Page 75 of 163 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2436
    Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    You know, you'd have a point if there wasn't a 72 page thread discussing her boob window
    An to be fair i think its intellectually dishonest to say that this was a 72 page thread discussing her boob window. Most pages don't mention it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    An to be fair i think its intellectually dishonest to say that this was a 72 page thread discussing her boob window. Most pages don't mention it at all.
    Most? Ookay... Though I'm not sure 'intellectually dishonest' means what you think it does. I've said before, I like Power Girl which you've taken as dislike because I think there's too much focus on her breasts, in artwork and with her fans. I'm not sure how I can be accused of being dishonest since I've never seen her boobs the whole of the character. Now, if you want to accuse me of seeing her fans in this thread in a certain light, you would be correct. One poster said it best, he listed two things he liked about the character. The first one was her breasts. I think of all the other DC female characters and even Starfire doesn't have a body part listed by her fans as one of her main assests. But hey, its just a comic character and its one we're allowed to have some fun with in that regard since those who write her have fun in the same way. I just consider it too close to seeing the character as a joke. I actually like she's a little bigger than other characters in that way but it stops being a nice trait about the character when its becomes a focus of that character. And if you can't remove the boob window without people saying its damaging to her then yes, that does seem to be all there is to her at some point. Now we even have some declaring Phantom Lady is wearing too much clothing because she's dropped having a pair of suspenders cover her nipples as opposed to a wide open top unzipped to her navel.

Most? Ookay... Though I'm not sure 'intellectually dishonest' means what you think it does.
    INTELLECTUAL DISHONEST
    Intellectual dishonesty is the advocacy of a position known to be false. An argument which is misused to advance an agenda or to reinforce one's deeply held beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence contrary.

One poster said it best, he listed two things he liked about the character. The first one was her breasts.
    Good for him. However he doesn’t make up even .10% of the fandom. So your hyperbolic statement is still intellectually dishonest.

I think of all the other DC female characters and even Starfire doesn't have a body part listed by her fans as one of her main assests.
    Of course she does: Flaming hair.

And if you can't remove the boob window without people saying its damaging to her then yes, that does seem to be all there is to her at some point.
    No it isn’t. The stupid costume redesign was stupid, regardless of the boob window. Its just a straight up badly redesigned design.

Now we even have some declaring Phantom Lady is wearing too much clothing because she's dropped having a pair of suspenders cover her nipples as opposed to a wide open top unzipped to her navel.
    Wow, it really is like you can’t type an entire reply without making these intellectually dishonest assertions.

For starters this is the previous costume, it does not include suspenders at all & it covers more then just her nipples.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UncleSam_TheFreedomFighters_Phantom_Lady_III.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	93262

An this is the new image, it is not cut down to her navel. Turns out the navel is not in the middle of the solar plexus… so again we are back to you being intellectually dishonest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHLADY_Cv1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	93263

Hey, lets try something new: An entire reply were you don’t employee hyperbole. Could we try for that?
    Last edited by kelly_warrior_princess; 05-13-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Gone

One poster said it best, he listed two things he liked about the character. The first one was her breasts.
    Is that better or worse than liking Nightwing because of his tight butt shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    or the booster Gold butt shots in 52.

BANNED

or the booster Gold butt shots in 52.
    kelly, what time is it where you are? its 4 am for me.

Also, Ive noticed Supes but and ding-a-ling alot more now since they got rid of the red

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh I know, I wasn't implying everyone who hated the new costume did so because of the lack of the boob window, I just think its weird the few who are fixating on it so heavily.
    Personally, I DID like the boob window, but the new costume just screams "generic" to me. Not to mention the fact that I thought the boob window worked in a non-sexual way: I thought it fit the name POWER Girl, in the sense that she was overflowing with power and strength and her "pecs" were bursting forth. Maybe that's just me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    kelly, what time is it where you are? its 4 am for me.

Also, Ive noticed Supes but and ding-a-ling alot more now since they got rid of the red
    I'm on the west coast... The west coast of Australia that is. Its 4 in the afternoon here. Just sitting here working on a DC Adventures game for next weekend. Trying to figure out what villain/s to throw at my super team.

BANNED

I'm on the west coast... The west coast of Australia that is. Its 4 in the afternoon here. Just working on a DC Adventures game for next week.
    so its literally the opposite there, I wonder, since everything is the opposite...do you worship the Anti-Christ instead of Jesus?

so its literally the opposite there, I wonder, since everything is the opposite...do you worship the Anti-Christ instead of Jesus?
    Actually, i'm a secular humanist so i dont worship anyone, or anything: So yeah kind of opposite of the States.

BANNED

Actually, i'm a secular humanist so i dont worship anyone, or anything: So yeah kind of opposite of the States.
    thats because you dump off all your religious people over here, like Ken Ham and Ray Comfort (NZ = Aus). Oh, but you will regret that decision, once our arc is complete...yes...no one will survive the flood but us...

thats because you dump off all your religious people over here, like Ken Ham and Ray Comfort (NZ = Aus). Oh, but you will regret that decision, once our arc is complete...yes...no one will survive the flood but us...
    I would consider it a mercy. Could you imagine being stuck on a boat with Ken Ham, Ray Comfort & the Hovinds *shudder*

I'll take cold icy death over that any day of the week.

I'm a Power Girl fan because she kicks ass. She just happens to look her best while kicking ass while in this costume.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post

Did anyone complain when he became Batman that they couldn't see his butt because of the cape?

(I would actually like to know if someone did. I think it would be hilarious)

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post

I'm a Power Girl fan because she kicks ass. She just happens to look her best while kicking ass while in this costume.
    That is one kick ass animation. Is that from the DCUO game?