Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

so in the end evil did win huh?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Not really. Kraven doesn't like being alive (or undead) and Sasha sure as shit didn't see that neck-snap coming.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Not really. Kraven doesn't like being alive (or undead) and Sasha sure as shit didn't see that neck-snap coming.

Anyone have a picture of that neck snap?

Well, maybe Ana won. She lost her psychotic and overbearing mother, but regained her psychotic and loincloth-wearing papa.

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Meehaul View Post
    Was her death "noble"? Like, say, the Torch's?
    I'd say her death was about as noble as Ted Kord's.
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"

then what would you put kaine's first "death", that noble, mattie's death was just putting someone's life out of her misery....

ok here is another question 4 u guys if mattie return what do u reckon marvel should do to her....? i think they should like what d.c is doing for Barbra gordon....

They could have drained her blood and had her survive by a thread to get the same effect. If you read those gauntlet books together instead of month to month, it's sick the torture they put Mattie through, grim hunt was good but it's not my most liked good spidey story if that makes sense. I didn't know much about Mattie and I hated it.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Well, maybe Ana won. She lost her psychotic and overbearing mother, but regained her psychotic and loincloth-wearing papa.
    She seemed to be pretty defensive of that mother when she first showed up, I was hoping Sasha and Anna would be a new twist on the Kravinoff legacy, instead it brought in a villain best known for his death. Disappointed they flushed potential down the toilet to reset a status quo
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Quote Originally Posted by stewart48 View Post
    They could have drained her blood and had her survive by a thread to get the same effect. If you read those gauntlet books together instead of month to month, it's sick the torture they put Mattie through, grim hunt was good but it's not my most liked good spidey story if that makes sense. I didn't know much about Mattie and I hated it.
    i agree, but i think they want a sacrifice cos the writers want to kill her off one way or another...but i read the grim hunt the only one that made sense was kaine's "death" and the making a new madame webb but mattie's death and kaine's ressurection didn't make any sense.

I liked Mattie, and she died, so yeap evil won.

Quote Originally Posted by Toosie25 View Post
    i agree, but i think they want a sacrifice cos the writers want to kill her off one way or another...but i read the grim hunt the only one that made sense was kaine's "death" and the making a new madame webb but mattie's death and kaine's ressurection didn't make any sense.
    I don't know if they wanted to kill her "one way or another". Limbo works just as well. She was probably just the most expendable for what they had planned.

-Theophilus

nah i thought madame webb was expendable. i mean all the new madame web does is say sorry, which sucks.

On a more cynical note, I think Mattie was killed off to add racial diversity to the line. Racial diversity that forced a non spider girl character into the role of spider girl because Anya, while a good character, couldn't carry a book without being linked to spider girl which she couldn't then either.

The problem with this is it was a rush job no matter how you slice it. What moron in their right mind thought they could spin off a character with practically 0 history in the pages of spider-man without grim hunt. Also I was a little miffed screwball was a jobber, i get her being a comic relief jobber in spidey but a just downright mean non comic relief jobber fora powerless Anya?

What happened to the days when we could character diversity from character developments and not cheap switcheroos, actually, did those ever exist?
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

its even worse with a powerless kaine...