two went to $3.99....which lead to a ton of people decrying out price point, which is unfair as we are still as scrappy upstart company. Please know that our economies of scale just don't work at anything less than 3.99...at the moment.

That said: I'll take your purchase of the trade! :)
    Chip
    BOOM!

So Chip, what you are saying is the whole Marvel thing will not be affecting these titles and they are around for the long haul? So many rumors.

A funny little comic I have found that concerns this topic...

http://www.the-gutters.com/comic/143-karine-charlebois