Page 3 of 321 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO MKA View Post
    Yun, when I see you're name, I think Mortal Kombat for some reason
    Must be the whole "Lao" bit, right?

I kid, I kid. Yeah, I tend to get that a lot, since, depending on how you pronounce Yun, it can sound a lot like Kung Lao.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Drinks Two Cups Of Tea! Captain England's Avatar

NAME: Gregory “Gee Mike” Carmichael

FORMER PERSONA:
    Raven (Indigenous Mythology of North America)

NATIONALITY: American. (United States)

APPEARANCE:
    Reasonably attractive. Tanned. Works out. Clean features. Strong but not prominent jawline and high cheekbones. Clear blue eyes. Spiked blonde hair. Wears fashionable clothing and overly expensive shirts.

CHARACTER HISTORY & PERSONALITY: Former resident of Long Island. Currently studying psychology at NYU. Outgoing, friendly and socially well-adjusted. Drinks too much at the weekend. Hides narcissistic and self-aggrandising tendencies. Abuses his god powers for personal gain and amusement. Constantly lies about his abilities and background.

CHARACTER SONG (Optional):
    Semisonic - Chemistry

PERSONAL SKILLS: Can be highly persuasive and is skilled at manipulating emotions.

GOD POWERS(S):

Memory Thief

“He can see them. Shiny. Yes. Little pieces of lives all stored and encoded as biochemical equations. So shiny. He has to take them. He’s building something”.

- Tribal Elder Allan Sheupiapik

Iqualit, Nunavut.

Gregory Carmichael may permanently remove a single memory, with each use of this ability. Anything of personal significance will appeal to him the most.

Stolen memories may be kept or discarded as he wishes. They cannot be restored by any means. Discarded memories do not return to their original owners and simply cease to be.

Gregory Carmichael can target sensory, short-term and long-term memory.

Gregory Carmichael/Raven can bypass all powers and abilities that defend against Memory Thief. This includes powers and abilities that increase perception. No powers or abilities can affect, target or detect Memory Thief. No powers or abilities can affect, target or detect the use of Memory Thief. And no powers or abilities can reduce or negate the effect of Memory Thief. The only exception to this being the effects granted by maximum perception.

The initial formation of this power required the permanent bonding of totemic magic to individual neurobiology. Thusly it cannot be duplicated, removed, or employed against Gregory Carmichael.

Gregory Carmichael cannot gain use the use of powers or abilities through stolen memories.

Gregory Carmichael can use Memory Thief up to 5 times in one day.

Earthbound Flight

“According to legend, Raven flew from the spirit realm to bring life to the Earth. He carried with him the sun and the moon and the stars”.

-Jaalen Edenshaw

Tour guide, Vancouver Museum of National Heritage.

Gregory Carmichael is able to take the form of Raven and travel though the spirit realm. An ancient reality placed on top of our own. As Raven he can enter and exit the spirit realm as he chooses. Raven can spend any amount of mortal time in the spirit realm and may travel any Earthly distance. Once done so when he returns to Earth as Gregory this movement will appear instantaneous as the limitations of time and space fail to exist within the spirit realm. Gregory/Raven may summon black smoke and feathers to mark his entry and exit into the spirit realm, though this is not compulsory. Gregory Carmichael need only think of taking the form of Raven and he is instantly placed within the spirit realm.

Gregory Carmichael may carry anything he touches into the spirit realm, with the exception of living beings. Certain size limitations apply to objects leaving Earth but anything that he carries with him, he may store in the spirit realm for as long as he chooses.

As a native god only Raven can perceive or access the spirit realm. However, in spirit form joined with Raven, Gregory is able to view Earth as if flying over it and Raven can allow him to "see" living beings regardless of their surroundings.

It is only Raven and that which he chooses to carry that can ever truly cross the spirit realm. Even magics or supernatural effects cannot cross the spirit realm. Earthbound Flight will negate all supernatural powers or abilities, for good or ill, that may effect anyone who travels though the realm.

The spirit realm itself cannot interact with or be effected by any other realm or with the inhabitants of any other realm. Gregory Carmichael cannot be harmed in Raven's spirit form. Nor can he harm others. These rules apply equally to anything in the spirit realm.

To anyone besides Raven the spirit realm simply does not exist. It cannot be found or sensed or located. And inside the spirit realm, neither can Raven.

The ability to enter the spirit realm is inherent to Raven and cannot be copied, removed or negated.

Ill Omen

"I talked to Fontier yesterday. He says they did it to themselves. And maybe he’s right. It’s the only settlement this side of the pass and I have no godly idea what happened to them. From what remains, we can see cuts and marks on the bodies matching their own tools and axes. Lord, I wish he’d never taken this route.

I told Fontier that when the blizzard stops we should find another way around the mountain. He said I’m being foolish. But the snow is all around us now. And Fontier is wrong. No man could have done this".

-Extract is taken from the diary of Calvin McKenzie, Fur Trapper. 1886

Gregory Carmichael may instantly surround himself with the black shadow of Raven. In this form he may cause massive physical damage and intense fear in everything he touches. Both effects will result in temporary paralysis to that which is touched. In addition to this the Ganhada spirit magics may vastly reduce the perception of all beings the shadow form makes contact with.

If the black shadow touches anything that is related to, or that is part of a supernatural power then the effect of Ill Omen will be felt by the user of that power.

The Ill Omen magics will avoid all supernatural defences. Physical damage and physical paralysis may only be negated by a high enough natural brawn score. Paralytic fear may only be negated by a high enough natural perception score. Additionally the touch of the shadow will reduce perception no matter the circumstances (even if perception itself is maxed).

The rituals for these magics require a permant spiritiual link to the totemic source of power. As such this ability can not be copied, removed, negated or used against Gregory Carmichael.

The shadow will initially start at the same relative size to Gregory but can increase with his power level.

Gregory Carmichael may only use Ill Omen five times in any given day.

BROSKI POWERS(S):

Woo! Woo! Woo!

Gregory gets additional stat points equal to the amount of times he has ever said the words "bro" or "broski".

Fist Bump Bro!

Gregory can fist bump with target male character. They become bros.

Grinding Baby!

Gregory totally grinds with target babe character. He does her later and never calls her the next day. You know it bro!

Jager Bombs!

Gregory slams like a row of Jager Bombs bro!

Guest List Broski!

Any club. You know it!

Not Hot Enough!

All characters below a certain level of attractiveness can not effect Gregory. At all. Ever.

STATS:

Brawn: 1
    Speed: 1
    Agility: 8
    Perception: 1
    Power: 10
    Skill: 1

Last edited by Captain England; 09-04-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain England View Post
    Clever Bird

Gregory Carmichael/Raven can bypass all powers and abilities that defend against Memory Thief.

This includes powers and abilities that increase perception.

No powers or abilities besides Clever Bird can affect Memory Thief. No powers or abilities besides Clever Bird can affect the use of Memory Thief. And no powers or abilities can reduce or negate the effect of Memory Thief.

Clever Bird itself cannot be negated or removed and its effect cannot be lessened.

In addition to this Gregory Carmichael/Raven can use Memory Thief up to 5 times in one day and can now target sensory, short-term and long-term memory.
    I'm assuming that this ability has the unwritten caveat that it's effectiveness against a defensive ability is governed by the Power stat of the target, as in it can only overcome powers that are within the limits of Gregory's Power stat at that given time, yes?
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Drinks Two Cups Of Tea! Captain England's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm assuming that this ability has the unwritten caveat that it's effectiveness against a defensive ability is governed by the Power stat of the target, as in it can only overcome powers that are within the limits of Gregory's Power stat at that given time, yes?
    Hang on. I'll PM you stuff Cleric told me.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Must be the whole "Lao" bit, right?

I kid, I kid. Yeah, I tend to get that a lot, since, depending on how you pronounce Yun, it can sound a lot like Kung Lao.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. :)

I have been thinking about a beat for this RPG.

I got two songs in my mind with this RPG. If you disagree. It's cool. Just for fun really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygrEVnrg3Ic

^- Given the Fact they were Gods, and died, and now reborn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2jYn3LmlE

^ Because ultimately, we are on the same side. And there are 37 of us players. So I figured why not something as epic as this for the theme song?

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    I have been thinking about a beat for this RPG.

I got two songs in my mind with this RPG. If you disagree. It's cool. Just for fun really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygrEVnrg3Ic

^- Given the Fact they were Gods, and died, and now reborn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2jYn3LmlE

^ Because ultimately, we are on the same side. And there are 37 of us players. So I figured why not something as epic as this for the theme song?
    The second one fits really well

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Sort of.

I've allowed (with certain promsies from Captain England to to ever abuse it) the Perception stat to act as a defense agaisnt it. If you're Perception stat is high enough, it won't work on you. Thsi is only your Perception stat, mind you. Any godlike powers that increase Perception don't work into it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain England View Post
    Hang on. I'll PM you stuff Cleric told me.
    This reminds me: Cleric, did you ever get my PM regarding Nature Of Monsters?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Random question: Does an Andean Condor count as roughly human-sized? It's the closest bird I could find to the right sort of mass and body size.

Not really applicable right now given that Ericson hasn't tested his shapeshifting power, found out it's limitations, and researched viable forms... But it might come up later.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Sort of.

I've allowed (with certain promsies from Captain England to to ever abuse it) the Perception stat to act as a defense agaisnt it. If you're Perception stat is high enough, it won't work on you. Thsi is only your Perception stat, mind you. Any godlike powers that increase Perception don't work into it.
    I have spoken with England via PM and he has clarified the mechanics of it.

Looks good to me.

Also, replied to your PM with another question, or rather a reiteration of one.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Ωgar "Omegalith" Lithagon XVI View Post
    Random question: Does an Andean Condor count as roughly human-sized? It's the closest bird I could find to the right sort of mass and body size.

Not really applicable right now given that Ericson hasn't tested his shapeshifting power, found out it's limitations, and researched viable forms... But it might come up later.
    I suppose it could. A human is taller. But it makes up for it with its wingspan. A human is a lot heavier though.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This reminds me: Cleric, did you ever get my PM regarding Nature Of Monsters?
    Maybe. Best resend it though. I've had to dump about 8o PM's in the last month.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Okay, resending.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

So, what's the strength stat scale?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.